Walsh does right by being patient

Walsh does right by being patient

There are 13 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 17, 2008, titled Walsh does right by being patient. In it, Newsday reports that:

If you heard what the Clippers gave up for Marcus Camby , you were thinking the same thing I was: Why couldn't Donnie Walsh get the same, or better, for Zach Randolph ? Well, he couldn't get better and wasn't ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

jellyjetts

Tampa, FL

#1 Jul 17, 2008
Did you ever hear of addition by subtraction? Getting rid of Randolph would have been great for the Knicks clubhouse and their future. have you read 1 quote where another Knick player mentions playing with Zach? On the court Zach Randolph is where passes go to die.
alan t

Chillicothe, OH

#2 Jul 17, 2008
jellyjetts wrote:
Did you ever hear of addition by subtraction? Getting rid of Randolph would have been great for the Knicks clubhouse and their future. have you read 1 quote where another Knick player mentions playing with Zach? On the court Zach Randolph is where passes go to die.
Did you even read what Berger wrote??? Evidently not.
Lotterypick

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jul 17, 2008
jellyjetts wrote:
Agreed. Randolph is a stat machine who plays losing basketball and has negative value. He is not a "good card" to be holding as the writer claims. If the goal here is to clear cap space by 2010, the Knicks may not get another opportunity. As for Camby, he plays a valuable role and apparently only has 2 yrs left on his contract. Wouldn't have minded seeing Camby back here for this season and next.
alan t

Chillicothe, OH

#4 Jul 17, 2008
Lotterypick wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Randolph is a stat machine who plays losing basketball and has negative value. He is not a "good card" to be holding as the writer claims. If the goal here is to clear cap space by 2010, the Knicks may not get another opportunity. As for Camby, he plays a valuable role and apparently only has 2 yrs left on his contract. Wouldn't have minded seeing Camby back here for this season and next.
The Knicks might not get another opportunity? Seriously, what are you on? There are two years to "get another opportunity." For somebody with Randolph's talent, there will always be a taker out there.
larry

Duanesburg, NY

#5 Jul 17, 2008
Keeping Randolph for another season reduces playing time for David Lee, which he needs to reach his potential. Especially with the addition of Gallinari. The Knicks should only keep Randolph if they are going to trade Lee. It's unlikely another team will take Randolph, except as an expiering contract in two years. Teams already know what he can do, as well as the problems he brings.
peter kane

West Hempstead, NY

#6 Jul 17, 2008
I believe you are overvaluing zach randolph, the biggest problem with this team was attitude, character & a commitment to playing team basketball.

Zach & Steph need to go.
Buddyboy

AOL

#7 Jul 17, 2008
Now that's what I call good writing. That boy's got some talent.
alan t

Chillicothe, OH

#8 Jul 17, 2008
larry wrote:
Keeping Randolph for another season reduces playing time for David Lee, which he needs to reach his potential. Especially with the addition of Gallinari. The Knicks should only keep Randolph if they are going to trade Lee. It's unlikely another team will take Randolph, except as an expiering contract in two years. Teams already know what he can do, as well as the problems he brings.
Oh, come on. You can't be serious. It reduces playing time for David Lee? For what team? Lee is already gone.
Greg Riles

Jackson Heights, NY

#9 Jul 17, 2008
Dantoni had Nash, Marion Stodimier....It wasn't the coach. Had he coached with the talent he had; I believe the Colangelo' mindset would have kept him. I still say, Walsh was the wrong move. Dolan should have hired Colangelo to run the KNICKS. instead, we got the coach he let go on purpose. What does he know that Washed Up Walsh doesn't.
Dantoni in not a playoff coach. He's an assistant who had gunners on his sqaud. yet, he didn't get "THE JOB" done.
Knicks will continue to lose. Nets will resurface long before KNicks will.

Knick Expert NYC
Greg Riles

Jackson Heights, NY

#10 Jul 17, 2008
David Lee? Please, enough of the hype. Lee was a hustler on a bad team. That's it. We need money players.

DEFENSE
don

Belize City, Belize

#11 Jul 18, 2008
i think the knicks should get anthony roberson and they could get a good power forward from the free agents or trade randolph morris ,zach randolph ,david lee or jerome james free agent big men emeka okafor , theo ratliff, kurt thomas, arlonzo mourning, dikembe mutombo, nenad krstic, andris biedrins, luol deng they could sign one of these guys or trade for one of them
knickxs

Rye, NY

#12 Jul 22, 2008
i think walsh should to tell marbury to pack his bags and got the spurs or something! I also think it was stupid that donnie didn't trade randolph to the clippers for that pick. we would freed so much cap space. it doesn't matter because the knicks arent getting lebron
Pacers Fan

Utica, KY

#13 Jul 31, 2008
Walsh needs to trade Jerome James to the Pacers for PG-Jamaal Tinsley!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jerome James Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
News Isaiah Rider (Apr '10) Apr '10 BD Gopherfan 1
News Is Morris the real deal? - AM New York (Mar '07) Jan '10 glen wildeforde 3
News Phoenix Suns: Amare, Nash, Shaq And The Draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 col 3
News Knicks' new guys could face Raptors (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 12
News Chicago Bulls trade Larry Hughes to Knicks for ... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Jeebs 223
News Knicks turn down Nate Robinson trade, pick up L... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 28
More from around the web