HYDE: Minus Wade, Heat still has Cavs...

HYDE: Minus Wade, Heat still has Cavs' number

There are 11 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 25, 2007, titled HYDE: Minus Wade, Heat still has Cavs' number. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

MIAMI Everyone knows Pat Riley's small-picture foibles: His abrupt goings, his timely returns and his at-times uncomfortable dealings with those around him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

ron realto

United States

#1 Feb 26, 2007
give it to eddie jones and watch him win another one.
dmt

Korea

#2 Feb 26, 2007
It was only one game -- the Heat didn't make the playoff yet.

Also, James, while in his fourth year, is still quite young. In the old days, he'd still be in college. In 3 to 5 years, expect even more than we've seen from him so far.

But I agree with the basic point that Riley assembles a team to win. If James had been drafted by the Heat, he would be in a better situation (though would the Heat be in a better position with Lebron instead of Wade?-- I say, "No").

Anyway, at this point I definitely don't buy that we're a lock to make the playoffs. We won one game. If we can get a few games above .500, then I'll believe.
lasarte

Madison, CT

#3 Feb 26, 2007
James does not have that 'killer instinct' that Wade & Kobe has. He contributes but he doesn't take over games. That speaks volumes of his team's struggles.

Let's face it, had it been the Heat down by less than a half dozen - wouldn't Wade be driving to the basket and getting to the foul line?

At this point James is more in the mold of a young T-Mac than MJ.

The Cav's have quality role players in Varejo and Gooden, but little else. Why didn't they go all out for Webber or Rose? Or even Anthony Johnson?

The Heat played well and Kapono proved me wrong - I had him pegged as a player who lacked the mental muscle to overcome a bad shooting night. He did a great job in the 4th and earned his spot on the team last night.

If Walker would stop with the three's and stay mid-close range he'd be back to form.
Anthony

Washington, DC

#4 Feb 26, 2007
That was a great article. I don't read Hyde much but maybe I should. lol
will

Lake Charles, LA

#5 Feb 26, 2007
you are full of it man
What happens in Cleveland

Painesville, OH

#6 Feb 26, 2007
Everything you said about the Cavs in this article is true.
Which makes it kind of amusing that this "over-hyped mess" usually gives you a severe beating whenever you hit the Q.(103-79 loss on National TV ESPN, Feb. 9)
If they're that bad, then beat us at home one time, or beat us without rallying from behind.
Jared

Gainesville, FL

#7 Feb 26, 2007
James will become better as he adapts to being on his own. Remember, hes only been away from mommy for a few years, most players go through the college years and learn and mature as players. He is still adapting. However, I would still take d. wade over James, wade is just so humble, its rare in a player.
CavsFan

El Segundo, CA

#8 Feb 26, 2007
Well put, however you seem to forget that we don't have a draft pick this year. Surely you're wondering who did we get for the valuable comodity that is a 2007 1st rounder? The answer is Yuri Welsch, a player so pathetic that I don't even care to spell his name right, someone whom I'm not sure would even dominate D1 of my YMCA league... way to go guys.
TIM

Fredericksburg, VA

#9 Feb 26, 2007
Mike Brown HAS TO GO!!!!

You seem like an intelligent writer. So when is the media going to start demanding Mike Brown get the axe he soooooooo desperately deserves. I've never been one to blame the coach, unless it is so well deserved as in the cavs case. Not only is he of well below average intelligence, he has no emotion. A young team needs a leader, that's what he's paid for, not excuses.

It is my right as a 42 year old Clevelander who has NEVER seen a championship in this city, in any sport. The simple fact of the matter is that despite the overpriced and foolish acquisition of Larry “Man of glass” Hughes, and Damon “Greatest shooter in the world” Jones, of course he came in 5th in a field of 6 at the 3 point shoot out. The Cavs still have more talent and untapped potential than any other team in the East. I have loved Detroit these past few years because they play above their potential, the cavs are playing 30 – 40% below their potential, that is more than enough reason to can Brown.

Mike Brown has all the real tools and talent to not only get to the championship, but could have won it this year. Gibson and Pavlovic could have had 20 times the playing time they do if our coach wasn’t an idiot. This blind coach of ours is surprised when these two suddenly contribute. As for Verajow, love his hustle, but he can have 30 rebounds per game and if he can only sink 2 for 10 shots it’s not enough.

This couch will never have enough passion to win a championship. In my considerably knowledgeable opinion the Cavs should be 40 – 19 at this point, had they been coached by someone with half a brain. Cleveland deserves better, I deserve better, Lebron deserves better. The only one associated with the cavs that deserves less (like an unemployment check) is Coach Brown.

Signed,
One disgusted fan!!!
305JOS

Hollywood, FL

#10 Feb 26, 2007
what stays in cleveland we could beat the cr@p out of you anywhere whether its at the Q or in miami we just dont give a $hit about the regular season because it doesnt really matter as long as we make it to the playoffs
P.S. CAVS $UCK GO HEAT
Chris

Satellite Provider

#11 Feb 27, 2007
Whoa....Mr Hyde. Please...I love D-Wade, but i resent and rebuke the statement you made concerning Lebron.

"...James would benefit from Wade's shoulder injury"???? What the...???(Knock on wood) Look, it is a terrible thing to experience an injury. Especially one of the sort that Dwayne is going through. And Lebron is a man, standing firm in his beliefs and being true to his calling in his chosen profession. What the Cavs' management chooses to do, or not do, shouldn't negate the effort he puts out there every night. I feel that we should ALL respect him for that.
Not go wishing the same dire circumstances upon a worthy young man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Kapono Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jones' defense HUGE vs. Spurs' Parker down stretch (Feb '07) Apr '13 Ginobili 4
News Lakers Reportedly to Sign Free Agent Three-Poin... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Sammy 2
News Miami Heat's Daequan Cook makes All-Star 3-poin... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 8
News Heat's Daequan Cook comfortable changing shot f... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Marquis 1
News Daequan Cook ends Jason Kaponoa s reign in thre... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 2
News Magic march to next round (Apr '08) Apr '08 Richard TO 6
News Are Raptors D.O.A.? (Apr '08) Apr '08 Richard TO 35
More from around the web