Miami Heat forward Michael Beasley he...

Miami Heat forward Michael Beasley headed for second unit for p...

There are 38 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 17, 2009, titled Miami Heat forward Michael Beasley headed for second unit for p.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Friday was about clues, as the Miami Heat continued its preparations for Sunday's playoff opener against the Atlanta Hawks at Philips Arena.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
czar of the watercooler

Warsaw, IN

#1 Apr 17, 2009
quinnie can clue him in, so don't worry.
quinnie is the man.
beas, listen to the man.
Oh no not again

Orlando, FL

#2 Apr 17, 2009
czar of the watercooler wrote:
quinnie can clue him in, so don't worry.
quinnie is the man.
beas, listen to the man.
Analyst, is that you trying to be incognito?
OLD PRO

Delray Beach, FL

#3 Apr 17, 2009
OK, so we take UD and his 8 - 10 points and let Beas sit ! I guess Spo doesn't want to win and make Riely look bad! Soooo we made the playoffs and I guess he is happy with that and has something to build on next year when he tries to win a few playoff games!
huh

United States

#4 Apr 17, 2009
OLD PRO wrote:
OK, so we take UD and his 8 - 10 points and let Beas sit ! I guess Spo doesn't want to win and make Riely look bad! Soooo we made the playoffs and I guess he is happy with that and has something to build on next year when he tries to win a few playoff games!
how we do in the playoffs is comming down to how Dwade plays period...Udonis, Beasley, who sits, who starts, rookie coach..non of that matters...if Dwade plays well, we win the series, if he doesn't, we lose..point blank end of conversation...so I don't wanna hear anymore about this rookie BS, i thought you were an old pro?
Mike Honcho

Miami, FL

#5 Apr 17, 2009
The regular season is over and you still don't have a set lineup. That's how you know your team is not complete. There should be no questions as to who plays what position at this point in the year.
haha

Tampa, FL

#6 Apr 17, 2009
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
how we do in the playoffs is comming down to how Dwade plays period...Udonis, Beasley, who sits, who starts, rookie coach..non of that matters...if Dwade plays well, we win the series, if he doesn't, we lose..point blank end of conversation...so I don't wanna hear anymore about this rookie BS, i thought you were an old pro?
owned
juan

West Palm Beach, FL

#7 Apr 17, 2009
Mike Honcho wrote:
The regular season is over and you still don't have a set lineup. That's how you know your team is not complete. There should be no questions as to who plays what position at this point in the year.
EXACTELY
juanp

Miami, FL

#8 Apr 17, 2009
haslem? UGH!
LOL

Boca Raton, FL

#9 Apr 17, 2009
he is your 2nd best player you idiot coach.
SATANLOVES

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#10 Apr 17, 2009
FIRE SPO, HE IS A MORON. Sit our second best player who is on a tear, great for his confidence, production and most importantly future development for a mediocre player who has 6 stitches on his hand. SPO SUCKS.
Ericb

United States

#11 Apr 17, 2009
SATANLOVES wrote:
FIRE SPO, HE IS A MORON. Sit our second best player who is on a tear, great for his confidence, production and most importantly future development for a mediocre player who has 6 stitches on his hand. SPO SUCKS.
I agree fire spo , he is a joke , this strarti g five has no fire power ,
He. Must play Beasly or wade will have to carry the load all by himself ,
He should play chris more since chalmers can't score .
kenny

Auburn, WA

#12 Apr 17, 2009
Ericb wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree fire spo , he is a joke , this strarti g five has no fire power ,
He. Must play Beasly or wade will have to carry the load all by himself ,
He should play chris more since chalmers can't score .
mario might not be a good scorer, but if you play quinn on bibby, bibby will single handedly win the series for the hawks!
OLD PRO

Delray Beach, FL

#13 Apr 17, 2009
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
how we do in the playoffs is comming down to how Dwade plays period...Udonis, Beasley, who sits, who starts, rookie coach..non of that matters...if Dwade plays well, we win the series, if he doesn't, we lose..point blank end of conversation...so I don't wanna hear anymore about this rookie BS, i thought you were an old pro?
Well if you don't want to hear it, the on off switch is on your computer! When I played, I played on a TEAM and one guy usually needed help! The sport is a team sport, not bowling!
Tiffany

United States

#14 Apr 17, 2009
They shuold put beasley in the second unit in the playoffs,but then again,him and dwayne in the starting lineup could really help beasley's game
liam

Belmont, MA

#15 Apr 17, 2009
If he doest start Beasley and we lose the series cuz of it and fall into double-digit first quarter deficits every game than Spo deserves to get fired

he's done a great job on 85% of the things but this is too big a screw-up to overlook, this is the PLAYOFFS to COMPETE FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP

which means playing your best players and the goal being to win, but it seems spo's goal is "Dont hurt Udonis Haslem's feelings"
liam

Belmont, MA

#16 Apr 17, 2009
and it would really help Wade's game to have Beasley out there

and make it alot easier for our other weapons Oneal and Chalmers and Cook,, not to mention all our shooters and hustle guys/offensive rebounders
Tiffany

United States

#17 Apr 17, 2009
Um wade does'nt need help wit his game,hes already on top of it
john

Homestead, FL

#18 Apr 17, 2009
You know this shouldn't be difficult. I'm not saying this in reference to the series but i'm speaking on the decision that has to be made with this lineup. The hawks will have a hard time against beasley and wade in the lineup. Like the previous comments, there is no way that the hawks can cover beasley and wade. It's like covering wade and duncan. The heat need to realize that they have special talent in this kid. You couldn't have asked for a better pick. This thing has never been about his inability to play defense. That's the dumbest excuse i've ever heard to not play that kind of a talent, because every rookie has struggles in defense. but not every rookie can score and rebound. You will not find another big that can score inside or outside and rebound. The reason for not playing beasley is simply out of the respect this orginization haslem. with that being said this staff has nothing owed to O'neal. So why not bench O'neal and start haslem at center. If you have a haslem, beasley, moon, wade chalmers, You haves a good core that can compete against the hawks. Otherwise i just think the hawks are too balanced as a team. We will not have a chance beat them without beasley in the lineup.
kenny

Auburn, WA

#19 Apr 17, 2009
john wrote:
You know this shouldn't be difficult. I'm not saying this in reference to the series but i'm speaking on the decision that has to be made with this lineup. The hawks will have a hard time against beasley and wade in the lineup. Like the previous comments, there is no way that the hawks can cover beasley and wade. It's like covering wade and duncan. The heat need to realize that they have special talent in this kid. You couldn't have asked for a better pick. This thing has never been about his inability to play defense. That's the dumbest excuse i've ever heard to not play that kind of a talent, because every rookie has struggles in defense. but not every rookie can score and rebound. You will not find another big that can score inside or outside and rebound. The reason for not playing beasley is simply out of the respect this orginization haslem. with that being said this staff has nothing owed to O'neal. So why not bench O'neal and start haslem at center. If you have a haslem, beasley, moon, wade chalmers, You haves a good core that can compete against the hawks. Otherwise i just think the hawks are too balanced as a team. We will not have a chance beat them without beasley in the lineup.
i agree with most of this...but the biggest weakness of the hawks, is their bench...

flip murray, maurice evans and zaza pachulia, and after that, they have nothing...

if you take beasley off the bench, then the two benches are even, if not tilted in favor of the hawks....i think they leave the starting lineup as is, and just play beasley more in crunch time, and if you have him play SF at the end of games, he might not be a good defender, but marvin williams is not a versatile scorer.
Mike Hunt

Pompano Beach, FL

#20 Apr 17, 2009
What an absolute croc of crap. Somebody needs to "clue" Spoelstra in. Let's be real here, in reality, he's nothing more than Riley's figurehead bench dummy anyway...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Miller says he will be ready for Heat season (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 1
News Heat courting free agent guard Ray Allen: source (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 3
News Miami Heat rallies in second half to top Oklaho... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Ginobili 1
News Players' union to meet Monday to discuss NBA's ... (Nov '11) Nov '11 New York Doctor 2
News Miami Heat: Can Dwyane Wade Lead Them to the Ch... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Nzeza 1
News Heat 99, Celtics 90: Hostilities under way | Th... (May '11) May '11 LeBronFan 2
News House scores 35 points, Heat beat Raptors 97-79 (Apr '11) Apr '11 wezzy 1
More from around the web