Pacers show growth spurts

The outcome of Wednesday's preseason game between the Indiana Pacers and New Orleans Hornets was irrelevant. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
PLAYA

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Oct 11, 2007
Right coach, Wrong GM! and if Doc don't win a title with the Celtics this year he's OUT and Birds boy is back in! Don't HATE
Do What

Eminence, IN

#3 Oct 11, 2007
Where did they find 9202 "fans" for a preseason game?
Harrison injured his ankle.....imagine that!
Babyfaced assassin

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Oct 11, 2007
Was at the game....Pacers looked great in the first half, uptempo creating open shots....kind of stalled in the second half (looked a little tired).

Diener looked comfortable running the second unit, Daniels needs to stay healthy.

If the Pacers can control the tempo, they should be pretty decent, a possible playoff team.
ONEINAMILLION

AOL

#5 Oct 11, 2007
Here we go again. The middle where we need help the most, and our two "softies" are hurt already. Ready for some baseball?
PaulBulldog

Upland, IN

#6 Oct 11, 2007
Honestly, the Pacers would have to give me tickets for me to go see a game this year. New coach, new system, same Jamal, same Marquis, same David, etc.
Quit Playing

Pryor, OK

#7 Oct 11, 2007
Babyfaced assassin wrote:
Was at the game....Pacers looked great in the first half, uptempo creating open shots....kind of stalled in the second half (looked a little tired).
Diener looked comfortable running the second unit, Daniels needs to stay healthy.
If the Pacers can control the tempo, they should be pretty decent, a possible playoff team.
What have you been smoking? Or were you smoking with Williams? The Pacers will not make the playoffs, they will be in the cellar with no lights..Don't fall into preseason crap...It's a joke..They'd be lucky to win 34 games....Get real: SAME PACERS JUST SLOWER...Do you really believe Dunleavey will get lucky and get 20pts game in and game out?
Owhaaa

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Oct 11, 2007
Imagine that JO is out with a hangnail again and doesn't play. Trade him to ANYONE who will take this sad excuse of a “franchise” player. Oopps I mean franchise killer.
Go Pacers

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Oct 11, 2007
The past is gone. We need to support our new coach and what he is trying to do. There is obviously some success with his system already. The players who cannot keep up will quickly sink to the bottom. Then Larry can step in and clean up a little. He has a lot on his plate picking up after the slide, but I am sure he can do it. A little optimism goes a long way here.
cts

United States

#10 Oct 11, 2007
Do What wrote:
Where did they find 9202 "fans" for a preseason game?
Harrison injured his ankle.....imagine that!
NO POSSIBLE WAY there were 9200 people there
Cube Jockey

United States

#11 Oct 11, 2007
Quit Playing wrote:
<quoted text>
What have you been smoking? Or were you smoking with Williams? The Pacers will not make the playoffs, they will be in the cellar with no lights..Don't fall into preseason crap...It's a joke..They'd be lucky to win 34 games....Get real: SAME PACERS JUST SLOWER...Do you really believe Dunleavey will get lucky and get 20pts game in and game out?
I think you would win first prize at the playa Hater's Ball.
Babyfaced assassin

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Oct 11, 2007
Quit Playing wrote:
<quoted text>
Pacers were only 5 games away from the playoffs last year, and if they stay healthy, I see no reason why they shouldn't make a run at one of the last playoff spots. The Eastern Conference is weak. Watch a few games with the new style before you judge them. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt right now.
tarzan

Burlington, IN

#13 Oct 11, 2007
how did they get all the thugs off the street long enough to play a basketball game? shouldnt they have been at the strip clubs or a pea shake house?
Lets go Pacers

United States

#14 Oct 11, 2007
I was at the game too. I think the fans will be pleasently surprised with the way this team plays this year. It's much more of a Suns-style attack on offense than it is a walk it up-throw it to JO on the block- type of offense. If fans like high-tempo, quick open shots type of basketball they will enjoy watching this team. Our defense isnt very good right now, but that will come with time in the system.

JO's knee kind of scares me being that its apparently nowhere near 100%. He is going to have to run the floor like he never has this year, but he wont be able to do it if his knee isnt real good. Harrison looked slow in the offense and didnt get back on D.

We are going to see a lot of Troy at the 4 and Foster at the 5 if these fat asses dont lose some weight. They appear to be the only big guys that can get up and down the floor like we want to right now.

All you Tinsley and Dunleavy haters get ready.......If Tins stays healthy he is going to have a monster year in this offense and Dunleavy and Granger are going to get a ton of open looks all over the court.

They really caught NO off guard last night with their quick pace.
What-A-Joke

Lafayette, IN

#15 Oct 11, 2007
Same old team plus new "has been" coach equals a record worse than last year. Same wimpy players! Harrison & Oneil should be put on the IR list for the rest of the year, they suck! Harrison plays one half of the first preseason game and sits out the second half! What-A-Joke! Indy quit supporting these losers!
oneal hater

Danville, IN

#16 Oct 11, 2007
i think the reason the pacers done good is because the tearful #7 was out and the offense ran much more fluent. but hey... i'm not the coach nor the GM because if i was he wouldn't be wearing a pacers uniform.
Hockey Bob

Lexington Park, MD

#17 Oct 11, 2007
Ready for Hockey!
ONEINAMILLION wrote:
Here we go again. The middle where we need help the most, and our two "softies" are hurt already. Ready for some baseball?
Fools Gold

Ramat Gan, Israel

#18 Oct 11, 2007
one day the sun will rise and the Pacers will be champs and in the name of all true FANS -(you know who you are): Please all you non-believers, haters or whatever you want to call a fair weathered personality.
STAY AWAY!
Go Pacers!!!
Hatorade

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Oct 11, 2007
ONEINAMILLION wrote:
How about we get some people in this town who can support the team when they look good????
Kyle Sprouls

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Oct 11, 2007
Okay, they're taking a step in the right direction by actually winning, but remember this is only preseason, the big guns (And I'm talking about Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, and Miami), are big in the East. Pacers are going to have to show the fans here in Indiana that they can focus bear down and get the job done during the regular season before I start watching these games again.
nickh360

Whitestown, IN

#21 Oct 11, 2007
Should we be concerned that several players commented that they had tired legs...after only the first 'preseason' game? Not sure how to read that; are they just tired from working hard or are their bodies not conditioned for that type of ball? If they're already tired from running this type of offense after the first game of the year, how will they still be running it half-way or at the end of the season? I wonder if they've been doing the necessary conditioning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Foster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
N.B.A. Labor Strife Now a War of Words (Oct '11) Nov '11 maninfl 37
Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
Pacers' Hansbrough falls behind (Oct '10) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
Roster shuffle a problem for Pacers (Jan '10) Jan '10 sec2no1 1
Do the Indiana Pacers' Hopes Hinge on Tyler Han... (Aug '09) Aug '09 GO UNC 1
O'Neal, Pacers hand Sixers 1st loss (Nov '06) Aug '09 FOR BENLEASR- A ... 34
Pacers' Murphy out of tonight's game (Mar '09) Mar '09 ZzZzZ 2

Jeff Foster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE