Diogu makes most of golden opportunity

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The X-factor showed why Saturday. Ike Diogu got an opportunity to show the potential that had been much-discussed since he was traded from Golden State to the Indiana Pacers, leading a fourth-quarter comeback ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
TheDarkHorseOne

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2007

Well, that was a nice win in a back-to-back. Another team win with individual achievement that was overshadowed by the team concept.

Give Coach a bit of credit tonight. In a game where foul trouble prevailed, we did as well.

Nice win, Rick and Team! 5 games over .500 and ALOT of home games this month. With some good breaks, we could gains some ground or lead the East by month's end.

Wouldn't that be a treat?
Louisville Pacer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2007

IN the past, this team would have mailed in the second game, but these guys fought through some double digit deficits.

Congrats. Isn't it now 6 out of the last 7 games? With GS coming to town? This should be fun to see Jackson give some up some easy points to the Pacers by complaining about no-calls.
Coach

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2007

The Pacers played with a lot of heart because Memphis was hitting everything and parading to the line. I couldn't believe some of the prayers they were hitting. Nevertheless, the Pacers showed this team is for real. Ike was the man and gives this team some punch they didn't have with their previous lineup. This team is deep and talented and most importantly....COACHABLE. Tinsley was awesome...Jermaine was awesome...Granger..Dunleavy... even Harrison came back with some STRONG minutes. With all of these interchangeable parts the Pacers will WIN THE EAST.

Great win!! Let's keep it rolling.

Coach
MIke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2007

It's nice to see Pacer basketball again.
Hoosier Sammy

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2007

All who have red my post in the past know I am not a big Tinsley fan. But during the night about a week or two ago something mysterious happened in the Circle City.

I was in my backyard and observed a suspicous light coming from the sky, I gazed in amazement as the light seemed to focus in on a particular location of the city. For days I pondered this event and was affraid to even speak of it.

The next night I settled in my easy chair to watch the Pacers play the Pistons. As the game progressed a player wearing Pacer uniform bearing the name Tinsley and starting at point gaurd was on the court. I knew he looked like Tinsley but something was different, this player was actually playing NBA caliber point gaurd and doing it for 3.5 quarters. And then it happened, two crucial turnovers in the clutch snapped me back to reality. Nope that really is Tinsley out their.

I still pondered those 3.5 quaters and wondered if it was possible that this could be some sign. Then it happened, this Tinsley went on a multiple game streak of actually showing some NBA caliber talent. I was amazed baffled and actually a little excited (after all above all I am a Pacer Fan)

I then recalled the strange light. I did some research and discovered the location of the light was very close to the location of Tinsley's Indiana residents. Could it be that beings from another planet came to Carlisle, Bird and Walshes rescue took Tinsley into their private vessel and instilled some talent? This is the only explanation possible. After years of watching the point gaurd position cost this team, It is the only plausible explanation.

So I thank the beings of superior basketball talent for looking kindly on this long suffering franchise. And as long as it last it we will appreciate it.
Jeremy

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2007

LOL
Visitin from Sac

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2007

So, do u guys miss Jackson and Artest?

Is it really like battered wife syndrome with new found freedom?
Steve Raucher

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2007

Dunleavy will break your heart. Trust me on this. He can't shoot, plays no defense, doesn't rebound, is soft, and plays with a dumbfounded look on his face. Because of that look refs don't respect him.

I love Troy Murphy and miss him with the Warriors. Nelson never game him a chance but he is too slow for the Warriors running offense. Problem is, except for Andris Biedrins, the Warriors have no rebounding. You can't run if you don't have the ball.

This is going to be called the Ike Diagu trade in the end.
Phil

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2007

Steve Raucher wrote:
Dunleavy will break your heart. Trust me on this. He can't shoot, plays no defense, doesn't rebound, is soft, and plays with a dumbfounded look on his face. Because of that look refs don't respect him.
Oh, sure. We'll believe some kid like you who continually posts the same trash. Make a big change. Do something productive with you life.
Steve Raucher

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2007

Oh Phil, thanks for calling me a kid. I'm 56.

Great first half tonight for Dunleavy. 1 for 7 shooting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jeff Foster Discussions

Search the Jeff Foster Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
N.B.A. Labor Strife Now a War of Words (Oct '11) Nov '11 maninfl 37
Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
Pacers' Hansbrough falls behind (Oct '10) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
Roster shuffle a problem for Pacers (Jan '10) Jan '10 sec2no1 1
Do the Indiana Pacers' Hopes Hinge on Tyler Han... (Aug '09) Aug '09 GO UNC 1
O'Neal, Pacers hand Sixers 1st loss (Nov '06) Aug '09 FOR BENLEASR- A FRIEND 34
Pacers' Murphy out of tonight's game (Mar '09) Mar '09 ZzZzZ 2
•••
•••