With top pick, Bulls now attractive to Johnson

The Bulls' No. 1 pick might have an impact on the roster and on general manager John Paxson's coaching search as well. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tony

Nobleton, FL

#1 May 23, 2008
All of a sudden Johnson's interested? What a difference the overall #1 pick makes....I'd tell him to go fook himself!

Since: Jan 08

Pomona, CA

#2 May 23, 2008
Look, dude. Would you want to take a job with Heinie at the point when Cuban owes you !2 million? Rose could be the greatest point ever. Sure, that's a big statement. BUT He has the skill set that matches with one MJJ, and, he's unselfish. Think open shots and fast break with Thomas, Noah, and Thabo. Pax needs the courage to admit he was wrong about Heinie and little Ben and retool the team.
Debate is

Chicago, IL

#3 May 23, 2008
...getting old.
There's no right or wrong on who you pick out of the two.
cwoulds

Chicago, IL

#4 May 23, 2008
Derek Rose is Ben Gordon WITHOUT the on again, off again jumper.

PLEASE draft Beasely!
James

Chicago, IL

#5 May 23, 2008
cwoulds wrote:
Derek Rose is Ben Gordon WITHOUT the on again, off again jumper.
PLEASE draft Beasely!
Obviously you have no idea, have you seen Rose's games, he is like Lebron James. He can penetrate inside the basket and finish it, unlike Gordon who just shoot from 3s. Just penetrating inside the basket will create better shots for the players. You need true point guard in the NBA to win championship, look at Spurrs (Parker), Heat (Wade), etc..
Just Steve

Arlington Heights, IL

#6 May 24, 2008
cwoulds... are you out of your mind?

Gordon cannot handle the dribble, doesn't pass well, and doesn't even pentrate well. He's a too short 2 guard, which is why he's a good (not great) first guy off the bench and not much more.

While I don't know if I've consumed all of the Rose koolaid, I definitely believe he would be a great addition to the Bulls and a huge improvement at the point. Heinrich is simply not in the same league as Rose. And the Bulls definitely suffer for it, especially this last season where Heinrich's play seemed to actually diminish.

I still would argue that the combination of Noah, Thomas, and Deng provide a servicable, maybe even effective (if not great) front court. Rose and Sefalosha make for an interesting back court, especially if Thabo continues to improve.
john

Lombard, IL

#7 May 24, 2008
maybe the bull can make a deal with the heat and get both of these guys.
Herbert

Crystal Lake, IL

#8 May 24, 2008
bulls fans- remove your rose colored sun glasses and realize this org starts with reinsdorf and his puppet paxson. when its all about money, bulls fans lose. jordan, jackson, pippen, sign and trade, kick em out, get rid of em...chase them away.
mitchellratliff

Chicago, IL

#9 May 24, 2008
it is a no brainer to pick johnson as the coach of the chicago bulls just as well as it is a no brainer for the bulls to draft rose but bulls fans please dont get your hopes up high as we no paxson will not pick one of them because as he say it he dont want to break up his core guys and jerry is to cheap to pay for a quality coach see post jordan years.
Spaniard

London, UK

#10 May 24, 2008
The Bulls should try to get another American coach with international experience such as George Karl, D´Antoni, etc. In an increasingly more international competition that would enable the team to improve its performance.

By the way, The Bulls´foreign players Deng and Nocioni are the best among a mediocre bunch of players who would not even succeed in Europe. Shame they did not bring Pau.
GWT

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 May 24, 2008
Let's make everybody on the team convert to Zen and offer Phil Jackson a bundle to come back and coach.
Paul

Chicago, IL

#12 May 24, 2008
If the Bulls doesn't draft Rose and get Johnson, then Reinsdorf should sell the team. This city has the greatest fans and waiting too long for a championship. He and Paxson passed on too many great players such as KG, Kobe, etc..
Leon

Crystal Lake, IL

#13 May 24, 2008
I predict the bulls will trade the top draft choice to the knicks for future draft considerations and money. I also predict Reinsdorf will make lots of money for the shareholders, raise ticket prices and keep costs down. Its a No for Rose or anybody else. Its all about money Bulls fans. You lose.
bullseye8ball

United States

#14 May 24, 2008
Johnson/Rose addition improves the Bulls back to the bottom of the qualifying teams for the playoffs. They will be better but in a new "learning phase". Anything less and they won't even make the playoffs - again.
bullseye8ball

United States

#15 May 24, 2008
Paxson is interviewing a lot of ex-players for the head coach position. I hope Reinsdorf hasn't given the word to him to look for a guy that would have to suit up in case of injury to Gordon, Deng, or anyone else. You know how cheap he can be.
Acid

Switzerland

#16 May 24, 2008
background information: Chicago Bulls

see: http://www.lufee.com/news-tag/bulls/
Lou

Schaumburg, IL

#17 May 24, 2008
Paxson has to be thinking, "Why couldn't it have been the second pick?" He is in an almost no-win situation because:

A) No matter who he picks, half of the fans will say he should have picked the other guy.

B)If the guy he picks goes bust and the second guy becomes a star, he will be vilified. If he had the second pick, he could always fall back on the he-was-the-best-guy-left line.
Mahmoud Abdul Rauif

Cary, IL

#18 May 24, 2008
James wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you have no idea, have you seen Rose's games, he is like Lebron James. He can penetrate inside the basket and finish it, unlike Gordon who just shoot from 3s. Just penetrating inside the basket will create better shots for the players. You need true point guard in the NBA to win championship, look at Spurrs (Parker), Heat (Wade), etc..
No, actually, you don't need an all-world point guard to compete for championships and go deep into the playoffs. Take a look at Ian Thomsen's analysis in Sports Illustrated, dude,( SI.com ). He's right; point guards rarely make a difference; you need players that can take over a game. Bulls have "good, young players" but no stars or future 1st team all-stars. Of the two, Bulls have to decide who gives them the better chance of being a future NBA star or top 10 talent. Better chance that Beasley will be that; he is a pure scorer down low, something that the Bulls have needed for a long time. Heinrich and Duhon are servicable point guards; if not, move them and bring someone in already in the league.
Big Kama

Palos Hills, IL

#19 May 24, 2008
Johnson/Rose might be good new additions. Might be. Rose I like. Avery's fire I respect although I'm not sure he is the best guy for the job. Certainly a good coach. I think they like the guy from Boston.
bullseye8ball

United States

#20 May 24, 2008
Let's get someone who has been there as a coach with a winning franchise rather than as an assistant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Hornacek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jazz owner 'lived a charmed life' (Jun '09) Jun '09 JessicaF 1
Paxson planning to talk with other Bulls coachi... (May '08) May '08 Dave 1
Johnson likes Bulls better now (May '08) May '08 striker 1
A look at potential replacements for D'Antoni (May '08) May '08 DSP 1
Preseason a time of optimism for Jazz fans (Nov '07) Nov '07 DDog 1
Jazz, don't give in to A.K. (Sep '07) Sep '07 brianna norman 1
More from around the web