P.J. Brown, James Posey in Riley's si...

P.J. Brown, James Posey in Riley's sights -- South Florida Sun-...

There are 12 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 24, 2007, titled P.J. Brown, James Posey in Riley's sights -- South Florida Sun-.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Heat coach Pat Riley said team finances have limited the Heat's efforts to add a major player this summer as the team found targets unwilling to "come to paradise for less money." So the team's search for ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Candorman

Washington, PA

#1 Aug 24, 2007
Nice to see Preening Pat has pulled himself away from the mirror and spent some time DOING HIS FREAKING JOB, or at least talking about doing it. I'd feel even better if he was to pursue someone with something left in his tank rather than a 40 year old guy whose best days are far in the past. It should be pointed out that Preening Pat continues to take snide swipes at Arison for not wanting to let Preening Pat spend all of Arison's money. 3 more years of this? I hope not, and, knowing Preening Pat, he won't live up to this promise either.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#2 Aug 24, 2007
PJ and Posey are good fits.
Candorman

Washington, PA

#3 Aug 24, 2007
The laughing liberal wrote:
PJ and Posey are good fits.
Into what an oldtimer's game? Okay, Posey isn't that old but as long as Preening Pat is pursuing PJ, then why not Rony Seiklay and Glen Rice? Tim Hardaway thinks he can still play so why not reconvene the early '90's team? We've already got Zo. Maybe we can get the NBA to shorten the periods to 8 minutes and have 15 minutes between each period to allow our team some oxygen treatment.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#4 Aug 24, 2007
Candorman wrote:
<quoted text>
Into what an oldtimer's game? Okay, Posey isn't that old but as long as Preening Pat is pursuing PJ, then why not Rony Seiklay and Glen Rice? Tim Hardaway thinks he can still play so why not reconvene the early '90's team? We've already got Zo. Maybe we can get the NBA to shorten the periods to 8 minutes and have 15 minutes between each period to allow our team some oxygen treatment.
PJ played well in the playoff games I watched last year. He still has enough game to help this team given the lack of funds for anyone else.
Candorman

Washington, PA

#5 Aug 24, 2007
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
PJ played well in the playoff games I watched last year. He still has enough game to help this team given the lack of funds for anyone else.
I don't mean to disparage PJ. He was great while he was here and most likely he is still better than most of the bench players now on the team. I agree he will make a contribution if he comes here. My concern is the George Allen practice of the future being now that eventually sinks a franchise. We don't draft well (D-Wade was taken at the insistence of Pfund & company and over the opposition of Preening Pat who wanted T.J. Ford), we don't develop (D-Wade and Udonis, who P.P. now wants to trade, were developed by Van Gundy and Spoestra), we don't sign quality free agents, and we don't seem to have any future. The roster year after year, when Preening Pat engages himself, is a collection of misfits, has-beens, and never-was players to whom Preening Pat pays too much. At some point this house of cards collapses.
Chris V

New York, NY

#6 Aug 24, 2007
Penny, PJ, and Zo. Wow, AARP must have a few luxury suites.
yeagators

Deerfield Beach, FL

#7 Aug 24, 2007
Maybe we can get Bimbo Coles, Allan Ogg and Rony Seikaly to come back too........Are we all of suuden playing in the SNBA (Senior NBA??)...

Maybe old Pat can lace'm up for kicks......
mca3

Spartanburg, SC

#8 Aug 24, 2007
REALLY HOW CHEAP CAN YOU GET? IF YOU DON'T GET TO THE PLAYOFFS YOU LOSE MONEY ,, PAT ,,, ALL THESE OLD PLAYERS WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUNG AND ATHELETIC?????????? WHAT A BORING TEAM SHAG IS NINETY PENNY 86 ALONZO 75 PJ 100 YOU EXPECT PEOPLE TO PAY TO SEE THESE OLD TIMERS GAMES, GEEZ

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Bell, CA

#9 Aug 24, 2007
Candorman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mean to disparage PJ. He was great while he was here and most likely he is still better than most of the bench players now on the team. I agree he will make a contribution if he comes here. My concern is the George Allen practice of the future being now that eventually sinks a franchise. We don't draft well (D-Wade was taken at the insistence of Pfund & company and over the opposition of Preening Pat who wanted T.J. Ford), we don't develop (D-Wade and Udonis, who P.P. now wants to trade, were developed by Van Gundy and Spoestra), we don't sign quality free agents, and we don't seem to have any future. The roster year after year, when Preening Pat engages himself, is a collection of misfits, has-beens, and never-was players to whom Preening Pat pays too much. At some point this house of cards collapses.
Yes but every team wiffs on draft picks.
Had to tell a stud from a dud or thug in these NBA drafts.

Unless DW or Shaq want to restructure their contracts, they have little choice but to try and win now (next 2 years) with very little $$ to spend while Shaq is still a force.

I'm just happy they won a championship recently and still have a shot with 2 stars.
ManO A

Dubai, UAE

#10 Aug 25, 2007
Lets go heattt !!!!!!
we dont like odd years ! 2006 champs and now we gna get our 2k8 ring !
From ur fan frm lebanon and frm ur biggest fan !
PEACE FROM THE MIDDLE EAST !
gvdf fgb

Boca Raton, FL

#11 Sep 6, 2007
i believe if posey can have another chance with the heat it wiil be nice i don't like the green on James Posey i prefer the red and blak or the white
gvdf fgb

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 Sep 6, 2007
lests go heat come posey ur a good player in miami ur ar the reason i watch miami comre on i like the number 42 on u

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Posey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Millsap scores 24 points, Jazz beat Hornets (Feb '10) Feb '10 drshort 1
News Lightning strikes Timberwolves a second time as... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Wolvesfan 3
News Preview: San Antonio Spurs @ New Orleans Hornets (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
News Hornets Lose 121-63 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Mookie 1
News New Orleans Hornets Roster Report (Apr '09) Apr '09 Mookie 1
News Hornets Hype | D-D-D-D-Denver D-D-D-D-fense D-D... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Mookie 1
News Hornets coach says his team needs to help super... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Mookie 1
More from around the web