Isiah will maintain the Knicks' statu...

Isiah will maintain the Knicks' status quo

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 18, 2008, titled Isiah will maintain the Knicks' status quo. In it, Newsday reports that:

As the Knicks reunited Monday after the All-Star break, Isiah .Thomas told his players he doesn't plan to make any changes before Thursday's trade deadline.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Isiah

Baltimore, MD

#1 Feb 18, 2008
If your bigs are playing well, that means you're getting good guard play," he said. "And if your bigs aren't playing well, then you might not be getting the guard play that you need."

WHAT!! The "bigs" aren't playing well cause the "bigs" STINK! How bout we draft Michael Beasley or Hansbrough??
Fed Up

Lake Orion, MI

#2 Feb 19, 2008
One excuse after another. The bottom line is that Isiah does not know how to put together a TEAM. His 3 key acquisitions (Marbury, Curry, Randolph) have been a disaster. They are all "me first" no pass, no defense players.

Now that Isiah's "vision" was about valuable as a blind man in a room full of def people, he finds his next BS excuse to weasel his way out of his screw up. Now, he's saying the NBA is turning smaller. REALLY?

Then why, Isiah, did you give up 2 lottery picks and 2 expiring contracts for Curry who you now say is the Edsel of basketball players?

Better yet, if the NBA is no longer a big man's league, then why have 8 of the last 9 NBA champions had either Tim Duncan or Shaquille O'Neal on their roster, and the 9th was Larry Brown's team?

Let's face it, Isiah is a total failure as a part of management. He doesn't know what he's doing and will not listen to those who have a different opinion, choosing instead to get them out of the organization. For all Larry Brown didn't do, he was right about the "talent" Isiah brought to the team. Brown said that Marbury was not a point guard to build a team around, and Frye and Robinson were not that good. He was right on all counts.

Let's face it, Isiah has failed in every management position he's ever held, and the Knicks are no different. They will continue to be a lousy team until he's gone and his replacement can undo all the damage he's done. Thanks to Little Jimmy Dolan and Steve Mills for bringing this loser on board.
john

Huntington Station, NY

#3 Feb 19, 2008
isiah,
if that rumored trade involving zach randolph to the nuggets is aviable, you had better make it TODAY!!!!!!

eddy curry also needs to be moved out, perhaps Miami or Seatle, or sacromento would be good home for eddy & bringing back expiring contracts.
NYStateOfMind

Arverne, NY

#4 Feb 19, 2008
Unfortunately, the Knicks got old and frequently had injuries at the same time. Whether it was Scott Layden or Isiah Thomas, they were going to go through some form of down seaasons based on bad contracts, questioable trades, free agent signings and the like.

This is not to mean the questionable moves that both Layden (Howard Eisley, Shandon Anderson, Glen Rice, Vin Baker) and Thomas (Jerome James, Jared Jeffries) made are without scrutiny. Knick fans live with those decisions to this day.

All I can say that I'm glad I have the cool memories of the Knicks from the previous decade. To this day, I vividly remember the classic Knick/Bull games where the great Michael Jordan would give the casual basketball fans something to see and the Knicks would win more than their fair share.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jared Jeffries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Knicks will not match Lin offer (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 6
News Why The New York Knicks Should Consider Bringin... (Jun '12) Jun '12 eddie rodriguez 1
News Knicks links: Steve Novak, Jeremy Lin still wai... (Jun '12) Jun '12 eddie rodriguez 1
News Stoudemire out indefinitely with back injury (Mar '12) Mar '12 Hoopster 3
News Knicks add Bibby, re-sign Jeffries (Dec '11) Dec '11 Alan 1
News Celtics take 2-0 lead over Knicks with 96-93 win (Apr '11) Apr '11 KILLASWAGGA803 1
News Tracy McGrady Acquired By Knicks (Feb '10) May '10 Drew Brown Bundini 4
More from around the web