Knicks top Pacers, stay close to playoff berth

Full story: Newsday

It's tough to ignore the stretch of home games coming up starting tomorrow for the Knicks , but they managed to do it last night in a game that could pay dividends come April.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
joey

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

great win but we are better then the pacers and should have one, we need 2 out of 3 with teams coming in, i think we can beat the lakers great news to see andrew bynum injured hopefuly he wont play and i think we can beat the cavilers. but i can be gready letes win all 3 why can't we we are playing at home and we are plaing some good basketball. and forget chris bosh or amere we got david lee, all we need is lebron
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

yo,im so happy for them,they gonna be in the playoffs,they stepped up their game,and their even winning on the road,its all because of them signing chris,and playin wilson a lot of minutes,and the trade for al harrington
rcoolc

Easley, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Is this still D'antoni's first season? Pinch me, I think I'm in a coma and very delusional!!
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

no your fine,the knicks are going to the playoffs

yeesssiiirr
Brian

Ridge, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Knicks are 6-2 since Gallinari came back, and one of the losses he didn't play in. He also leads the team in plus/minus stat, according to 82games.com . Not saying he's the key, but he could be the thing that puts them over the top. Of course, they could lose the next 10 in a row too. They are the Knicks, after all.
LIAM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Tiffany wrote:
yo,im so happy for them,they gonna be in the playoffs,they stepped up their game,and their even winning on the road,its all because of them signing chris,and playin wilson a lot of minutes,and the trade for al harrington
but yo dey be doin it with out yo man steph. how you be playin him like dat?
LIAM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

ddat

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

if Isiah had okayed this deal before the MObley physical was completed, it would have been as evidence of KNick management incompetence, instead the local coverage remains at the string of questionable decisions. When they traded away Crawford and Zach, KNick Management and the NYC NBA media ALL said "if your're only good enough for the 8th playoff spot and a first round meeting (and quick exit) with Celtics, might as well blow up the team qaand rebuild for 2010'. Now playing for the 8th spot is considered an accomplishment. Knick mangement should thank god the fans and those covering the team have short memories..
Will

Wantagh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

You've got to be kidding? How can anyone in their right mind defend Isiah? He was given way more opportunities to turn this team around then he deserved and he failed countless times. They are competitive now without him. Good riddens to him and his sidekick Marbury!
Want proof? See how Isiah NEVER gets another job in the NBA. He did it all to himself and the media had nothing to do with his poor coaching and managerial skills.
Drew Brown Bundini wrote:
if Isiah had okayed this deal before the MObley physical was completed, it would have been as evidence of KNick management incompetence, instead the local coverage remains at the string of questionable decisions. When they traded away Crawford and Zach, KNick Management and the NYC NBA media ALL said "if your're only good enough for the 8th playoff spot and a first round meeting (and quick exit) with Celtics, might as well blow up the team qaand rebuild for 2010'. Now playing for the 8th spot is considered an accomplishment. Knick mangement should thank god the fans and those covering the team have short memories..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Will wrote:
You've got to be kidding? How can anyone in their right mind defend Isiah? He was given way more opportunities to turn this team around then he deserved and he failed countless times. They are competitive now without him. Good riddens to him and his sidekick Marbury!
Want proof? See how Isiah NEVER gets another job in the NBA. He did it all to himself and the media had nothing to do with his poor coaching and managerial skills. <quoted text>
this is my point.... of all the things I mentioned all you got of it was .. defending Isiah. keep hope alive.. you will need it in 2010 and beyond

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Will wrote:
Want proof? See how Isiah NEVER gets another job in the NBA. He did it all to himself and the media had nothing to do with his poor coaching and managerial skills. <quoted text>
Isiah drafted Lee, Robinson, and Chandler, and Trevor Ariza who is a key reserve for the Lakers.

The guy who spent the KNicks $5 pick on Frederic Weis has a job in the NBA.... George Karl has never won anything except a CBA champioinship here in ALbany and has not been able to win with the Bucks or the Nuggets (and last year the NBA's top 2 scorers in both Iverson and Carmelo).

POint is a lot of guys who have done worse that Isiah keep getting NBA jobs...

even Larry Brown after a 23 win season and using 50 different lineups.... keep hope alive!
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

i like steph,why cant they just play him?he can contribute to the kncks success,he might come off the bench,but it will be worth it,for real

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

Tiffany wrote:
i like steph,why cant they just play him?he can contribute to the kncks success,he might come off the bench,but it will be worth it,for real
that ship has sailed. At this point the KNicks are just waiting for the trade deadline to past and they may even wait for the Celtics last appearance at the garden this year before buying out Steph so they won't be embarassed by him coming back and putting a 50 on Q-Rich at MSG
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

thats not fair,but at least he gets to be on a good team

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jared Jeffries Discussions

Search the Jared Jeffries Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Report: Knicks will not match Lin offer (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 6
Why The New York Knicks Should Consider Bringin... (Jun '12) Jun '12 eddie rodriguez 1
Knicks links: Steve Novak, Jeremy Lin still wai... (Jun '12) Jun '12 eddie rodriguez 1
Stoudemire out indefinitely with back injury (Mar '12) Mar '12 Hoopster 3
Knicks add Bibby, re-sign Jeffries (Dec '11) Dec '11 Alan 1
Celtics take 2-0 lead over Knicks with 96-93 win (Apr '11) Apr '11 KILLASWAGGA803 1
Tracy McGrady Acquired By Knicks (Feb '10) May '10 Drew Brown Bundini 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••