Hedo leads Magic again

Hedo Turkoglu hit two free throws with 2.4 seconds remaining and finished with 23 points, and the Orlando Magic beat the Philadelphia 76ers 108-106 on Friday night for their third straight victory. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Funny

Caguas, Puerto Rico

#1 Feb 1, 2008
Good competitive game and most important, another win. Although as always there is room to improve we are in the right track.
now thats basketball

Reno, NV

#2 Feb 1, 2008
van gundy in old school terry cloth shorts running in slow motion like bo derek running in the movie 10.he runs jumps with the ball in his hands, dunking on the visiting team hanging on the rim,he lets go just in time to give the visiting center a dirty sanchez.
magic all the way

Ocala, FL

#3 Feb 1, 2008
Great win!!!Also Washington lose. Somebody on here said washington was going to catch us by the all-star game.Doesn't look like it,Huh!I think Hedo got robed.Maybe next year!
ToExciting4Me

AOL

#4 Feb 1, 2008
Well that was a real ball game between to lousy coached teams.
I want the magic to win every game but I now agree with Shaq that VanGundy sucks as a coach.
I think the Garrity minutes was another smack in face for Redick. Poor kid, I feel sorry for him and detest Otis Smith & A-hole Van Gundy for their actions.
Love the win.....hate the coach.
Crackerman

Palm Bay, FL

#5 Feb 1, 2008
He do it again.
Mr Bandwagoneer

Orlando, FL

#6 Feb 1, 2008
I Told You !!! this team is championship material but if they lose i think they are worthless....
Mr Bandwagoneer

Orlando, FL

#7 Feb 1, 2008
is van gundy ever happy? he is always yelling and turning around disgusted...i mean, there are mistakes in every game ,misses ,turnovers , fouls....if he wants a perfect game he should be the point guard and let somebody evaluate his job with a microscope and throw a tantrum every time he doesn't play with perfection.
Search4Knowledge

United States

#8 Feb 1, 2008
Until this team finds a focus, they will end up with a decent regular season record and then get bounced in the first round of the playoffs. If they think they will just be able to flip a switch in April, they're fooling themselves. Their main advantage right now is that a lot of other teams in the Eastern Conference suck.
big vern

Summerfield, FL

#9 Feb 1, 2008
wow garrity gets more minutes than redick, now how dumb is that, glad they won hard to see that a philly half as s ed team kept up with the magic until the end.
rico4ever

Taylors, SC

#10 Feb 1, 2008
The Magic would find every possible way to lose games against sub .500 teams with Brian Hill last year. Now, the Magic are one of only four teams in the Association with 30-Ws under their belts, are playing 12 games over .500, yet there are people out there who hate Stan Van Gundy because he keeps Reddick the bench warmer glued to the bench. Reddick must be doing something wrong in practice or in the lockerroom that's keeping him in the doghouse.
rico4ever

Taylors, SC

#11 Feb 1, 2008
Search4Knowledge wrote:
Until this team finds a focus, they will end up with a decent regular season record and then get bounced in the first round of the playoffs. If they think they will just be able to flip a switch in April, they're fooling themselves. Their main advantage right now is that a lot of other teams in the Eastern Conference suck.
Your reasoning sucks too. The Magic are one of four teams with 30-Ws in the NBA. Three of the teams with 30-Ws are in the Eastern Conference, which means the Magic would also be among the top teams in the Western Conference if they played in that bracket.
MillerTime

AOL

#12 Feb 1, 2008
Didnt waste my time watching the game but saw some highlights. I will go with the VanGundy sucks crowd. Actually both VanGundys suck lol. No wonder they both got fired although I dont like the way Riley fired SVG he did the right thing. And O My G how bad is Jeff as an analyst UGH. Heres a tidbit, Jeff couldnt make the Yale basketball team. LOL. Plus i'll never forget Alonzo dragging Jeff around on his leg, Loved that.
Oh well I had a good MillerTime tonight so i'll get on to bed.
A win is a Win.
Lets have a MILLER!
noname

United States

#13 Feb 1, 2008
I don't understand, the titular reads "Hedo leads Magics again", then,Where is Hedo's picture? why there is a Jameer picture?

You did it again mr. Schmitz...
nanningbob

Adelaide, Australia

#14 Feb 1, 2008
Luke wrote:
I'm still holding onto my prediction: The Magic will lose the southeast division lead to the Wizards before the All Star break.
Remember you heard it first here.

Hey, great call Luke. Wizards have lost 4 out of 6 and the Magic have won 7 of 9. Yep you heard here first.:)
nanningbob

Adelaide, Australia

#15 Feb 1, 2008
Search4Knowledge wrote:
Well, the anti-Magic crowd have nowhere to go now with their negative predictions but the playoffs. With almost nothing but home games from now to the end of March the Magic will put together several winning streaks together. It is too bad we will have to put up with the garbage until they are proven wrong once again at playoff time. The Magic will be in great position to advance to the second round and if they get Boston instead of Detroit they have a chance to go on. If Cleveland can beat Detroit again this year,......... well, I know thats dreaming, but to you anti Magic people they do have a chance. 2nd round yes, 3rd round, if things bounce their, finals, hmmmmmmmm if they really have things bounce their way. This is the year they gain valuable playoff experience, add one or two pieces this summer, get Battie back and they will be one of the best in the East.
nanningbob

Adelaide, Australia

#16 Feb 1, 2008
In case you havent noticed, Search4Knowledge, the Magic have already gone out West and bounced many of those teams on their home court. So it doesnt matter if its a Western team or an Eastern team. The Magic have beaten them.
magicgurl

Orlando, FL

#17 Feb 1, 2008
Hedo definitely deserved to be in the all star game. If he keeps playing like he is right now, he will be for sure.

When you have a team in transition like the Magic are right now, nothing is always going to go as planned. You have to try different things, and find what works and what doesn't. This team is doing incredibly well this year, especially with a new coach. Things will get better, with time. It won't happen overnight.

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!
Bring Back Bo

Orlando, FL

#18 Feb 1, 2008
Mr Bandwagoneer wrote:
is van gundy ever happy? he is always yelling and turning around disgusted...i mean, there are mistakes in every game ,misses ,turnovers , fouls....if he wants a perfect game he should be the point guard and let somebody evaluate his job with a microscope and throw a tantrum every time he doesn't play with perfection.
What is he supposed to give them lollipops every time they make a basket? That is why he is a good coach and you are a loser making stupid comments on a board.
Bring Back Bo

Orlando, FL

#19 Feb 1, 2008
That was a gutty game where little defense was played but we got away with a victory. Road games are never easy and you cant be too disappointed with a win.
Jim

United States

#20 Feb 1, 2008
I called this win way back in November. That makes me 88 percent accurate this year in my predictions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Orleans Hornets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder: ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Thunder Up 1
A.I. would be nice, but 76ers need to focus on 'D' (Dec '09) Dec '09 Sandi LoScalzo 1
76ers: 76ers seek top guard in NBA draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 just a thought 1
Sixers' Jason Smith tears ACL in left knee (Aug '08) Aug '08 Randy Bobby 1
Keyon Dooling out the door as Magic welcome Mic... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Deezworld 45
Happy camper: Cook knows event's value (May '08) May '08 Realist 3
Pistons Push Sixers To Brink Of Elimination (Apr '08) Apr '08 LIVE 2

Jason Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE