Jermaine O'Neal's Miami Heat debut a ...

Jermaine O'Neal's Miami Heat debut a night to forget

There are 30 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 18, 2009, titled Jermaine O'Neal's Miami Heat debut a night to forget. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Jermaine O'Neal 's South Florida welcome included an elbow to the right eye from Mike Miller and enough Minnesota Timberwolves 3-pointers to leave the Miami Heat feeling dazed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Franco

AOL

#1 Feb 19, 2009
BUST..........thats what the Heat got with Jermaine..........
The People of Florida

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Feb 19, 2009
Another wasted opportunity. We are tired to see average players getting the careers high at the Miami arena. The Team looks rusty, this I have to point coach Spo for giving to much free time and he will remember this game.
Reb

Miami, FL

#3 Feb 19, 2009
The new NBA skill is to be paid the millions, and not have to play. Note from the Doctor, you know. The NEW O'Neal is not that diffeent from the OLD O'Neal, no pun intended. He is a 12 year veteran, slow, fragile, and awkward. He will be of NO help to the team, and will get rich from ther bench. I'm done with this team as long as Pat iley is involved. He KILLS us with his player moves.
GoHeat

Portage, IN

#4 Feb 19, 2009
I hope the Heat remember this the next time they play against Mike Miller, and offer a little 'payback.'
kenny

Auburn, WA

#5 Feb 19, 2009
Reb wrote:
The new NBA skill is to be paid the millions, and not have to play. Note from the Doctor, you know. The NEW O'Neal is not that diffeent from the OLD O'Neal, no pun intended. He is a 12 year veteran, slow, fragile, and awkward. He will be of NO help to the team, and will get rich from ther bench. I'm done with this team as long as Pat iley is involved. He KILLS us with his player moves.
didnt you guys win a championship with the last oneal?
Bob

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Feb 19, 2009
I told you this guy is a bum. He's more interested in South Beach than he is playing for the Heat...
Heatastic

New York, NY

#7 Feb 19, 2009
Thought Riley said this was all about winning? Did it seem that JO was forced to block every other shot possession as the Heat perimeter defense broke down? Did Marion provide that much defensive glue? Does Telfair's game justify Riley's pursuit of a veteran PG? Should James Jones take a permanent seat besides Dorell Wright on the bench? Did McKale outcoach Spo? My answer to all is YES.
Professor

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Feb 19, 2009
kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
didnt you guys win a championship with the last oneal?
Typical Miami fan ... this was probably the same guy who complained about Walker the entire season that ended with a Championship.

Since: Mar 08

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#9 Feb 19, 2009
Bob wrote:
I told you this guy is a bum. He's more interested in South Beach than he is playing for the Heat...
Wait until after a few games before you call him a bum. Stop kneejerking!
Mike R

United States

#10 Feb 19, 2009
"He gives us a presence there offensively," Spoelstra said of O'Neal. "I think there are things we can work with.
----------

For $20+ MILLION/year, I would certainly hope that "there are things we can work with".
Nell Piper Junior

Hialeah, FL

#11 Feb 19, 2009
Reb wrote:
You said you were done with this team yesterday...so get lost.
Nell Piper Junior

Hialeah, FL

#12 Feb 19, 2009
Heatastic wrote:
Thought Riley said this was all about winning? Did it seem that JO was forced to block every other shot possession as the Heat perimeter defense broke down? Did Marion provide that much defensive glue? Does Telfair's game justify Riley's pursuit of a veteran PG? Should James Jones take a permanent seat besides Dorell Wright on the bench? Did McKale outcoach Spo? My answer to all is YES.
Right on...pin this one on Spoelstra.
fairanbalance

West Greenwich, RI

#13 Feb 19, 2009
Heat is Heat...play small ball ...lot of ball movement...take them down with the dribble...Heat will lose
Sarah

Oneonta, NY

#14 Feb 19, 2009
When they play good defense and pass the ball around, they play well. When they keep giving the ball to Wade and he takes most of the shots, they don't do well. If Wade makes a three, he wants to keep trying to make more. When he misses a few shots,he passes off. The team mate is so surprised he passed off, he misses the pass. He needs to be more of a team player and quit worrying about his records. Never give him the ball for the last shot or a crucial last second shot. He is no Kobe or James. A very good player but not as good as he believes he is. Trust your team mates!!!
spolestra

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Feb 19, 2009
SUCKS!! Team Always comes out flat after halftime!!!
charles kellom

AOL

#16 Feb 19, 2009
spoelstra is the problem. riley can get him all the players he needs but he doesn't have the experience to use them properly. Ex: look how he's mishandled Beasley. spoelstra is too rigid and lacks ability of fundamentals to handle successfully a professional teams. Its not in his genes. riley come back and bring alonzo with you and then the Heat will make a run a eastern conference finals. spoelstra is a waste of arison's money.
Banana Republic

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#17 Feb 19, 2009
We need a veteran PG in the worst way. Quinn was getting abused by Telfair all night.
Thats a man baby

United States

#18 Feb 19, 2009
I've said it before...I'll say it again. First move, unload Wade for Antoine Walker. We need the tiptoe skills of 'Toine to tinkle the twine. Next, package up Beasley and Haslem for Shaq...it would be just like Hakeem and Ralph Sampson. Then pick up Starbury to run the point. Championship.

The Heat Stink
Banana Republic

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Feb 19, 2009
charles kellom wrote:
spoelstra is the problem. riley can get him all the players he needs but he doesn't have the experience to use them properly. Ex: look how he's mishandled Beasley. spoelstra is too rigid and lacks ability of fundamentals to handle successfully a professional teams. Its not in his genes. riley come back and bring alonzo with you and then the Heat will make a run a eastern conference finals. spoelstra is a waste of arison's money.
Armchair idiots in full force today. This is why it is so discouraging to be a S. Fla sports fan. Too many morons who think because they can run things on their video games that makes them coaches/GMs. It was 1 game of 82. So friggin stupid. It had nothing to do with the 14-22 3 point shooting from the 3rd worst 3 shooting team in the NBA right? Or getting outrebounded by 20 plus? Stay on the couch with your analysis tool.
Banana Republic

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Feb 19, 2009
Thats a man baby wrote:
I've said it before...I'll say it again. First move, unload Wade for Antoine Walker. We need the tiptoe skills of 'Toine to tinkle the twine. Next, package up Beasley and Haslem for Shaq...it would be just like Hakeem and Ralph Sampson. Then pick up Starbury to run the point. Championship.

The Heat Stink
Spoken like a jealous Knick fan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Miller says he will be ready for Heat season (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 1
News Heat courting free agent guard Ray Allen: source (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 3
News Miami Heat rallies in second half to top Oklaho... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Ginobili 1
News Players' union to meet Monday to discuss NBA's ... (Nov '11) Nov '11 New York Doctor 2
News Miami Heat: Can Dwyane Wade Lead Them to the Ch... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Nzeza 1
News Heat 99, Celtics 90: Hostilities under way | Th... (May '11) May '11 LeBronFan 2
News House scores 35 points, Heat beat Raptors 97-79 (Apr '11) Apr '11 wezzy 1
More from around the web