Jermaine O'Neal's Miami Heat debut a ...

Jermaine O'Neal's Miami Heat debut a night to forget

There are 30 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 18, 2009, titled Jermaine O'Neal's Miami Heat debut a night to forget. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Jermaine O'Neal 's South Florida welcome included an elbow to the right eye from Mike Miller and enough Minnesota Timberwolves 3-pointers to leave the Miami Heat feeling dazed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
abc

Stuart, FL

#21 Feb 19, 2009
Sarah wrote:
When they play good defense and pass the ball around, they play well. When they keep giving the ball to Wade and he takes most of the shots, they don't do well. If Wade makes a three, he wants to keep trying to make more. When he misses a few shots,he passes off. The team mate is so surprised he passed off, he misses the pass. He needs to be more of a team player and quit worrying about his records. Never give him the ball for the last shot or a crucial last second shot. He is no Kobe or James. A very good player but not as good as he believes he is. Trust your team mates!!!
Hmmm, true to some extent. Remember Lebron had his 1st game winning shot last season...after how many seasons in the league. Wades a proven finals MVP, NBA Champion & Olympic Gold winner, NBA all star, 2nd team all NBA and the list goes on. The guy is proven, sometimes if you live by, u will die by & at times that is whats happening with the Heat. Unless there is a guy on this squad that when given the rock he can deliver without a doubt..besides Wade, we'll have to get used to this. Cook, James even Chalmers was off & lacked defensive intensity. It's a team sport but when the team don't deliver u don't win. They'll get better though. Heat fan since 95' & I'll never change.
Florida fan

United States

#23 Feb 19, 2009
Reb wrote:
The new NBA skill is to be paid the millions, and not have to play. Note from the Doctor, you know. The NEW O'Neal is not that diffeent from the OLD O'Neal, no pun intended. He is a 12 year veteran, slow, fragile, and awkward. He will be of NO help to the team, and will get rich from ther bench. I'm done with this team as long as Pat iley is involved. He KILLS us with his player moves.
You are not that. Bright this was a great move by pat this was to help us in 2010 genius where oneals contrat will end and give us enough cap to sign back wade and a another superstar both to max contracts. Eve n if the heat traded for a better big man they could not make a. Serious run in the playoffs. They don't have the players to do it.
drk

Boca Raton, FL

#24 Feb 19, 2009
why do the Heat struggle with teams far below them and play up to the level of better teams? going in as an underdog pumps them up. O'Neal will settle in and help, but he may need a face mask!
BJR

Hialeah, FL

#25 Feb 19, 2009
I blame Coach Spo for the lost, I understood why we trap everything and gambled on the passing lanes before, when the Heat was force to play guys out of position But thats no longer the cast. So he needs to dial down the rotations and sure up the one on one defense! So we can get in position to get some rebounds!! and still get out on the Break! And start playing D wade at the point more when Rio goes to the bench.
right

Miami, FL

#26 Feb 19, 2009
Thats a man baby wrote:
I've said it before...I'll say it again. First move, unload Wade for Antoine Walker. We need the tiptoe skills of 'Toine to tinkle the twine. Next, package up Beasley and Haslem for Shaq...it would be just like Hakeem and Ralph Sampson. Then pick up Starbury to run the point. Championship.
The Heat Stink
You're an idiot. Fans like this are a disgrace to any franchise.
right

Miami, FL

#27 Feb 19, 2009
Reb wrote:
The new NBA skill is to be paid the millions, and not have to play. Note from the Doctor, you know. The NEW O'Neal is not that diffeent from the OLD O'Neal, no pun intended. He is a 12 year veteran, slow, fragile, and awkward. He will be of NO help to the team, and will get rich from ther bench. I'm done with this team as long as Pat iley is involved. He KILLS us with his player moves.
Weren't you done with the Heat bandwagon the other night they won against the Bulls? Typical Miami fans. You folks will never be satisfied with anything I bet this was the same person complaining about Shaq and Walker after the 06' championship. Do us a favor and dont hop back on the bandwagon again when the Heat win another game. "Fans" like you make me sick.
right

Miami, FL

#28 Feb 19, 2009
And no one bothers to bring up that Wade still had 37 pts 12 assts isnt that doing enough for one player? I mean those are awesome numbers. When the rest of the team doesnt play any D they dont perform well at all but its kind of hard to with the lack of size. I still thought the Heat should of went after Gerald Wallace from the Bobcats he is the kind of player that would play great alongside Wade. JO is not a Mo Williams or Pau Gasol to take the pressure off of Wade.
kenny

Auburn, WA

#29 Feb 19, 2009
right wrote:
And no one bothers to bring up that Wade still had 37 pts 12 assts isnt that doing enough for one player? I mean those are awesome numbers. When the rest of the team doesnt play any D they dont perform well at all but its kind of hard to with the lack of size. I still thought the Heat should of went after Gerald Wallace from the Bobcats he is the kind of player that would play great alongside Wade. JO is not a Mo Williams or Pau Gasol to take the pressure off of Wade.
now d wade gets to taste a little of what lebron had for the first 5 years of his career...mediocre team support! except lebron was putting up 31 8 and 7 ...but thats not the point
Wadecounty47

Longmont, CO

#30 Feb 19, 2009
Thats Right Brother! One move was enuff. Lets face it, with a roster fool of Gits, all we really needed was a Center!
Thats how powerful these "New kids on Block" appear to me. I mean we have a 19 yr. old whos the 2nd leading scorer on a team whos in the most powerful Conference in the world. The EAST, and trust me he's a BEAST
JLO I mean JO is next I hope to the thrown of DW
Tiffany

United States

#31 Feb 20, 2009
jermaine dont look good in a heat jersey,i lik him better wit the pacers,but ever since danny granger steped up his game,they found out that they didnt need him,but anyways jermaine really dont belong on the heat,hes gonna mess up their flow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Miller says he will be ready for Heat season (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 1
News Heat courting free agent guard Ray Allen: source (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 3
News Miami Heat rallies in second half to top Oklaho... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Ginobili 1
News Players' union to meet Monday to discuss NBA's ... (Nov '11) Nov '11 New York Doctor 2
News Miami Heat: Can Dwyane Wade Lead Them to the Ch... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Nzeza 1
News Heat 99, Celtics 90: Hostilities under way | Th... (May '11) May '11 LeBronFan 2
News House scores 35 points, Heat beat Raptors 97-79 (Apr '11) Apr '11 wezzy 1
More from around the web