Did the Pistons blow the NBA draft?

There are 7 comments on the Detroit Pistons Full-Court Press - MLive.com story from Jun 28, 2008, titled Did the Pistons blow the NBA draft?. In it, Detroit Pistons Full-Court Press - MLive.com reports that:

That's a question a lot of Piston fans are asking themselves this morning. Michael Rosenberg of the Detroit Free Press writes that assuming that Joe Dumars blew the NBA draft Thursday night may be a mistake.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Pistons Full-Court Press - MLive.com.

drell

Washington, DC

#1 Jun 30, 2008
as good of an excutive as joe d is he dont need to handle the draft he sucks at picking players he is better at making deals for established player all you have to do is look back when we could have gotten D. Wade, C Bosh, C Anthony and a host of other all stars from that draft who did he pick Darko WOW
Bones

Birmingham, AL

#2 Jul 9, 2008
Drell give joe a break, he has really gotten detroit a gem. this kid is going to be a star in the NBA just wait and see. walter is 6.9 and can dribble like a point guard show the three and all he needs to develop more of a low post game but I am sure they will work on that but he has an up side that is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!
Bones

Birmingham, AL

#3 Jul 9, 2008
shoot the three!!!!!!!
dirtywhiteboy

Lapeer, MI

#4 Jul 10, 2008
I don't think Joe blew the draft at all. The Pistons are stacked and could afford to take a high risk/reward gamble which is exactly what Sharpe is. If they can get his medical condition under control he could really have the potential to be a steal.

Plaisted could turn into a pretty solid player as well. He is a young guy who could be a good traditional low post player, something that the Pistons need.
Jeebs

Clayton, MI

#5 Jul 11, 2008
of course not. they got DJ White. great pick.
Mke

United States

#6 Jul 12, 2008
Give me a break. I am sick and tired of people knocking Joe D. for Darko and White. Darko was virtually the unanimous choice for 2nd pick by every general manager in the league. Joe was not the only one who misjudged him. As for White, Jerry West called him the most talented player in the draft. And remember, he turned Darko into Stuckey. He should get some compensatory points for that. As for Sharpe, he is pure potential. If it pans out, Joe is a genius. If it doesn't, it is just a 2nd round pick with no guarenteed money.
daniel

London, UK

#7 Jul 15, 2008
thats the truth. Joe made the same mistake that pretty much any GM with th second pick woulda made so give it a rest. And i have watched sharpe play and i see a lot of potential. he was overlooked becasue of what was thought to be an attitude problem. he misse a ton of time and got kicked out of school nd missed the bus to a game. in the past it was just said to be his immaturity. But now with new medical data we know that he has narcalepsy and that since taken medication he has been completley fine. i beleive we are about to see a huge steal out of joe so give it a chance

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Maxiell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News About Last Night: Envisioning which current Det... (Apr '10) Apr '10 crazywhiteboy 2
News Cleveland Cavaliers (52-15) at Detroit Pistons ... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Concerned Clevela... 16
News Celtics coast to 119-93 victory over Pistons (Mar '10) Mar '10 Grogan 8
News NBA Trade Deadline Looming: Three Deals The Pis... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Michigan Mike 1
News Pistons beat Celtics 92-86 in Wallace's return (Jan '10) Jan '10 Old Navy 1
News Report: Pistons turned down Davis-for-Maxiell t... (Jul '09) Jul '09 dirtywhiteboy 2
News Magic fall to slumping Pistons (Feb '09) Mar '09 Gary 223
More from around the web