Houston has invite to Knicks camp, ou...

Houston has invite to Knicks camp, out of respect -

There are 6 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 6, 2007, titled Houston has invite to Knicks camp, out of respect -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Allan Houston has an open invitation to Knicks camp, but it's more of a respectful gesture than genuine interest in having the 36-year-old sharpshooter back on the roster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Barry from Brooklyn

Astoria, NY

#1 Oct 6, 2007
Alan would be foolish to go back to the Knicks. From the sound of it, they don't really want or need him. The only person on the Knicks who may want to see him back is Dolan, looking to get some of that $100 million back so he can pay AB.
Smarter than a 5th Grader

Portland, OR

#2 Oct 8, 2007
It doesn't have anything to do with the salary cap. The cap number was set in July and stays the same throughout the season. The payroll number might change as players come and go, but the cap doesn't.
Besides, the Nets will be over the cap with or without Allan Houston.
ron

Astoria, NY

#3 Oct 8, 2007
yes i would consider getting rid of james he has not shown anything in his two years in ny
EM Conner

United States

#4 Oct 10, 2007
If Alan wants to come back thats fine but the Knicks shouldn't entertanin the thought. Back in the day he was great. It's time to keep moving forward. Also gey rid of James. He has not mad any contribution to the improvement of the team. Then again we could let go of James and keep Alan.
Ron

Woodbridge, NJ

#5 Oct 10, 2007
The best roster cut for the Knicks would be Isiah Thomas
jerry

AOL

#6 Oct 10, 2007
Yeah, and I guess the Knicks just signed Houston "out of respect". He has got more class than all of Madison Square Garden combined. Out of "Respect" Isiah should be more respectfull. Out of "Respect" Isiah should learn from Allen. Allen is only 36, not ancient, he has not been a drug user or a drinker, he is still in great shape and his knees are healed. I wrote about this a year ago, that he would be a Knick again, and a good one. Knicks still need the Shot Blocker I have been beckoning for. Isiah, are you listening? Randolf and Curry are just scorers, no defense. Get a guy who can swat and you got a chance at a title, this year. I still don't like the Frye trade, he had so much upside and was a great team player. Three cheers for signing Allen, we got some class and a guy who can make the nets sway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jerome James Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
News Isaiah Rider (Apr '10) Apr '10 BD Gopherfan 1
News Is Morris the real deal? - AM New York (Mar '07) Jan '10 glen wildeforde 3
News Phoenix Suns: Amare, Nash, Shaq And The Draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 col 3
News Knicks' new guys could face Raptors (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 12
News Chicago Bulls trade Larry Hughes to Knicks for ... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Jeebs 223
News Knicks turn down Nate Robinson trade, pick up L... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 28
More from around the web