Carlisle's return hot Pacers' topic

Carlisle's return hot Pacers' topic

There are 69 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 16, 2007, titled Carlisle's return hot Pacers' topic. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Will Indiana Pacers coach Rick Carlisle be back next season? That's the question many fans are asking and debating as the Pacers seek to end an 11-game losing streak that has jeopardized their playoff standing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Hoosier Sammy

Florence, KY

#1 Mar 17, 2007
Carlisle will not be the coach next year he knows it and so does Bird and Walsh. The silence on the issue is a resounding no confidence vote for Carlisle.

The problem is so we get a new coach. As we fans have to sit out the rest of the NBA season as this bunch of NBA wannabees tank the season with fictious injuries in an effort to salvage one draft pick, we have to realize that this team is further away than one draft pick. In fact I dont think there are enough draft picks in the league to fix this mess. Also, we all know the rejects from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest that would make the decision on who we would draft. Lets face it even if we had the quinessential luck and actually where in the position to draft an Oden or Durant, rest assure Donnie and Bird have some super secret player from the international league of losers that they just know is the second coming of Jordan. So don't be surprised Pacer fans if your wildest dreams come true and the Pacers get the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft, expect to hear your favorite Commissioner utter these words "With the Number one pick in the 2007 NBA draft the Indiana Pacers select Nahu Samananthanu from Easter Island."

Considering no other team in the leagues wants any of these losers trades are ruled out. Therefore fellow Pacer fans look at this roster it is your Indiana Pacers for at least 3 years.

Change the coach Donnie and Bird thats always a warm fuzzy for the fans. But understand. There is no quality coaching candidate that wants the Pacers job. Also, there is no quality coaching candidate that will abide by the Tinsley must be your point gaurd rule. And there is no quality candidate that wishes to associate there careers with this franchise.
Good Night

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Mar 17, 2007
After 3 years we now ask the question about Rick's coaching, 3 years to late.
Gertrude Clavine

Ridgeville, IN

#4 Mar 17, 2007
Coach needs to go just like most of the players on the team, especially that O'Neil. They need to start over, and let Donnie retire if he wants to.
rick risley

Greenville, SC

#5 Mar 17, 2007
take bird with him too. We need real leaders and the pacers are quickly drowning with the leaders we have. If we had real basketball owners who really cared about basketball, we might not have been in this problem. Cut the losses and start over.Its a real mess and no hope in sight. I dont watch anymore and i dont know how anyone can.
I hate the pacers

Fort Thomas, KY

#6 Mar 17, 2007
How is that bum still coaching the pacers today. I think it tells you somthing about a coach that gets fired after winning the World Championship with detroit. HE IS A PSYCHO
Tom

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Mar 17, 2007
If we get rid of Carlisle and don't dump Bird, we will be in this same position in two years. Both of them have got to go.
Hmmmm

Fishers, IN

#9 Mar 17, 2007
I hope wherever he goes he'll take the Pacers with him.
Nonsense

Union, KY

#10 Mar 17, 2007
He didn't win the championship with Detroit.
Sid Hatfield

Clayton, IN

#11 Mar 17, 2007
rick risley wrote:
If we had real basketball owners who really cared about basketball, we might not have been in this problem.
I can't go along with this. There is a great deal of fault in the Pacers organization, and there have to be more changes before the team will even begin to recover. Carlisle needs to go, and several more players. And the front office needs a shake-up, too.(Probably at least 2 out of Walsh, Bird and Morway). But I see no reason to fault the owners. The Simons have spent the money, and they have put the team in good hands for a lot of years. That is all an owner should do. Don't forget the Simons saved this franchise in 1983.
Art

AOL

#12 Mar 17, 2007
If I was Rick, I would leave anyway. The whole team sucks and cant be fixed for 4-5 years.
Carolyn

United States

#13 Mar 17, 2007
Don't give up- You are loved.

They traded the best,left a bad coach.
Please move Rick. Needs to go anywhere.
Mike

United States

#14 Mar 17, 2007
I think everybody on the coaching staff and in the front office is trying hard and genuinely wants to deliver a winning team....not sure about some of the players, I think there may be some suspect agendas on that team. But sometimes you just get good folks in the wrong situation - I think that's what happened to Carlisle in Detroit. He did a good job with the Pistons but they could see limitations in his coaching approach that would hold the team back so they moved on. Personally I think his style might be better suited to the college game - maybe a mid-major program that needs a very structured approach. Don't know what kind of recruiter he would be though. I hope he can move on to something that's a better fit for him after this year and the Pacers can move on to get a coach that fits better with the needs of this franchise.
Sam

Lebanon, IN

#15 Mar 17, 2007
Carlisle has not been the problem. Bird has been the problem. He hasn't done anything to help the team. He got rid of Artest when he should have gotten rid of O'Neal. He got rid of both Jones (James and Fred) when they were the only people that helped the team during the suspension/injury plagued season of 2004-05. He has kept hopeless bums around like Tinsley and Harrison when all they are doing are taking up a roster space.
John

United States

#16 Mar 17, 2007
Most of the numerous exPacers traded since the Carlile and Bird era have provided significantly to their new teams, made them quite a bit better and played a more upbeat game. I predict Carlile will remain because Bird and Walsh don't get it. Did Detroit get better after Carlile better? Think about it. Carlile and his game is boooooring!
Hal

Westfield, IN

#17 Mar 17, 2007
Who cares, really.
Don in Indy

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Mar 17, 2007
It's unfortunate Carlisle got stuck with the 'thugs' that you never know if they are going to show up or not. Then he was ham strung with the now 'whimps' of the Eastern Conference, literally. He should have stayed with Diogu!? I don't get it! Tinsley should have gone with the others. Croshere and Johnson were basically traded for nothing!(Johnson is now starting for the Hawks and has brought some life and savie to them!Go Figure!) It seems Carlisle has to have the best talent all the way around in order to win with his system. I'm not sure anyone can win with that hodge-podge we've now ended up with. When you get beat by 10 or more that's talents fault. But if it's 5 or less it's the coach. With that in mind it may not be Carlisle's fault On the other hand it may take a genious to figure out what type of ball these guys could win with???? Go for the lottery pick in top 10 and trade Tinsley and J.O. for the No.1 pick and Oden. Oh yeh! don't use it on Durrant a.k.a. S. Williams instead of M. williams like last year. We could be starting Marcus now!
Don in Indy

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Mar 17, 2007
What ever happened to Mike Brown?
Don in Indy

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Mar 17, 2007
Hoosier Sammy wrote:
Carlisle will not be the coach next year he knows it and so does Bird and Walsh. The silence on the issue is a resounding no confidence vote for Carlisle.
The problem is so we get a new coach. As we fans have to sit out the rest of the NBA season as this bunch of NBA wannabees tank the season with fictious injuries in an effort to salvage one draft pick, we have to realize that this team is further away than one draft pick. In fact I dont think there are enough draft picks in the league to fix this mess. Also, we all know the rejects from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest that would make the decision on who we would draft. Lets face it even if we had the quinessential luck and actually where in the position to draft an Oden or Durant, rest assure Donnie and Bird have some super secret player from the international league of losers that they just know is the second coming of Jordan. So don't be surprised Pacer fans if your wildest dreams come true and the Pacers get the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft, expect to hear your favorite Commissioner utter these words "With the Number one pick in the 2007 NBA draft the Indiana Pacers select Nahu Samananthanu from Easter Island."
Considering no other team in the leagues wants any of these losers trades are ruled out. Therefore fellow Pacer fans look at this roster it is your Indiana Pacers for at least 3 years.
Change the coach Donnie and Bird thats always a warm fuzzy for the fans. But understand. There is no quality coaching candidate that wants the Pacers job. Also, there is no quality coaching candidate that will abide by the Tinsley must be your point gaurd rule. And there is no quality candidate that wishes to associate there careers with this franchise.
Excellent thoughts that unfortunately are very true for this Organization. Maybe we can get tix for $2.00 anywhere in the entire upper level!? At that price we could at least come to see other real talent and not have to pay to be nauseas at the same time?
Louisville Pacers

Freetown, IN

#21 Mar 17, 2007
Can't fault Rick for bad athletes, bad team chemistry, and for the immaturity the players have displayed off the court.

That's a management issue with Walsh and Bird.

Isn't amazing how stupid all the coaches have been in Cleveland until they got LeBron James? All of a sudden, the coach (former Pacer assistant coach) is completely brilliant.

Sam Mitchell (Toronto) has bounced around, now Toronto has a matured Chris Bosh, and he's a freakin' genius for his handling of the players.

THIS IS A PLAYERS' LEAGUE.

After the last three seasons playing warden to this bunch of jailbirds and Thugs, Carlisle would probably be happy to be put out of his misery.

The biggest question if coach goes is: Who can make these losers better?
Can't play Tinsley if he has a hangnail. Others forget to play defense.

I say keep the coach, and get better players. If you change the coach, the team will still be bad.
John Jacobs

AOL

#22 Mar 17, 2007
The problem is Larry Bird. He has brought in a bunch of low life players. He was a great player but that is where it ends. The coach is not the problem he has to use the players Bird brought in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Foster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N.B.A. Labor Strife Now a War of Words (Oct '11) Nov '11 maninfl 37
News Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
News Pacers' Hansbrough falls behind (Oct '10) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Roster shuffle a problem for Pacers (Jan '10) Jan '10 sec2no1 1
News Do the Indiana Pacers' Hopes Hinge on Tyler Han... (Aug '09) Aug '09 GO UNC 1
News O'Neal, Pacers hand Sixers 1st loss (Nov '06) Aug '09 FOR BENLEASR- A ... 34
News Pacers' Murphy out of tonight's game (Mar '09) Mar '09 ZzZzZ 2
More from around the web