Hornets' Scott is proving to be super coach

Full story: Newsday

He has never talked publicly about settling any scores, but it's hard to ignore how New Orleans coach Byron Scott is quietly crossing some names off the list.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Jay

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2008

Kidd is the type of PG a nimrod like Mark Cuban deserves... overrated and overpriced.
The Spurs are a great team but they have been completely overwhelmed by the Hornets. Scott, Paul, West, Chandler and the rest have their number. Only the Lakers can stop them and I don't think that's a guarantee. I'm rooting for the Hornets to take it all.
sammy

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2008

Phil Jackson wrote:
All Byron does is give the ball to a future hall of famer everytime and see how it plays out. BELIEVE ME Jay, even you or I could do that.
ok dim wit..lets see you do it.c'mon right now..
Name changing again?. like I said stick to Big Dummy.it suits you.
xusllabb

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Einstein wrote:
<quoted text>That was brilliant! If you are so smart, why are you still in Canada?
ROTFLMAO!! mwahaha
paul_kidd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

you cannot take anything away from kidd although it is already showing that he's not the same player he use to be because of age. furthermore, Mavs owner mark cuban should think ahead because as far as i know kidd can opt out of his contract for next season... paul is a master in playing mental games with opposing teams players, if they get caught with their own emotions they're doomed! funny how a "kidd" of an NBA player can do that to a dirk,kidd,bowen...
Antonio Fonseca

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

I liked the story so much. As Leslie Brown says, "The best revenge is massive success." Most likely Jason Kidd had something to do with Avery Johnson leaving like he had problem with everyone who has coached him. One thing that Kidd may not know is that you don'd need to know everything or every play to be a great coach or leader. On the other hand you need to be a great leader to bring success to an organization. As John Maxwell states, "Personal and organizational effectiveness is proportionate to the strength of leadership." Byron Soctt is a great leader who has used his leadership to bring to organizations to the top and Jason Kid is an excellent player, but a terrible leader who has brought chaos to every organization he has been.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jason Kidd Discussions

Search the Jason Kidd Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NBA hot seat: Jason Kidd, Mike Woodson, more fa... (Nov '13) Jan '14 Sammy 3
Lichtenstein: Can Kidd Bring Culture Of Sharing... (Oct '13) Oct '13 fonemi 1
Early Predictions for NY Knicks' Starting 5 Nex... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jammer Man 2
Most Intriguing Free Agents for NY Knicks to Si... (Jun '13) Jun '13 capster 1
The Knicks' Season Ends in Indiana (May '13) May '13 Polomichel6333 1
Brooklyn Nets Offseason Tracker: Latest Trade R... (Jun '12) Apr '13 World Champion 5
New York Knicks Making LeBron James Plans: Quen... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Heat Fan 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••