Timberwolves win third straight as late run topples Mavericks

Full story: TwinCities.com 6
Kurt Rambis had seen his young Timberwolves unravel many times late in tight games. Full Story
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#1 Feb 6, 2010
the wolves have started to "get it". Hollins has added a presence to the interior of the defense, altering shots. Love is getting a little bit more time to operate against other teams backup PF's and C's. Flynn's progress is erratic, but he is gradually making better and better decisions with the ball.

I owe Corey Brewer an apology. I have made fun over his inability to shoot quite often over the past three years. It seems that Kurt, and staff, has refined Brewer's shot and, while not yet "money", it is no longer substandard. Sorry dude, I was wrong about you.

Hopefully the wolves can keep this spark and they don't start to hang their heads when they inevitably play some tougher teams and hit a losing stretch. This draft position stuff is overrated anyway, as once you get past Wall there is not a huge difference between players that will go between 2 and 10.

While this streak is only 3 games long, I think this helps to show the naysayers that Kahn and Kurt have a plan, and it is starting to come together.

Since: Sep 08

Lakeville, MN

#2 Feb 6, 2010
what a dynasty they have created.
TC Florida

Daytona Beach, FL

#3 Feb 6, 2010
A game like this gives the team hope that the future can be brighter than the present reality. KLove is fabulous!
Wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#4 Feb 6, 2010
Finally able to watch them win a game, rather than just listen to it. The Wolves radio announcer is better than having to listen to Jim Peterson pontificate, but there is no substitute for being able to see the game.

That said, WOW!!! We beat the Mavs! I was pretty sure we were going to get our heads handed to us, what with Novitski and Howard playing. But - we are starting to see some of our shooters coming out of their shell and producing. Flynn, Brewer, Gomes, and Ellington all hit threes last night! Even Big Al hit a few from more than five feet from the basket. Brewer si still my favorite to watch! What a joy to watch his threes swish through the net, hardly causing a ripple.

I got pretty worried when D. made their run late in the 4th, but this time our guys said, "No way! This one is ours." and took it away from them - rather emphatically.

As Corey said at the end of his interview, "Go Wolves!
news flash

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Feb 6, 2010
Time to jump on this bandwagon!!!! We are going to the NBA Finals!!!!! Rambo for coach of the year!!! geez.....
t puppies biggest fan

Anoka, MN

#6 Feb 6, 2010
3 straight, break up the t=wolves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Kidd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA hot seat: Jason Kidd, Mike Woodson, more fa... (Nov '13) Jan '14 Sammy 3
Lichtenstein: Can Kidd Bring Culture Of Sharing... (Oct '13) Oct '13 fonemi 1
Early Predictions for NY Knicks' Starting 5 Nex... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jammer Man 2
Most Intriguing Free Agents for NY Knicks to Si... (Jun '13) Jun '13 capster 1
The Knicks' Season Ends in Indiana (May '13) May '13 Polomichel6333 1
Brooklyn Nets Offseason Tracker: Latest Trade R... (Jun '12) Apr '13 World Champion 5
New York Knicks Making LeBron James Plans: Quen... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Heat Fan 2

Jason Kidd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE