Knicks sign Houston with no guarantees -

Knicks sign Houston with no guarantees -

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 11, 2007, titled Knicks sign Houston with no guarantees -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Allan Houston has been contemplating this for months and yesterday the Knicks finally made it official by signing him to a one-year contract that essentially welcomes him to training camp with no guarantees.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

I Hate Dolan-Isiah-Knic ks

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Oct 11, 2007
What a joke. Houston should offer to play for free after that $100 million dollar contract that has left the Knicks in salary cap purgatory. Hey Allan, step up and be a man and earn your pay. Maybe now we can get rid of that freak of nature, street baller, all about me Nate Robinson.
dbb

Albany, NY

#2 Oct 11, 2007
a make good contract makes sense. and if he can show Crawford what is a good and a bad shot it will be a plus.
tominmaine

Westbrook, ME

#3 Oct 11, 2007
Gee, Isiah, tone down that enthusiasm about Houston wanting to rejoin the team!

You'd think a coach would welcome a shooter of Houston's caliber, and a mature man with his leadership and moral standards, but then...
Knicks in 08

Edgewater, MD

#4 Oct 11, 2007
I know how the 3-guard rotation works, and it doesn't involve rotating 3 injury prone guards like Crawford, Richardson and HOUSTON on and off the injured reserve list! Old stars on the verge of retirement have failed to get the job done in the past for the Knicks and signing Houston won't bring home a championship. Remember Doc Rivers, Buck Williams, Rolando Blackman, Xavier McDaniel, Maurice Cheeks, Derek Harper, Terry Cummings, Vin Baker, Penny Hardaway and Tony Campbell? They were great in their prime, but the were awful as Knicks.
Busey

Melville, NY

#5 Oct 11, 2007
Long live Charlie Ward!!!

“Knicks in 08”

Since: Oct 07

Huntington, NY

#6 Oct 11, 2007
Busey wrote:
Long live Charlie Ward!!!
And, Larry Johnson!!!
venom

Albany, NY

#7 Oct 11, 2007
tominmaine wrote:
Gee, Isiah, tone down that enthusiasm about Houston wanting to rejoin the team!
You'd think a coach would welcome a shooter of Houston's caliber, and a mature man with his leadership and moral standards, but then...
Houston hasn't played in 2 years... I'd rather the Knicks be skepitical. They aren't good enough to hold a roster spot for 'leadership and moral standards'
evan

Sturgis, MI

#8 Oct 11, 2007
If Houston's knee is healthy, then watch out. He could average double-digits and really contribute. I wish him the best he deserves a good season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jared Jeffries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Knicks will not match Lin offer (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 6
News Why The New York Knicks Should Consider Bringin... (Jun '12) Jun '12 eddie rodriguez 1
News Knicks links: Steve Novak, Jeremy Lin still wai... (Jun '12) Jun '12 eddie rodriguez 1
News Stoudemire out indefinitely with back injury (Mar '12) Mar '12 Hoopster 3
News Knicks add Bibby, re-sign Jeffries (Dec '11) Dec '11 Alan 1
News Celtics take 2-0 lead over Knicks with 96-93 win (Apr '11) Apr '11 KILLASWAGGA803 1
News Tracy McGrady Acquired By Knicks (Feb '10) May '10 Drew Brown Bundini 4
More from around the web