Solid NBA debut for Michael Beasley i...

Solid NBA debut for Michael Beasley in Miami Heat exhibition loss

There are 8 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 5, 2008, titled Solid NBA debut for Michael Beasley in Miami Heat exhibition loss. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Before Michael Beasley made his NBA debut, Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra requested patience with the No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

juan

Jonas Ridge, NC

#1 Oct 5, 2008
the heat played good...beasley played good for the minutes he got wade played good but didnt try 2 hard bc he doesnt wanna get hurt in a pre season game and we lost mainly bc we had our reserves in the 4th and overtime
Dolphinatik

Boston, MA

#2 Oct 6, 2008
easily would have been a win with our starters on the floor. I am not sure what Spoel is doing but why not put Beasley in with Wade and give him max minutes. The Heat have underdeveloped rooks in the past by rationing playing time. Beasley needs to be treated like Wade and given the most time on the floor.
Stanislaw

Roy, WA

#3 Oct 6, 2008
Dolphinatik wrote:
easily would have been a win with our starters on the floor. I am not sure what Spoel is doing but why not put Beasley in with Wade and give him max minutes. The Heat have underdeveloped rooks in the past by rationing playing time. Beasley needs to be treated like Wade and given the most time on the floor.
Certainly considering Haslem did not play. In that scenario what is the purpose of not keeping Beasley in?
Stanislaw

Roy, WA

#4 Oct 6, 2008
But of course Beasley's game picks up with DWade and Marion on the floor. The defense is going to be trying to stop them. Besides DWade makes teammates better.
I would imagine among reserves he got more attention.
justfish

Hialeah, FL

#5 Oct 6, 2008
Guys the reason Beasley is not on the floor is because it's preseason! Why risk injury for something that doesn't count. Let them stretch their legs and get into a flow for the season.
genius

Canaan, CT

#6 Oct 6, 2008
i see that all the jokers who have no life only infect Ira's blog and don't bother to reply to the news articles.
GOOD! nice intelligent replies here
without all the politics and personalities spending their life on Ira's blogs.
Florida Fan

Boca Raton, FL

#7 Oct 6, 2008
Dolphinatik wrote:
for one simply reason ITS THE PRE-SEASON, they don't want to loose anyone now. when the games mean nothing at all. preseaon is just for the players to going and for teams to tryout some plays. the less wade and beasley play the better for now.
czar

Milford, IN

#8 Oct 7, 2008
genius wrote:
i see that all the jokers who have no life only infect Ira's blog and don't bother to reply to the news articles.
GOOD! nice intelligent replies here
without all the politics and personalities spending their life on Ira's blogs.
What the heck is someone from ct doing commenting about ira's articles?
btw, obama is every terrorists dream president.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Miller says he will be ready for Heat season (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 1
News Heat courting free agent guard Ray Allen: source (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 3
News Miami Heat rallies in second half to top Oklaho... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Ginobili 1
News Players' union to meet Monday to discuss NBA's ... (Nov '11) Nov '11 New York Doctor 2
News Miami Heat: Can Dwyane Wade Lead Them to the Ch... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Nzeza 1
News Heat 99, Celtics 90: Hostilities under way | Th... (May '11) May '11 LeBronFan 2
News House scores 35 points, Heat beat Raptors 97-79 (Apr '11) Apr '11 wezzy 1
More from around the web