Awesome player ... but he 'aint getti...

Awesome player ... but he 'aint getting the truth!

Posted in the Jason Kidd Forum

Mike Wofsey

Tuscaloosa, AL

#1 Jan 16, 2007
First off, Kidd is one of my favorite players. I saw him play against the Knicks some time ago, and while players from both teams were pretty much sleepwalking through the game, Kidd was alive ... he made the game matter. He put his body on the line every time he came near that ball.

BUT, here's the problem ... Kidd is a superstar and everyone knows it, most especially his wife. There is a certain type of woman in this world that is not properly wired to handle high emotions, and I suspect Joumana is one of these women. She loves him beyond words, and her emotions make her go crazy when she feels that she is losing him. All of the chaos that comes from Kidd's wife, is an expression of her passion.

Sure, dodging knives, getting punched in the face, and all of the things that go with being married to such a woman are no fun. I understand this. But perhaps Kidd is married to Joumana because he is one of the few men that can handle her, and vica-versa.

But the truth is what neither one of them are getting. Why? Because Joumana is BEAUTIFUL, and a lot of her guy friends WANT her to get divorced so they can have a chance at banging her. And Jason is a superstar and a gentleman, and a lot of women associates in his life WANT him to get a divorce so they can have a chance at marrying him.

All of these people in their lives aren't encouraging them the right way to keep their marriage together. They are trying to force them into a conventional marriage, which will probably never work for those two. Sure, in time, Joumana will mellow, and in time, if she could be confident that she won't lose her husband and her babies' daddy then she will relax and stop freaking out so much, which will help Jason play better and be a better daddy.

But they will never have a 'conventional' marriage. There will always be stress and a bit of chaos and all of the things that go along with people who feel passion deeply. The French call this 'la creme d'passion,' or the creme of passion.

Jason and Joumana belong together. As hard as it may be for them to get along, they do seem to love each other deeply, because two people cannot produce such beautiful children as they have without everlasting love.

Jason will never find a woman that is as beautiful to him as is his bride, and Joumana will never find a man that will excite her so deeply as Jason.

And this is the truth that the people around them won't tell them ... fire can never be water. It is fire, and fire burns. But without fire, the whole world would be dark.

I love you both, please stay together and show your children that you love them so much that even a team of horses can't break up your family.
nets fan

AOL

#2 Feb 7, 2007
I am pulling for them to stay together, too! I think with better commmunication, they can work through this and realize that even in the NBA lifestyle, there is nothing more important than family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Kidd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA hot seat: Jason Kidd, Mike Woodson, more fa... (Nov '13) Jan '14 Sammy 3
News Lichtenstein: Can Kidd Bring Culture Of Sharing... (Oct '13) Oct '13 fonemi 1
News Early Predictions for NY Knicks' Starting 5 Nex... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jammer Man 2
News Most Intriguing Free Agents for NY Knicks to Si... (Jun '13) Jun '13 capster 1
News The Knicks' Season Ends in Indiana (May '13) May '13 Polomichel6333 1
News Brooklyn Nets Offseason Tracker: Latest Trade R... (Jun '12) Apr '13 World Champion 5
News New York Knicks Making LeBron James Plans: Quen... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Heat Fan 2
More from around the web