Hedo leads Magic again

Hedo leads Magic again

There are 82 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 1, 2008, titled Hedo leads Magic again. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Hedo Turkoglu hit two free throws with 2.4 seconds remaining and finished with 23 points, and the Orlando Magic beat the Philadelphia 76ers 108-106 on Friday night for their third straight victory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Chris

Fate, TX

#21 Feb 1, 2008
rico4ever,

I couldn't agree with you more. Their are just some people in this world who aren't happy unless they are complaining about something.

There was recently a magazine (Men's Health?) That did a nationwide survey to find the Angriest Cities in America. Guess which town took first place? That's right good ole Orlando Florida!!!
Chris

Fate, TX

#22 Feb 1, 2008
The Magic are having their best season since the days of Shaq, Penny, 3D, and Anderson yet people are still complaining? This I don't understand.

Someone please tell me how 30-18 means Van Gundy suks? I guess if some of you were coaching we'd be 48-0!! Maybe some of you should go down to the Magic offices and apply for head coach. See how fast you get laughed out of the building!

"So, how much coaching experience do you have?"

"Ummm...Ummmmm...Well actually I don't have any but I watch a lot of basketball!"

"Well then, how much experience do you have PLAYING basketball? Any NBA experience?"

"Ummmm...Ummmm...Well, no."

"Any college ball?"

"Ummmm...Ummmm....Well, no"

"Any High School ball?"

"Ummmm...Ummmm...Well, no but I've played pick-up games once or twice!"

"Well, thanks for wasting my time. Security will show you to the front door."
nanningbob

Australia

#23 Feb 1, 2008
Luke wrote:
I'm still holding onto my prediction: The Magic will lose the southeast division lead to the Wizards before the All Star break.
Remember you heard it first here.

The Wizards have lost 4 of 6 and the Magic have won 6 of 7. Good call Luke.
nanningbob

Australia

#24 Feb 1, 2008
Jim wrote:
I called this win way back in November. That makes me 88 percent accurate this year in my predictions.
LOL of laughs Jim. Good to see you back, missed some bantering with you. Hey did you see the rape job LA did to Memphis. Dang can I be a GM, Chicago had a lot better offer than that. Those 2 1st round picks wont be worth much now that they have made LA a 55-60 win team. Kobe, Gasahol, Ariza, Odem, Bynum plus the others. They are becoming a decent team and could challenge the other western powers if they can mesh as a team.
Jim

United States

#25 Feb 2, 2008
nanningbob wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL of laughs Jim. Good to see you back, missed some bantering with you. Hey did you see the rape job LA did to Memphis. Dang can I be a GM, Chicago had a lot better offer than that. Those 2 1st round picks wont be worth much now that they have made LA a 55-60 win team. Kobe, Gasahol, Ariza, Odem, Bynum plus the others. They are becoming a decent team and could challenge the other western powers if they can mesh as a team.
Nanningbob I agree. The Lakers basically stole Gasol from Memphis. Elvis is rolling over in his grave right now.
Jim

United States

#26 Feb 2, 2008
It is amazing that the Magic right now seem to be a better team without Jameer Nelson being on the court.
I take nothing away from him, especially with what he has been through in the past few months. He is a stand up guy who is very tough mentally.
But it seems the Magic are better defensively with him on the sidelines. Tonight for example, with Nelson on the court the Magic were outscored by 10 points. And I believe he only played about 7 minutes. Imagine if he had played 25 or 30 minutes.
The thing is do you keep the rotation as it is ? Or do you put Nelson back into the starting lineup once he is completely healthy ?
Jim

United States

#27 Feb 2, 2008
Also what was up with Garrity playing tonight ? I missed a good part of the game. I saw he had 3 fouls. Did they just put him in to use up some fouls ?
I bet J.J. must have been foaming at the mouth in a fit of anger.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#28 Feb 2, 2008
A W is a W, but the perimeter defense was awful last night for 47 minutes and 57.6 secs. Our guards looked good offensively, but time after time Andre Miller, Louise Williams and Willie Green blew by for layups, or got wide open on back door cuts, and so forth. It has to improve.

The bench was poor last night, too. Only Dooling appeared switched at all. Bogans was ok on the boards, and not one of the worst defensively, but he still wasn't good. Brian Cook came in, hit that tough shot and one, then threw the ball away twice and went to sleep on D. Nelson came in, blew past Miller for a nice layup, and then turned the ball over twice and got pulled. Whether it is rust, still having problems with his foot, or the occasion of playing in Philly for the first time since his dad died, he was terrible, and SVG rightly didn't put him back in. He's rapidly losing ground on Arroyo and Dooling for minutes, and needs to pick it up. Foyle and Garrity were pretty much non-factors.

Positives last - loved the performance from Hedo and Rashard last night. 41pts, 14reb and 11ast between them was the type of thing I was hoping for when the Magic initially said they would be playing both of them at the start of the year. And Hedo did a terrific job defending Iguodala.

Oh, just my opinion, but how can anyone complain about Garrity getting minutes over JJ? One's a 6'9", 240lb forward, and one's a 6'4", 200lb guard. They play different positions, and the Magic needed some minutes filled at forward - why would JJ go in?

Since: Jun 07

Nanning, China

#29 Feb 2, 2008
Jim wrote:
Also what was up with Garrity playing tonight ? I missed a good part of the game. I saw he had 3 fouls. Did they just put him in to use up some fouls ?
I bet J.J. must have been foaming at the mouth in a fit of anger.
Maybe showing him off for trade purposes. I am sure he increased his trade value tonight.:)
CARTMANesque

Satellite Beach, FL

#30 Feb 2, 2008
7-3 last 10 games
4.5 ahead of Washington
Much better than last year

Still, the complaining in here is louder than a jet engine.

Come on, you JJ fans and SVG haters have sand in your vaginas. Just admit it.

<Damn Hippies>

Nanning, China

#31 Feb 2, 2008
Lets start a conspiracy. West influences Memphis to give Gashol to LA and McHale teams with Ainge to get Garnett to Boston. Does anyone smell a rat running loose in the NBA.

Nanning, China

#33 Feb 2, 2008
LA traded an assistant coach for crying out loud. Wonder what we could get if we got Julius Erving and Ewing to sign minimum contracts and trade them. Could we get a PF and PG???? How about a couple of draft choices?? Has an assistant coach ever been traded before?? SHEEEEEEEEEESH!!!!!
Luke

Spain

#34 Feb 2, 2008
It seems that we're headed to a Boston- L.A. final, but maybe wouldn't be the case.
I'm not sure Boston is better than Detroit, and yes, L.A. make a big improvement, but we'll see how it work in term of chemistry and defense.

About the Magic, a win is a win as always, but please get some victories before last second... my heart is weak and I want to becoming old someday...

:=)

BTW, I'm not the Luke that predicted Washington ahead of Orlando before the All Star. I'm the twin brother, the optimistic one.

The trade of Gasol make some noise also in Spain!!
Nanningbob wrote:
Lets start a conspiracy. West influences Memphis to give Gashol to LA and McHale teams with Ainge to get Garnett to Boston. Does anyone smell a rat running loose in the NBA.
oscar

Manchester, CT

#35 Feb 2, 2008
Jim wrote:
It is amazing that the Magic right now seem to be a better team without Jameer Nelson being on the court.
I take nothing away from him, especially with what he has been through in the past few months. He is a stand up guy who is very tough mentally.
But it seems the Magic are better defensively with him on the sidelines. Tonight for example, with Nelson on the court the Magic were outscored by 10 points. And I believe he only played about 7 minutes. Imagine if he had played 25 or 30 minutes.
The thing is do you keep the rotation as it is ? Or do you put Nelson back into the starting lineup once he is completely healthy ?
yea I will keep the rotation just like it is now. CA is doing a good job at PG. DId you see that 3 he made at the end to put us by one. he's doing good , that's my opinion.
oscar

Manchester, CT

#36 Feb 2, 2008
noname wrote:
I don't understand, the titular reads "Hedo leads Magics again", then,Where is Hedo's picture? why there is a Jameer picture?
You did it again mr. Schmitz...
Schitz is the worst sports writer that I have heard of!
Wojtek

Tampa, FL

#37 Feb 2, 2008
OH that last turnover by Arroyo !!!We got lucky!
Cocoa Beach Fan

Ocoee, FL

#38 Feb 2, 2008
now thats basketball wrote:
van gundy in old school terry cloth shorts running in slow motion like bo derek running in the movie 10.he runs jumps with the ball in his hands, dunking on the visiting team hanging on the rim,he lets go just in time to give the visiting center a dirty sanchez.
Thanks for the visual! LMAO. The only thing missing was SVG with a headband on...
Cocoa Beach Fan

Ocoee, FL

#39 Feb 2, 2008
ToExciting4Me wrote:
Well that was a real ball game between to lousy coached teams.
I want the magic to win every game but I now agree with Shaq that VanGundy sucks as a coach.
I think the Garrity minutes was another smack in face for Redick. Poor kid, I feel sorry for him and detest Otis Smith & A-hole Van Gundy for their actions.
Love the win.....hate the coach.
First of all its two (2), not to, first grade I think you learn that.
Second, Reddick is not going to come in when they need a big (not that Garrity is a big, but he was playing the 4). BTW, Garrity stunk it up in with his minutes. Reddick does not come in a play the 4.
SVG is doing an excellent job with this team. If he can get them to play better defense, they can move up another level. They are 12 games above .500, so give SVG some love!

By the way everyone that kept saying we are the same team as last year, I believe now you might have to say they are BETTER than last year's team.
Magicred4u

Clermont, FL

#40 Feb 2, 2008
As far as I am concerned Hedo is an All-star. He will continue to prove it over and over again.
Cocoa Beach Fan

Ocoee, FL

#41 Feb 2, 2008
nanningbob wrote:
Luke wrote:
I'm still holding onto my prediction: The Magic will lose the southeast division lead to the Wizards before the All Star break.
Remember you heard it first here.
Hey, great call Luke. Wizards have lost 4 out of 6 and the Magic have won 7 of 9. Yep you heard here first.:)
No doubt! Another prediction by one of these wannabe Magic fan!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Orleans Hornets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder: ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Thunder Up 1
News A.I. would be nice, but 76ers need to focus on 'D' (Dec '09) Dec '09 Sandi LoScalzo 1
News 76ers: 76ers seek top guard in NBA draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 just a thought 1
News Sixers' Jason Smith tears ACL in left knee (Aug '08) Aug '08 Randy Bobby 1
News Keyon Dooling out the door as Magic welcome Mic... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Deezworld 45
News Happy camper: Cook knows event's value (May '08) May '08 Realist 3
News Pistons Push Sixers To Brink Of Elimination (Apr '08) Apr '08 LIVE 2
More from around the web