Is it time for Pacers to start worrying?

Is it time for Pacers to start worrying?

There are 76 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 1, 2008, titled Is it time for Pacers to start worrying?. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The Indiana Pacers don't have the word "desperate" sitting on the tip of their tongues, but they realize what lies ahead of them on the schedule.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
The Slide Begins

Newport, KY

#62 Jan 2, 2008
Fell Down Funked Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, here's your challenge. Go through the entire roster, and post for the room why you feel each individual member of the Pacers are "thugs". In addition, you need to define the word "thug". It ought to be good to see your explanation as to how Danny Granger is a thug. Or Travis Diener. Or Kareem Rush. You nimrods throw the word "thug" around so much you have almost lost sight of who you're actually mad at, or even why.
And if you don't answer my question exactly the way I asked you to, then you are a coward who talks big, but runs when asked to back it up.
No one ever said that ALL Pacers are thugs. Thugs are people of that Get in to fights, bully people and try to intimidate people with fire arms and use drugs. Before you say that no Pacer has been tested positive for drugs it is because they have not been tested right after they were caught with the drugs. They have also had people in their posses take the fall for the pot. Obviously Tinsley falls in to this catagory. Marquis Daniels and Shawne Williams also fit the catagory. Face it, more than one thug makes a group of thugs. It is a shame that players like Granger and Foster have to share a locker room with people that should be in jail cells.
Fell Down Funked Up

Westminster, CO

#65 Jan 2, 2008
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>Not only is the idiot that stayed at a 4 star hotel and had a shoot out a thug so are the alot of them. Ghetto mentality is all. Ben Wallace is a thug and so are alot on other teams, if you expect me to work for you and return info. to you you're nuts. It's not a real big deal to satisfy your wants. Perhaps you're a thug.
So instead of actually answering the question, you make stereotypical comments about "ghetto mentality".

Perhaps I'm a thug? And you're basing this on what?
Fell Down Funked Up

Westminster, CO

#66 Jan 2, 2008
The Slide Begins wrote:
<quoted text>No one ever said that ALL Pacers are thugs. Thugs are people of that Get in to fights, bully people and try to intimidate people with fire arms and use drugs. Before you say that no Pacer has been tested positive for drugs it is because they have not been tested right after they were caught with the drugs. They have also had people in their posses take the fall for the pot. Obviously Tinsley falls in to this catagory. Marquis Daniels and Shawne Williams also fit the catagory. Face it, more than one thug makes a group of thugs. It is a shame that players like Granger and Foster have to share a locker room with people that should be in jail cells.
Not a single Pacer has been arrested or charged with a drug offense. Not one.

I'm hard pressed to think why Shawne Williams should be in jail. He was charged with a traffic offense, not a gun charge, not a drug charge. Last time I checked, in order to go to jail, you actually have to be charged and convicted of a crime.
Brayden

Australia

#67 Jan 2, 2008
jerimine oneal is there key. his playing alrite i guess but not good enough. needs to lift his team and ths question you gave me i say NO there a good team they just need to think different play the game different tinsley needs 3pt shoots his great at that as well as getting a few assist so keep it
ARS

Thousand Oaks, CA

#68 Jan 2, 2008
people people people there are teams in the East that should be worrying and we are not one of em. WE dont have the type of team that anyone should expect anything major from.
ARS

Thousand Oaks, CA

#69 Jan 2, 2008
time to worry?? it wont be time to worry until your whole starting lineup is tossed together from the free agency pool. even then there might be something positive come out of it because we would have plenty of money to spend.
ARS

Thousand Oaks, CA

#70 Jan 2, 2008
correction, if we go out and pick up Latrell Sprewell i might worry lil bit
Harlan Erickson

Seattle, WA

#71 Jan 2, 2008
Wasn't it great to invest in Conseco Field House and have a team such as the Pacers to represent the people of Indianapolis? Perhaps more of Indy's citizens will wear saggin' pants to show their pride!
IPS graduates 52 percent

West Manchester, OH

#72 Jan 2, 2008
Fell Down Funked Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a single Pacer has been arrested or charged with a drug offense. Not one.
And hereís where I point out that while Shawne Williams was not arrested for drugs the guy in the front seat was USING drugs in the vehicle Williams was driving, and the guy in the back seat with the stolen gun was a convicted cocaine dealer. Draw your own conclusions.
lol

Indianapolis, IN

#73 Jan 3, 2008
JO franchise. Big time performance last night. 4 big points in yet another dominating game as one of the premier big men in the league.
james

New Lenox, IL

#76 Jan 3, 2008
Make a trade,please make a trade
james

New Lenox, IL

#77 Jan 3, 2008
His name is Jermaine O'neal, J.O isn't the problem Larry Bird is, he brought these guys here thinking their winners, Larry Bird broke up a team that won 61 games think about that, If Larry Legend don't make the playoffs don't talk about trades talk about firing Larry Bird, he builds teams that can win 35 to 38 games.
Brayden wrote:
jerimine oneal is there key. his playing alrite i guess but not good enough. needs to lift his team and ths question you gave me i say NO there a good team they just need to think different play the game different tinsley needs 3pt shoots his great at that as well as getting a few assist so keep it
ARS

Thousand Oaks, CA

#78 Jan 4, 2008
IPS graduates 52 percent wrote:
<quoted text>
And hereís where I point out that while Shawne Williams was not arrested for drugs the guy in the front seat was USING drugs in the vehicle Williams was driving, and the guy in the back seat with the stolen gun was a convicted cocaine dealer. Draw your own conclusions.
I bet the neighbor you say hello to everyday uses drugs, does that make you a criminal?
IPS graduates 52 percent

West Manchester, OH

#79 Jan 5, 2008
ARS wrote:
<quoted text>I bet the neighbor you say hello to everyday uses drugs, does that make you a criminal?
First off, I would be willing to bet large sums of money that my neighbor doesnít use illegal drugs, but thatís really not the point.

However, youíre truly an IDIOT (and I generally refrain from name calling) if you think someone DOING drugs in your car and a neighbor doing drugs in their home is the same thing.

Gee officer, I was just driving the car when he robbed and killed that man, I had nothing to do with it. Um, sure...
ARS

Thousand Oaks, CA

#80 Jan 6, 2008
IPS graduates 52 percent wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I would be willing to bet large sums of money that my neighbor doesnít use illegal drugs, but thatís really not the point.
However, youíre truly an IDIOT (and I generally refrain from name calling) if you think someone DOING drugs in your car and a neighbor doing drugs in their home is the same thing.
Gee officer, I was just driving the car when he robbed and killed that man, I had nothing to do with it. Um, sure...
Nobody robbed and killed anyone first off. We all know Williams WAS probably smoking, but my point with using your neighbor as a reference was to point out that you support or say hello to people at arms reach that use or distribute drungs (even if you don't know it). Yes Williams was stupid for what he did (driving no license, while smoking, at wee hours of the night, with bad influence friends), but the post I replied to was saying he is a criminal. That was my odd way of saying leave him alone, he's just young and stupid, the gun wasn't his, hopefully he learned from it, move on , and people across the street from you probably do worse. You call me an idiot... I am illiterate to many things in this world and this may not be the definition of "idiot", but an idiot is someone thats spends time looking at and griping about the lifestyle of someone else. Stepping in and telling someone to leave someone else alone makes me an idiot?? Calling people names based on the mistakes they make and the things they say might not be very smart. Hope you never become a coach.
ARS

Thousand Oaks, CA

#81 Jan 6, 2008
Betting large sums of money in the state of Indiana might be considered criminal activity. See, other people can be petty and use your words against you also. This was just a joke, hope you realize it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Foster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N.B.A. Labor Strife Now a War of Words (Oct '11) Nov '11 maninfl 37
News Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
News Pacers' Hansbrough falls behind (Oct '10) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Roster shuffle a problem for Pacers (Jan '10) Jan '10 sec2no1 1
News Do the Indiana Pacers' Hopes Hinge on Tyler Han... (Aug '09) Aug '09 GO UNC 1
News O'Neal, Pacers hand Sixers 1st loss (Nov '06) Aug '09 FOR BENLEASR- A ... 34
News Pacers' Murphy out of tonight's game (Mar '09) Mar '09 ZzZzZ 2
More from around the web