Dorell Wright's big chance

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Pat Riley's missives can be compelling, confounding and, as the occasional player will admit, ponderous to the point of being tossed aside.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Oct 1, 2007
Be Geezus

Rhinecliff, NY

#1 Oct 1, 2007
I am confused as to how this was not discussed or reported until now? Really, this puts a damper on things. Because I am trying to reconcile this story with the fact that Dorrell was sort of an untouchable piece to the puzzle, part of the future. The guy Wade was eager to play along side. Wasn't he the guy RIley would not include to obtain someone like Iverson? With all the talk about mentors and learning from a veteran on the Dolphins, somehow learning work ethic from Wade was lost on this kid.

Ira, how is it possible there has been a grievance submitted to the players committee that was not common knowledge to the league and the media? This sounds rather newsworthy to me. All summer we have hung our hopes on this kid, and now we learn this. As fans and consumers, aren't we entitled to know he was benched because he was being disciplined, and now we learn he was not happy about the penalty. This is disappointing to say the least, top to bottom.
asleep in coma-like state

New York, NY

#2 Oct 1, 2007
Believe it or not....this Heat season will depend alot on Dorell's production. He has to have a break-out season along with either Simien or one of the other unsung guys to step up.
Beninfortmyers

Naples, FL

#3 Oct 1, 2007
Dorrell Wright WILL NOT become a star under Pat Riley. It is quite disappointing that this kind of story comes out of Rileshouse. Obviously, this kid already has a rep with Riles. You think Riles will truly give him a chance to attain stardom in Miami? I don't think so. I will be shocked if this kid finish this season in Miami.
Godfrey

Warner Robins, GA

#4 Oct 1, 2007
This is exactly why I do not put much stock in what Riley says. But if this is his system (the conditioning part) then it is what it is, we'll have to see.
isbort

Barnesville, OH

#5 Oct 1, 2007
How about Riley uses a new test. The "can they play hard and get the job test." I know guys that are pretty damn chubby and yet can run five minute miles.

Grade and play players by on court performance and not by some stupid conditioning test. If they drop dead on the court 'cause their outta shape, then you know...
Ira-sucks

Plympton, MA

#6 Oct 1, 2007
Your obsessive hate of Antoine Walker is crazy Ira you punk

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Posey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Millsap scores 24 points, Jazz beat Hornets (Feb '10) Feb '10 drshort 1
Lightning strikes Timberwolves a second time as... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Wolvesfan 3
Preview: San Antonio Spurs @ New Orleans Hornets (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
Hornets Lose 121-63 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Mookie 1
New Orleans Hornets Roster Report (Apr '09) Apr '09 Mookie 1
Hornets Hype | D-D-D-D-Denver D-D-D-D-fense D-D... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Mookie 1
Hornets coach says his team needs to help super... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Mookie 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

James Posey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••