Timberwolves' losing streak hits 13 as Toronto Raptors finish s...

Full story: TwinCities.com

The Toronto Raptors, battling for an Eastern Conference playoff spot, made the clutch plays when needed late in the fourth quarter to earn a 106-100 victory over the Timberwolves on Monday night at Target Center, extending the Wolves' losing streak to 13 games.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
The Hard Truth

Bemidji, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Jeez, is Jonny Flynn a weak point guard. It comes down to one thing: he only sees things after they develop, when the opportunity is beginning to close. A superior point guard sees things as they are beginning to develop and uses the split-second to make something happen. I don't know if this is something that can be learned -- I doubt it. But I'll tell you who sees things as they are beginning to develop: Ricky Rubio.
Huge Jazz

Chicoutimi, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome your Minnesota Clippers!!!!!!!!
fracas

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

I am not sure why Bosh would come to Minnesota. He will get offers, probably Max, from several teams. I would think that he would prefer the warm weather of Miami, plus be able to play with Wade. Also, the Knicks or Nets would seem a reasonable place.

The Wolves are going to be the LAST option for any of these free agents for several reasons, a lousy team going through rebuilding, a coach still trying to figure it out, awful weather, and a punitive state income tax. The Wolves could still get a second level free agent once the desirable teams have all signed their primary targets.

I watched Rubio play a Euro game about two weeks ago. The kid plays feisty defense and hustles to get in position. He gets knocked down to the floor a lot, for his efforts, but he gets back up and gets right in their grill again. On offense, he is a superlative at creating shots for his teammates, drawing the defense to him, and then flicking a pass to the open man. Rubio also plays well without the ball in his hands. His shot is a work in progress, but is better than Corey Brewer's shot pre-2010. If Brewer can improve, there is no reason why Rubio cannot as well. If the Wolves could pick up Turner or Wesley Johnson in this draft, assuming they pick 2 or 3, they could field a starting five (in the 2011-2012 season) of Rubio, Turner or Johnson, Brewer, Love, and Milicic that would be truely fun to watch as they all seem to "get it".
Twinsfan

Willmar, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

I sure hope Kahn and Rambis are learning what they want to learn about any current players they want to keep. Evan Turner, come on down!!
just another day

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

just another day in loserville.........
Gopher

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

I didn't know the Wolves were still in town.
ralph

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

theres no way in hell bosh even considers playing for the wolves lol get real
PleasetakeBosh

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

If you think your defense is bad, Bosh's interior defense will make it worse. he cannot stop anyone. He is a mediocre franchise star. I hope someone takes him before Toronto makes a wrong move in signing him. He is a very selfish player that does not make his team or teammates better. he is very much like Zach Randolph before his time with Memphis.

Bosh is softer than cottonelle. He even tried to sell a video to fans in Toronto about him getting a tattoo. What a loser.
DD Austin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Can't wait for the season to end!
Tony Rozycki

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

I've almost always enjoyed rooting for the underdog
& last century used to love to see "Clark Kent" burst into a game and energize the LA (former Mpls)Lakers & Jack Nicholson, but this is ridiculous.

Still believe the Timberwolves have three potentially decent "bigs" (as some of the announcers & former "bigs" euphemistically refer to one another):

Love, Darko & Jeff, if someone could get all three on the same page at the same time.

Once again the Wolves end the season trying to win just enough games to reduce their probability of getting the draft pick they deserve. There is a glob of gallows humor agaim.

Still suspect McHale, Peterson & even Lynch could contribute in some way at this late date. Wally Szczberiak never looked so good & Big Vern Mikkelsen's still alive too.
CamelTow

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

DD Austin wrote:
Can't wait for the season to end!
judging by their performance, neither can the players...or the fans for that matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••