All-Star pedigrees abound, despite Wade loss

Miami The Heat doesn't have its leading scorer, best playmaker, foremost creator, and fourth-quarter closer. Read more
Bishop

Antipolo, Philippines

#1 Feb 24, 2007
That's reality and yo have to make adjustments, you are all pros and being paid enormously, time to show and prove what your made of. There is no tomorrow!
heatfan

Colts Neck, NJ

#2 Feb 24, 2007
It is definetly tough for the heat. instead of going to the playoffs if so to lose in the first round , better not going. Hope the best for wade and to me he should take the surgery to come strong next year. Heat should start rebuilding. I like Shaq , he could still put solid numbers, but it won`t be enough. And even if wade comes back, he won`t be 100%. Start rebuilding for the future. I hate to say it but heat season over.
Tim

Irving, TX

#3 Feb 25, 2007
I am a Shaq fan but I am a Heat fan first. I am surprised why we (including me) don't talk much about the fact that Shaq will be on the books for the next 3 years at $20 million per year. Shaq USED TO BE great but he is pretty mediocre now. He is a drag for the Heat not only this year but for the foreseeable future also. Lamar Odom and Caron Butler seem much better than Shaq at this point in time (though I hate to say it.)
lasarte

Madison, CT

#4 Feb 25, 2007
Shaq has been shaking off the dust - he was explosive these past two games and as dominant as he's ever been with the Heat. I think the slumbering giant has awaken..
That being said, Walker needs to recapture who he was. Walker has been an offensive force everywhere but here and I think what had put his skills on deep freeze was his use as 6th man or 4th scoring option.

I know doctorb and the rest who typically post here would call this crazy but I think Walker ought start alongside Shaq. Give him plenty of minutes and plenty of looks. Work him back into the game. If Walker can return to being a 17-20ppg player, the Heat have a shot. Face it, outside of Shaq he's the only other player (who's not aged) who has been a consistent threat.

That means putting Haslem on the bench, but his rebounding can be made up by inserting Posey or Wright in the lineup.
Hyperdude

United States

#5 Feb 25, 2007
KEEP:( DREAMIN!
IF only they were 6 years younger.
THEY HAVE NO CHANCE!
and if they somehow made it to the playoffs,big deal,what's that supposed to prove? It proves nothing,ok?
They go from world champs to squeaking in the playoffs only to get embarrased.
another heatfan

Miami, FL

#6 Feb 25, 2007
Wade wont be a huge factor here, with him we were still .500, without him we can do the same. You floor the best guys you have, we still have good players, the TEAM will still win games. We have as good a chance as anybody if they just play solid D and work for hi percentage open shots. No single payer makes the championship. Ask Kobe, James, Iverson, the entire Pistons team. No I in Team baby.
Tee

AOL

#7 Feb 25, 2007
Wade should have the operation and begin preparing for next year. This team is done and there is no need to think otherwise. Let's face it we are asking an old shaq, an old peyton, a shaky williams, and a has been walker to somehow find magic and deliver a miracle. Come on!
hamza

Miami, FL

#8 Feb 25, 2007
pepole blog to much man we will make it to the playoffs everybody has said it but we need to step up
LatinChamp

Hollywood, FL

#9 Feb 25, 2007
Heat with WADE AND SHAQ= NBA CHAMPS
Heat with WADE NO SHAQ= a merely .500 team
Heat with SHAQ NO WADE= a merely .500 team
Heat with WADE, ODOM, BUTLER, N EDDIE JONES=1st Round playoffs loss

Get real, without SHAQ the Heat are not the best team in the East, even with D-Wade, the best player in the East (maybe the NBA). Stop the nonsense about CARON BUTLER and LAMAR ODOM. The Heat needs SHAQ and WADE in order to repeat, even if SHAQ is not as great as before. As long as we get in the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed and with D-Wade comin back maybe in the postseason, then the Heat will be a team to reckon with again, the Heat just needs Shaq and iits veteran player to step up until Wade comes back full strenght.
ira-sucks

Quincy, MA

#10 Feb 25, 2007
LMAO The Nets coach has more brains then you Ira.lol
ira-sucks

Quincy, MA

#11 Mar 8, 2007
The Heat have better passers then wade.
They have 4th quarter closers and creators they just NEVER got the chance to do any of that with him having the ball 99% of the time.

Why don't you shut up and praise the team that is because everyone is showing what good players they are now that the ball hog is on the bench.

Shaq is the real MVP of this team and he plays well with others. Something Wade doesn't do and never has done despite leading the team in assists.
ira-sucks

Quincy, MA

#12 Mar 8, 2007
HEAT with Shaq and OVER 500 team.

heat without Wade 5 games under 500.

LATIN FANS AN IDIOT.

Shaq is the real reason Wade gets so many open shots because having Shaq on the floor opens the floor up for Wade.

The name of the team is MIAMI Heat not Wade has the ball 100% of the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Kapono Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jones' defense HUGE vs. Spurs' Parker down stretch (Feb '07) Apr '13 Ginobili 4
News Lakers Reportedly to Sign Free Agent Three-Poin... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Sammy 2
News Miami Heat's Daequan Cook makes All-Star 3-poin... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 8
News Heat's Daequan Cook comfortable changing shot f... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Marquis 1
News Daequan Cook ends Jason Kaponoa s reign in thre... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 2
News Magic march to next round (Apr '08) Apr '08 Richard TO 6
News Are Raptors D.O.A.? (Apr '08) Apr '08 Richard TO 35
More from around the web