BERARDINO: Shaking off 300 pounds of ...

BERARDINO: Shaking off 300 pounds of rust will take some time

There are 18 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 24, 2007, titled BERARDINO: Shaking off 300 pounds of rust will take some time. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

INDIANAPOLIS He's ba-aaaack. Uh, check that. Used a few too many "A's" there. Got a little carried away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Tim

Irving, TX

#1 Jan 24, 2007
I really like Shaq. But I think his 5 year contract with the Heat is really bad for the Heat. Shaq hasn't and won't deliver anything close to what he is getting paid.
Hunter D

Orlando, FL

#2 Jan 25, 2007
300 lbs plus some change? Isn't it more like 400 lbs less some chage? Wouldn't that be closer to the truth?
Iceman

Boynton Beach, FL

#3 Jan 25, 2007
Just give Shaq some time to shake the rust loose. In the NBA the regular season means next to nothing as long as you make the playoffs - which nearly half the teams do. Use Shaq sparingly for now and slowly build his minutes as the season progresses. That recipe worked last year and, as they say, don't fix it if it ain't broken. Besides what other alternative do they have? Trade him? No way.
Alan Ogg

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Jan 25, 2007
Was it me, or did Shaq show more energy than we're used to? His offense and defense were horrid (rust), but I thought he hussled well. Hope he hussles us past .500!
Kobe

United States

#5 Jan 25, 2007
Stick a fork in him (Shaq), he's done.

Since: Dec 06

Chicago suburb

#6 Jan 25, 2007
I hate to say it (big Heat fan), but I think they're done as well. Wade can't do it all and he's being severely overworked!
nnn

Miami, FL

#7 Jan 25, 2007
hahaha I'll see you all celebrating in a few months saying "i told you so, Shaq is the man"...he hasnt played since when? June? Come on, let the man get back, he is taking it with humor and timing, he knows he'll be back strong in time for the playoffs, we are taking about the defending champions with exactly the same line-up that took 4 straight from Dallas. Whoever says bringing Shaq was a waste is very wrong, he already earned his paycheck, Miami wasnt gonna win a championship anytime soon, and most of all, Miami wasnt gonna be one of the favorites to win it every year much less when it is below .500...If i had to bet, my bets to win the east would be with the heat.
Alan Ogg

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Jan 25, 2007
Kobe wrote:
Stick a fork in him (Shaq), he's done.
Not quite yet Kobe. When he degrades to the point where he is a negative factor for the team (remember Marino's final days? Hats off to Dan, but he stunk in his last season) then he's done, but with his size and basketball IQ, that ain't gonna happen for another season or two...or three. Don't underestimate his IQ - its the primary reason why I think he is still an impact player.
sick and tired

AOL

#10 Jan 25, 2007
i blame george bush. he must be at fault for shaqs poor performance. hes at fault for everything else so......
maria in dc

Washington, DC

#11 Jan 25, 2007
Shag is a great athlete but he is slow and has always been dominant because of size not his skills
yeah he was a good ball player and he still might have a few good moves left but lets face it he aint no better than our centers of today like Nowitzki and others they shoot the ball better at distance and they play center shag only shoots up under the basket
word to shag
let someone else play and you be back up
Heat fan

Wellington, Canada

#13 Jan 25, 2007
puls**
Heat fan

Wellington, Canada

#14 Jan 25, 2007
plus**
Heat fan

Wellington, Canada

#15 Jan 25, 2007
KOBEE EYY, HE DIDNT WIN SHIT HIMSELF.. I WONDER WHY SHAQ HAS THE 3 FINAL MVP AWARDS AND A SEASON MVP AWARD TO GO WITH THAT, LETS SEE KOBE WIN 3 CONSECUTIVE "HIMSELF"!!!!
shek

United States

#16 Jan 25, 2007
nnn wrote:
hahaha I'll see you all celebrating in a few months saying "i told you so, Shaq is the man"...he hasnt played since when? June? Come on, let the man get back, he is taking it with humor and timing, he knows he'll be back strong in time for the playoffs, we are taking about the defending champions with exactly the same line-up that took 4 straight from Dallas. Whoever says bringing Shaq was a waste is very wrong, he already earned his paycheck, Miami wasnt gonna win a championship anytime soon, and most of all, Miami wasnt gonna be one of the favorites to win it every year much less when it is below .500...If i had to bet, my bets to win the east would be with the heat.
couldnt have said it better myself
Heat Freak

Spartanburg, SC

#17 Jan 25, 2007
O'Neal is in decline, too overweight, too big, too slow and only on his way to an early retirement, trust me.
Heat Freak

Spartanburg, SC

#18 Jan 25, 2007
Shaq needs to condition himself! BIG TIME!
yodaddy

Escondido, CA

#19 Jan 25, 2007
shut up to all you shaq haters. In the end he will stomp on everyone. EVERYONE. And cha-ching championship number two is in the pocket.

Since: Dec 06

Chicago suburb

#20 Feb 4, 2007
I was amazed at Shaq yesterday. He looked in great shape. Granted this is my first time seeing him in person, but he looked almost spritely! I think the rust is slowly coming off. GO HEAT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Foster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N.B.A. Labor Strife Now a War of Words (Oct '11) Nov '11 maninfl 37
News Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
News Pacers' Hansbrough falls behind (Oct '10) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Roster shuffle a problem for Pacers (Jan '10) Jan '10 sec2no1 1
News Do the Indiana Pacers' Hopes Hinge on Tyler Han... (Aug '09) Aug '09 GO UNC 1
News O'Neal, Pacers hand Sixers 1st loss (Nov '06) Aug '09 FOR BENLEASR- A ... 34
News Pacers' Murphy out of tonight's game (Mar '09) Mar '09 ZzZzZ 2
More from around the web