Riley uncertain of his fate, or those of Posey, Kapono, Eddie J...

While Pat Riley on Friday declined to commit to coaching the Heat next season, in his role as team president he said he expects Alonzo Mourning to return, anticipates losing either Jason Kapono or James Posey ... Full Story
Communism is My Life

United States

#1 Jun 29, 2007
Riles just needs to leave the team completely-his veteran fixation will doom the Heat in perpetuity. The deal for O'Neal is becoming more clear by day as one with the devil, selling the soul of the team for a decade in return for one more title. The cost will be Wade departing when his contract is up, as by then the team will be so awful he will grow weary of the strain carrying them, and Riley if he's still around. The only hope is to con Minnesota into accepting O'Neal's bloated contract for Garnett, an unlikely proposition unless McHale is as senile as he seems. Riley's legacy will be one of selfishness having its usual effect, harm to others while the offender walks away. That's what capitalism is,exploitation of human weakness for profit.
Steve Blake

AOL

#2 Jun 29, 2007
Don't forget me I still want the job. Call my agent. Ira tell them ...you want me too. I don't cost that much, and I could do the job.
ccheat

Merrick, NY

#3 Jun 29, 2007
interesting stuff.

The Heat tried and someone else posted that this Ohio state guy they got was going to be a lottery pick next year if he stayed in school this year. So, maybe he is golden. The poster mentioned he carried the team when their center was out. The fact that press reports point to his scoring in the final as a drawback is kinda funny. If Riley and Pfund both were sold on him via a monday workout and Shaq talked to him at the airport - that means Shaw knew too that he was the target.

Hoopshype is reporting that the Heat are going after the Seattle star (maybe they got that from IRA). You know the Heat are doing something when they are getting compensation back. They get compensation from Orlando in cash if they dont switch first rounders. They get money from philly and they get money from Indy. That means they are going after someone big this year or next year in the free agent market.
ram

Atlanta, GA

#4 Jun 29, 2007
Mourning will be back...
Doing what??
mca3

United States

#5 Jun 29, 2007
the heat need to trade ira for somebody who gives us real info .not this no info info...........
lasarte

Cambridge, MA

#6 Jun 29, 2007
They should have drafted Glen Davis and put him on Shaq's tv show..
Rob on the Rocks

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Jun 29, 2007
Com on peeps have a little faith, this is the HEAT. The HEAT that won the 06 finals against very competitive teams in 06. Jersey, Bulls, Detriot, and Dallas. All I have to say is watch out who Riley picks up this offseason. Remember that the trade for Shaq was in the DL. Almost no one knew about it. Not like this Garnett trade going to different teams that the whole world knows by now, and now I just heard that KG will stay in Minnesota LOL. For god sake guys the New Yorkers didn't call him " Pat the Rat " for nothing. He makes miricles happen. GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!
nnn

Pompano Beach, FL

#8 Jun 29, 2007
What the heat needs to do is to go after Kevin Garnett
jimbo

United States

#9 Jun 29, 2007
ram wrote:
Mourning will be back...
Doing what??
BLOCKING SHOTS AND PLAYING SOME FEROCIOUS DEFENSE LIKE ALWAYS LOSER
Seminoleviking

Maple Heights, OH

#10 Jun 29, 2007
Riley has done nothing but win since he has been with the Heat. He has made this franchise a winner! I am sure he will be looking to find some additional help where available.
Jimbo-you are so right about Mourning, Ram just doesn't know basketball.
peter

Miami, FL

#11 Jun 29, 2007
Communism is My Life wrote:
Riles just needs to leave the team completely-his veteran fixation will doom the Heat in perpetuity. The deal for O'Neal is becoming more clear by day as one with the devil, selling the soul of the team for a decade in return for one more title. The cost will be Wade departing when his contract is up, as by then the team will be so awful he will grow weary of the strain carrying them, and Riley if he's still around. The only hope is to con Minnesota into accepting O'Neal's bloated contract for Garnett, an unlikely proposition unless McHale is as senile as he seems. Riley's legacy will be one of selfishness having its usual effect, harm to others while the offender walks away. That's what capitalism is,exploitation of human weakness for profit.
Go to F-ing HELL you pinko ignorant a-hole. Did you have your head up your a-hole last year and know that Shaq and Dwayne missed "73' games! They played in only "8" regular season games together.And if you don't like capitalism you can always move to Cuba and live your happy life there. Have fun. You'll be back in 2 weeks.
Rodney King

United States

#12 Jun 29, 2007
jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
BLOCKING SHOTS AND PLAYING SOME FEROCIOUS DEFENSE LIKE ALWAYS LOSER
Why cant we get along? Who U calling loser? U need to chill with some weed from Ricky Williams
David McKibben

United States

#13 Jun 29, 2007
We will need a new starting center in a couple of years. What are we doing going for Earl Barron?
Daequan Cook better be fantastic in the real, because on paper he sucks.
Marc

Pueblo, CO

#14 Jun 29, 2007
I think we all know Riley well enoough by now to realize that by the way he's speaking, he will quit within 1-2 weeks of the start of the season and name Spoelstra head coach. Also the guy is so smug that you can bet your bottom dollar that he is reading every article written about him and is probably even so egotistical that he's reading this comment section.
South Florida Guy

Windermere, FL

#15 Jun 29, 2007
Communism Is My Life needs a boyfriend or girlfriend
Florida GayTurd

United States

#17 Jun 29, 2007
Oh, that sounds tremendously reassuring!. I am running down there right now and buying Heat season tickets for the whole family and all of my godfathers and uncles too! What a fantastic situation. Riley went out to LA, got himself this big bad building size center so that he could just sit around most of the time and say, oh, well, maybe I am in, or not, if they are playing bad, I get an interim coach, if they start playing well then I am back in and send Van Gundy to his family. WHAT A GUY!
Pat Riley

Boca Raton, FL

#18 Jun 29, 2007
Marc wrote:
I think we all know Riley well enoough by now to realize that by the way he's speaking, he will quit within 1-2 weeks of the start of the season and name Spoelstra head coach. Also the guy is so smug that you can bet your bottom dollar that he is reading every article written about him and is probably even so egotistical that he's reading this comment section.
I don't appreciate what you just wrote. Please take it back. Thanks.
Jose

United States

#19 Jun 29, 2007
What obout tippy toe Walker? Back or not?
Mr English

Portland, OR

#20 Jul 1, 2007
> at it's No. 20 pick

it's = it is

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Kapono Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jones' defense HUGE vs. Spurs' Parker down stretch (Feb '07) Apr '13 Ginobili 4
Lakers Reportedly to Sign Free Agent Three-Poin... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Sammy 2
Miami Heat's Daequan Cook makes All-Star 3-poin... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 8
Heat's Daequan Cook comfortable changing shot f... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Marquis 1
Daequan Cook ends Jason Kaponoa s reign in thre... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 2
Magic march to next round (Apr '08) Apr '08 Richard TO 6
Are Raptors D.O.A.? (Apr '08) Apr '08 Richard TO 35
More from around the web