Jones headed to Dallas; Grizzlies tra...

Jones headed to Dallas; Grizzlies trade for Navarro -- South Fl...

There are 19 comments on the SouthFlorida.com story from Aug 4, 2007, titled Jones headed to Dallas; Grizzlies trade for Navarro -- South Fl.... In it, SouthFlorida.com reports that:

The Heat won't turn to Eddie Jones again to fill its need at small forward. Jones reportedly will sign with the Dallas Mavericks pending a physical Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthFlorida.com.

Toni Croatia

Croatia

#1 Aug 4, 2007
We lost another great player Navarro in Memphis. Well, there is another big euro player who can help emidiatly. SARUNAS JASIKEVICIUS from Golden st. he is the key man of Litvanian euro 2005 championship end the key for every Maccabi ueroleague titles. A proven winner, experience & high basketball IQ. With Teo Papaloukas the best euro player last 5-7 years. Great player for the Heat. Can play point guard and 2 guard positions. Great pick & roll player Riley wants. Hope he sighs with Miami. If not I we'll be happy to see him play euroleague.
Piccolo

Boynton Beach, FL

#2 Aug 4, 2007
Well I think it was evident that Washington was more interested to deal out of conference and Memphis I think had to keep Paul Gasol happy. As for Teo Papaloukas he signed with a German team about a month ago.

Hopefully something is in the works because Dorrell as starting small forward is scary.
D Boston

Atlanta, GA

#3 Aug 4, 2007
The heat will not be missing anything by not getting Eddie back. He was just a deer in the head light playoff bust anyway!
Alex

Miami Beach, FL

#4 Aug 4, 2007
loooooooosers
1 Heat Fan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Aug 4, 2007
So what!!!!!
MCA3

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Aug 4, 2007
After last year its hard to get excited for the upcoming season with this team,,,,LAZY SHAG HOLDS THIS TEAM DOWN ,,, TRADE HIS 20 MILLION DOLLAR BUTT..
Alex

Miami Beach, FL

#7 Aug 4, 2007
Next move - Riley quits? What do you think Fans?
chango-ochumeleg ua-yemaya

San Antonio, TX

#8 Aug 4, 2007
miami heat wont be a contender this year. the more that can be expected from them is making it to the playoffs..wich i doubt. if they do make it into the playoffs it'll be a short post season for them..they need to get rid of walker, but they cant.
ray

Pittsboro, NC

#9 Aug 4, 2007
wonder?? what are heats going to do. they need a scorer bad to go alone with shaq and wade... the market is closing fast...
Mike Honcho

Miami, FL

#10 Aug 5, 2007
The Boston Celtics made the changes needed to adapt from last year, just like the Bulls did last summer. If everyone is improving to be better than you, what do you do about it? It really feels like the Heat are the only team in the league to not do anything this offseason, sure there are big names avail next summer but what do fans have to look forward to this season? It better not be another sweep, and it better not be from the Celtics!
Shek

Miami, FL

#11 Aug 5, 2007
chango-ochumelegua-yemaya wrote:
miami heat wont be a contender this year. the more that can be expected from them is making it to the playoffs..wich i doubt. if they do make it into the playoffs it'll be a short post season for them..they need to get rid of walker, but they cant.
When you have Wade and Shaq on a team you always are a contender. Thats just logic.
chango-ochumeleg ua-yemaya

San Antonio, TX

#12 Aug 5, 2007
you dont call contender a team swept in the first round of the playoffs..they had shaq and wade last year and they did not contended for any tittle (not even conference or divition). and now wade is comming back from 2 surgeries!!i know you waant to keep your hopes but horizon isn't looking good..
Andy D

Pompano Beach, FL

#13 Aug 6, 2007
You fake fans, at the end of next year $12 million comes off the payroll (doleac and williams), we can EASILY buy a big name next year to go with Wade and Shaq, and 2 years after that when Shaq leaves, we will have $20 million to add ANOTHER big name player with Wade.. we will have 3 superstars in 3 years on this team, and we could have a new superstar next year.. stop being such fake, impatient fans.
still yawning

New York, NY

#14 Aug 6, 2007
The Heat just better hope D-Wright becomes a mini T-Mac or this next season is toast.
edo bg

Frankfort, KY

#15 Aug 6, 2007
Toni Croatia wrote:
We lost another great player Navarro in Memphis. Well, there is another big euro player who can help emidiatly. SARUNAS JASIKEVICIUS from Golden st. he is the key man of Litvanian euro 2005 championship end the key for every Maccabi ueroleague titles. A proven winner, experience & high basketball IQ. With Teo Papaloukas the best euro player last 5-7 years. Great player for the Heat. Can play point guard and 2 guard positions. Great pick & roll player Riley wants. Hope he sighs with Miami. If not I we'll be happy to see him play euroleague.
A croatian. Good! Please tell me what you know about Drazen Petrovices nephew. I'm hearing that he is just as good.
GEORGE

Whittier, CA

#16 Aug 6, 2007
Miami is done
THAT_guy_again

Tempe, AZ

#17 Aug 6, 2007
At least they added Smush! LMAO!
edo bg

Frankfort, KY

#18 Aug 6, 2007
THAT_guy_again wrote:
At least they added Smush! LMAO!
LOL. Championship is in the bag.
dwaydemvp07

Winter Park, FL

#19 Aug 6, 2007
thye lost big time on Matt Barnes wondering if Riles can at least bring pietrus to miami

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Posey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Millsap scores 24 points, Jazz beat Hornets (Feb '10) Feb '10 drshort 1
News Lightning strikes Timberwolves a second time as... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Wolvesfan 3
News Preview: San Antonio Spurs @ New Orleans Hornets (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
News Hornets Lose 121-63 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Mookie 1
News New Orleans Hornets Roster Report (Apr '09) Apr '09 Mookie 1
News Hornets Hype | D-D-D-D-Denver D-D-D-D-fense D-D... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Mookie 1
News Hornets coach says his team needs to help super... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Mookie 1
More from around the web