Magic's Nelson could return for Finals

If he's judged healthy enough to return within the next few days, Orlando Magic all-star point guard Jameer Nelson will play against the team he was instrumental in beating twice this season --- the Los Angeles Lakers --- in the NBA Finals. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Magic Fan Mark

Clermont, FL

#123 Jun 1, 2009
DaTruthSetsUFree wrote:
If anyone is interested, the LA Laker blog is full of knowledgeable fans who have nothing but respect for the Magic. In a poll conducted before game 6 of the Magic-Legone series, almost every fan said the matchups were better against Cleveland. The only reason people gave for preferring to play Orlando was to get home court advantage.
The question is, how do you get fired up if the other side actually respects you?
The pundits are just idiots who have a 24 hour memory. Laker fans were subjected to three weeks of idiots like Jackson, Lengler, Barkley, Kenny Smith, Wilbon, and (oh the shame) even our own Magic call the Lakers an embarrassment and pick the Thuggets to win the series. So they win game 6 in Denver and now everyone is saying the Lakers are unbeatable (whispering the qualification "if they play every game as perfectly as they did in game 6).
Thinking your team will suddenly play at the same level as their best game of the postseason is just a child's fantasy. Series have ebbs and flows, where each team will be up and down.
It's only hindsight and media hype where one team gets "humiliated" because they get eliminated by losing badly in game 6 (does that sound familiar, fans?), while another team goes down "valiantly" when they get crushed in game 7.
The reality is, if a team stretches a series to 6 games, they were competitive and deserve to be applauded for their efforts.
The Magic are a great team and have a good shot at winning the championship.
Fans who know the game on both coasts pretty much agree that the point guard play will determine the series. If Alston plays great every night, Orlando could win in 5.
Having said that, I pick the Lakers in 6 or 7 games because he will have at least one off game in Orlando and a game 7 in Los Angeles will be a lot tougher than it was against the Celtics.
This will be an exciting, unpredictable series. Let's hope it's a clean, well fought series, one that people will talk about someday to their grandchildren!
Good luck, Magic (but no off balance prayers that bounce straight up off the back of the rim and go through the net as time expires in game 7 - I'm still scarred by that one).
Go Lakers!
Great post and thanks for coming in here with respect.

The Lakers are a great team and this should be an excellent series. You are absolutely right that the PG play will be big in this series. That's why many of us want all of our weapons back.
dang

France

#124 Jun 1, 2009
lol
Gator

Melbourne, FL

#125 Jun 1, 2009
Elias wrote:
"Relax Joe Biden..."
HEY TSTORM what's up with the name calling - that was uncalled for! I would call that unsportsmanlike you know what I mean?
Number 1, I have been a Lakers fan for almost 20 years - got hooked back when Magic J. defeated Portland in the Western Conference Finals but of course you probably don't know what I'm talking about considering how imature you sound. If I was to guess your age, you are probably...hmmm...fourteen?
Anyway, I am in no way worried about the Lakers. Believe me, when you've been watching closely the Lakers as long as I have (and long-time Lakers fans know what I'm talking about) you know when to worry about an opponent. Was I worried about Houston - yes - because of some match-up problems and the fact that the Lakers weren't in the mood to take them seriously, we we're worried.
As far as the Denver series I was not that nervous and before the series began, I called it Lakers in 6.
As far as worrying about the Lakers with regards to match-ups or showing up ready? I am not worried at all. I haven't been this excited about the Lakers winning a title nor this relaxed in a long, long time.
Oh and just for the record, the Lakers could care less if Nelson rejoins the Magic or not - they are in this to win big-time to avenge last year. It's a shame the good people of Orlando have to witness it.
"Get your head out of your **** and wake up. If you think it will be lakers in 5, you are dreaming."
Hey Jon, aren't you from the Magical World of Disney where the Magical Mickey Mouse team plays? I thought you guys were all about dreaming big?
And MAGIC FAN, I was talking to guys like you - the fans (Didn't I say that?) Unlike you, Lakers fans have watched the best franchise in the NBA play for the title many, many times (as recently as last year). The Lakers are the only franchise to have been in the NBA Finals at least once every decade since this league began back in the 1940's.
So I say again, are you nervous Magic fans?
You will be...
Oh ya, and MAGIC FAN learn how to spell: "Even Pat Reilly said..." It's Pat "Riley"
Nervous? No. Excited? Heck yeah! You guys deserve congratulations for making it to the NBA Finals. May the best team win...good luck!

GO MAGIC!!!
Magic Fan Mark

Clermont, FL

#126 Jun 1, 2009
Elias wrote:
As far as worrying about the Lakers with regards to match-ups or showing up ready? I am not worried at all. I haven't been this excited about the Lakers winning a title nor this relaxed in a long, long time.
Good. Maybe the Lakers will be as relaxed also and not take the Magic seriously. That will change quickly though.
Elias wrote:
Oh and just for the record, the Lakers could care less if Nelson rejoins the Magic or not
OK right about here I could be a jerk like you ask ask you if you are in the locker room and know what everyone is thinking.(remember that comment earlier that you spouted?)
Elias wrote:
they are in this to win big-time to avenge last year. It's a shame the good people of Orlando have to witness it.
Yes we are all familiar with the whole WITNESS thing. We were supposed to WITNESS Lebron's amazing run to the title also. So much for that plan. Pack up one of the puppets for the time being.
Elias wrote:
The Lakers are the only franchise to have been in the NBA Finals at least once every decade since this league began back in the 1940's.
Yes and that will be absolutely worthless later this week. Magic Johnson, Kareem, Worthy, Rambis...etc will not be suiting up and helping you out.
Elias wrote:
So I say again, are you nervous Magic fans?
You will be...
Oh ya, and MAGIC FAN learn how to spell: "Even Pat Reilly said..." It's Pat "Riley"
Why should we be nervous? We have the best team in the NBA playing here in Orlando and they are ready to face the best team out of the West. Nothing to be nervous about. Why are you nervous?

Yes I mis-spelled Pat Riley's name. I have a Sheltie named "Reilly" and I often make that mistake out of habit. Not a big deal since you knew who I meant right? PS: He's not coming back to help you guys either.

;)
john

Deland, FL

#127 Jun 1, 2009
orlandodolphin wrote:
If Jameer is out there, we have 3 all stars on the court....
Having three all stars doesn't mean anything. Look at the Lakers 4 years ago. They had Karl Malone, Gary Payton and Kobe and look what happened to them.

Anyway, all-star or not, Jammer will be rusty and he's going to get in Magic's way. I think he should come off the bench and see how he does in game 1. If he does poorly then SVG should know what to do. If he does well then maybe he should start again.
john

Deland, FL

#128 Jun 1, 2009
Elias wrote:
Seriously, is your argument that weak that you have to point people's typos?!? I think NBA Finals is the topic here, not the Spelling Bee! So stick to it.
LBJ

Converse, TX

#129 Jun 1, 2009
Speaking of the spelling bee some chick won the championship. On to the Lakers/Magic series its hard to tell who would win. Kobe is great player and all of L.A. obviously love the guy but he's not invincible. Orlando has the power to stop the dude. I'm not a betting man and would love to put some money on the series but personally wouldn't recommend doing so but if I were to put money on it I wouldn't know who to go with. The team whose more hungry and aggressive gonna win. It gonna be a big clash when those two meet.
chad edwards

Dayton, OH

#130 Jun 2, 2009
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Having three all stars doesn't mean anything. Look at the Lakers 4 years ago. They had Karl Malone, Gary Payton and Kobe and look what happened to them.
Anyway, all-star or not, Jammer will be rusty and he's going to get in Magic's way. I think he should come off the bench and see how he does in game 1. If he does poorly then SVG should know what to do. If he does well then maybe he should start again.
John, youre apples to oranges with your argument here. Yes, the lakers had payton and malone, but each were at least 6-7 years past their prime. Those guys never did have true chemistry. Second, and ive said this before, JAMEER IF HE PLAYS WILL NOT BE THE STARTER!!! He will be coming off the bench taking over anthony johnsons minutes, 10-15 per game. He will spell alston when he gets tired or in foul trouble. Now rusty or not, surely you believe he will contribute more than Johnson does right??>?
Robby in Altamonte

Orlando, FL

#135 Jun 2, 2009
I'm not concerned with Jameer's conditioning or team chemistry. He most certainly would know the other Magic players he would be on the court with, and even though he's been out he would do a decent job at running things simply because he was doing a fantastic job the first half of this season. But, if he goes out there and re-injures himself, that would put him out for half of next season. That is a risk that the team should NOT take, regardless.

As for the idiot Lakers AND Magic fans posting, get a grip. This isn't going to be a sweep in either direction. This is going to come down to which team has their A-game going throughout the series. It could go either way, even though the Lakers do have the history on their side. I'm actually not going to make a prediction on series win until I watch the first game. I think the teams are pretty evenly matched up when you add in the history of the 2 teams. Slight edge goes to the Lakers with home court... but as I said, it's about which team brings their A-game the most.

Go Magic!
Robby in Altamonte

Orlando, FL

#136 Jun 2, 2009
By the way, Elias... what is there to be nervous about? This is just a basketball series. It's not like I'm putting money on this. If I did that, then I would be nervous. But, I know better than to do such a stupid thing. I'd rather put my money on a nice bottle of vodka and know I would at least get some pleasure out of it!
Sammy

Canada

#137 Jun 2, 2009
Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim the prize?
well hell yea , he was salivating to go to the podium for the 11th yr. Congrats jimmy boy

“ Seal Of Democrat Party”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#138 Jun 5, 2009
Magic Fan Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. Maybe the Lakers will be as relaxed also and not take the Magic seriously. That will change quickly though.
<quoted text>
OK right about here I could be a jerk like you ask ask you if you are in the locker room and know what everyone is thinking.(remember that comment earlier that you spouted?)
<quoted text>Yes we are all familiar with the whole WITNESS thing. We were supposed to WITNESS Lebron's amazing run to the title also. So much for that plan. Pack up one of the puppets for the time being.
<quoted text>
Yes and that will be absolutely worthless later this week. Magic Johnson, Kareem, Worthy, Rambis...etc will not be suiting up and helping you out.
<quoted text>
Why should we be nervous? We have the best team in the NBA playing here in Orlando and they are ready to face the best team out of the West. Nothing to be nervous about. Why are you nervous?
Yes I mis-spelled Pat Riley's name. I have a Sheltie named "Reilly" and I often make that mistake out of habit. Not a big deal since you knew who I meant right? PS: He's not coming back to help you guys either.
;)
talk your crap now Big Mouth!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jameer Nelson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Maurice Harkless Still Be a Part of Orla... (Jan '14) Jan '14 edward 1
NBA notebook - Dec. 1 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lois 1
2013 NBA Draft: Analyzing Orlando Magic's Best ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 willkill 1
Garrett Temple helps Wizards break routine (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sandra J 1
Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
Reports: Magic start interviews for head coach;... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Lois 1
Schmitz' Take: Magic's new 30-year-old GM bette... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Lois 1
More from around the web