Amaechi: Wrath never came

Amaechi: Wrath never came

There are 5 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from May 6, 2007, titled Amaechi: Wrath never came. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Gay ex-player says he's surprised at reaction to his coming out in February Star news services When John Amaechi told the world he was gay, he steeled himself for a torrent of negativity that never really ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Freebird

Strasburg, CO

#1 May 6, 2007
Amaechi's comment that he was waiting for the wrath of "a nation under God" sounds like a thinly-veiled swipe to me. It just proves what most of us have known, homosexuals are far more intolerant and hate-filled than those they accuse.

JBF

Since: Mar 07

Medford, NJ

#2 May 6, 2007
Freebird wrote:
Amaechi's comment ... just proves what most of us have known, homosexuals are far more intolerant and hate-filled than those they accuse.

Post #1
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/indianapoli...

------
Amaechi hate filled?

Amaechi sounds very TOLERANT too me.

Perhaps you should reread the article. Here's what John Amaechi said:

"And in fact, 95 percent of the correspondence I've had have been overwhelmingly supportive and positive," Amaechi said. "But I will say that the 5 percent that I've had have been unbelievably, viscerally, frighteningly negative."

JBF

Since: Mar 07

Medford, NJ

#3 May 6, 2007
Freebird wrote:
Homosexuals are ... intolerant and hate-filled.

Post #1
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/indianapoli...

------
Here's nice antidote to your religious hatred:

Religion-base bigotry -- Let's end now and forever
http://www.faithinamerica.info/
(Video - about 2 minutes)
Duckie

United States

#4 May 6, 2007
I hope Amechi finds Jesus before its too late.
Hoosier JD

AOL

#5 May 6, 2007
Questions...why did he have to "come out"....wasn't he finding enough partners .... or was he not the center of attention anymore....what...why do gays/lesbians feel the need to adverise their sexuality? Can't they just keep it quiet like everyone else?
I guess I just don't understand the need for all the attention...find a partner and go about life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Kidd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA hot seat: Jason Kidd, Mike Woodson, more fa... (Nov '13) Jan '14 Sammy 3
News Lichtenstein: Can Kidd Bring Culture Of Sharing... (Oct '13) Oct '13 fonemi 1
News Early Predictions for NY Knicks' Starting 5 Nex... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jammer Man 2
News Most Intriguing Free Agents for NY Knicks to Si... (Jun '13) Jun '13 capster 1
News The Knicks' Season Ends in Indiana (May '13) May '13 Polomichel6333 1
News Brooklyn Nets Offseason Tracker: Latest Trade R... (Jun '12) Apr '13 World Champion 5
News New York Knicks Making LeBron James Plans: Quen... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Heat Fan 2
More from around the web