Records show poor care for Artest's d...

Records show poor care for Artest's dogs in past

There are 6 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 9, 2007, titled Records show poor care for Artest's dogs in past. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Dogs owned by Sacramento Kings forward Ron Artest have spent a total of 77 nights at the pound since July because of poor care by their owner, costing the NBA star $1,942 in boarding and impound fees, county ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Chad

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Feb 9, 2007
???
Darwin Shurig

Hartselle, AL

#2 Feb 9, 2007
Ron Artest is incredibly irresponsible. He makes millions of dollars and he can't properly take care of his dogs! When I travel for work or we are gone on a family vacation, we pay a great company, Keep Waggin,$13 a visit to take care of our dogs. They are fed and walked three times a day. I am so glad the Pacers got rid of him. With Jackson gone, there is ony Tinsley left and all of the Pacers "dogz" will have been shipped out.

“Butler Wins”

Since: Jan 07

Plainfield

#3 Feb 9, 2007
After all the things that have happened with Artest I still have a soft spot in my heart for him. He was my favorite Pacer for the longest time. Although I wouldn't want him back here. I keep hoping that he will grow up. He seems to be his own worst enemy. It makes me sad to see how he hurts himself more than anyone.
just a fan

Ft Mitchell, KY

#4 Feb 9, 2007
My wife's favorite player was Ron Artest. That was 'her boy'. She first noticed him in the NCAA tournament, and really liked him. I came in from work one afternoon when the tourney was on and she had all sorts of comments about him. You can imagine how happy she was when the PACERS traded for him. She's gone now and I'm just happy she didn't have to see him now-a-days. It would have ... devastated her.

Since: Dec 06

Saint Petersburg, FL

#5 Feb 9, 2007
He should be banned from ever owning another pet. There is no excuse for that. I make a tiny fraction in a year of what he makes in a month, yet when I travel (which is fairly extensively), I always have my dogs in a good quality boarding kennel with outside play time, 24 hour care, etc., because regardless of cost, that is the responsibility I assumed when I adopted them. He can certainly afford to not leave his dogs to fend for themselves while he travels.
angry Pacer fan

Ft Mitchell, KY

#6 Feb 9, 2007
I'll bet he's not missing any meals...What a worthless human being. People like him shouldn't be allowed to have any animals, because they themselves are nothing but animals. And, what a surprise, a pit bull and great dane. He's probably setting up his retirement by starting the first "strip bar/dog fighting club" in the NW. I guess he litterally does like his bitches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Terry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston Celtics Offseason Tracker: Latest Trade ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Leo the bird man 2
News Clutch shooting in NBA not for the shy types (Feb '13) Feb '13 mal2991 1
News Mavericks Win in Nowitzki's 1,000th Career Game (Jan '12) Jan '12 BlitzburghX7 28
News NBA Finals: Dallas gets it done | The Columbus ... (Jun '11) Jan '12 Sublime1983 15
News Still no crown for King as James, Heat fall sho... (Jun '11) Jul '11 jerthemessiah 4
News Nowitzki caps parade with 'We Are The Champions' (Jun '11) Jun '11 D Stern fixes for... 7
News Charles Barkley picks Mavericks to beat Heat in... (May '11) Jun '11 Mavfan 6
More from around the web