Magic's big question remains: Will Ja...

Magic's big question remains: Will Jameer Nelson play in NBA Fi...

There are 17 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 2, 2009, titled Magic's big question remains: Will Jameer Nelson play in NBA Fi.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

There's at least one guy who fully expects all-star point guard Jameer Nelson to play for the Orlando Magic in the NBA Finals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Northern Rebel

Essex, CT

#1 Jun 2, 2009
I've been moving from NY to Ct., so I haven't had the chance to say how happy I am for you Magic fans.

You took down the King!

I almost felt sorry for him. He is a class act. I can't wait to see him in in my beloved Celtics green!(wink) ;o

If you can succeed in playing KoMeMe man to man for long periods, Superman can contain Gasol inside, and all they got are threes, and you guys do that better than them.

I wish those guys all the success they are willing to work for, and that you fans get to feel the ecstasy of supporting the World Champions.

IT IS A SWEET FEELING!

Besides, I'm a Celtic fan, so you know how I feel about the Fakers.

Annoy the NBA! Good luck, and enjoy!
Northern Rebel

Essex, CT

#2 Jun 2, 2009
P.S.:
At least our medivac unit took you to 7 games!
marko

Oviedo, FL

#3 Jun 3, 2009
i like that otis smith and stan van gundy are at least taking a strong look at jameer nelson and seeing if he can help or hinder magic level of play....i dont think you just start jameer nelson,maybe off the bench...it takes time to get back into shape and at this hi level of basketball...so,whatever is best for magics run at championship!!
Swizzle

London, UK

#4 Jun 3, 2009
I don't think you mess w/ chemistry at this point...
Joe Comment

Mount Dora, FL

#5 Jun 3, 2009
Jameer is the type of player who could be effective in this situation. Mainly just getting down the floor quick and making quick decisions. He's young, I'm not worried about his legs. It's a matter if he can hit the 3 ball. We shall see. Stan will know how much to use him.

Also, reading the Laker forums and other press - sounds like the Lakers are counting on Andrew Bynum to keep Dwight at bay. After he fouls out or becomes obviously inefective - they go to Gasol or Odom. I know Dwight is going to make Bynum look bad but another Magic guy who doesn't get enough credit and always overlooked by the other team. Marcin Gortat will also outplay Bynum.

Finally, if we continue to hit 3's as well as we did v Cavs We will win the championship.
Aron

Orlando, FL

#6 Jun 3, 2009
Same thing I said on Monday: hope he doesn't reinjure himself if he does play. If he is ready and in game shape, he should at least see a few minutes a night to give Rafer a breather.
Jimmy

Orlando, FL

#7 Jun 3, 2009
Northern Rebel wrote:
P.S.:
At least our medivac unit took you to 7 games!
I liked you until you tried to qualify our victory. You were missing two rotation players. We were missing one. We each played without an all-star, the catalysts for both teams. Don't whine. The Magic are the better team.
Northern Rebel

Essex, CT

#8 Jun 3, 2009
Jimmy:
Wasn't whinin' dude.
Ask Nanningbob, or any regular thread poster. It aint my style.

Some people don't know how to converse without putdowns.

Maturity, James, give it a shot sometime.
mike

Vancouver, Canada

#9 Jun 3, 2009
Joe Comment wrote:
Jameer is the type of player who could be effective in this situation. Mainly just getting down the floor quick and making quick decisions. He's young, I'm not worried about his legs. It's a matter if he can hit the 3 ball. We shall see. Stan will know how much to use him.
Also, reading the Laker forums and other press - sounds like the Lakers are counting on Andrew Bynum to keep Dwight at bay. After he fouls out or becomes obviously inefective - they go to Gasol or Odom. I know Dwight is going to make Bynum look bad but another Magic guy who doesn't get enough credit and always overlooked by the other team. Marcin Gortat will also outplay Bynum.
Finally, if we continue to hit 3's as well as we did v Cavs We will win the championship.
wow, wait a minute. i thought u magic fans were smarter than that. do not make the mistake of putting the lakers in the same basket as the old celtic team or the cavs. the celts had a fat baby faced center who couldn't do anything to stop howard, the cavs really don't have a center, and a center isn't someone whos about 7 foot tall, but someone like howard who can pounce the boards. now, with the lakers, howard is in a war. bynum matches up very well with howard. of course howard is the best center in the league, but noone put a body on him throughout the playoffs so far, that will change with the lakers. howard will have to work his tail off for everything, and the lakers are gonna front him, he is not going to catch the deep ball in the paint. if it happens even once, phil will call a timeout and end that in a hurry. lakers are going to attack howard right down the gut, there is no way that by half time howard doesn't get at least 4 fouls. remember also, that the cavs never used defence much. laker excruciating defence will paralyze the magic. if jr smith and chauncey billups and carmelo couldn't get their shots, turkeyloo (who we know very well from sacramento days) and lewis (from the old sonics) won't get nothing done. let's not get carried away here orlando. u don't wanna wake up after a quick sweep and wonder what happened.
mike

Vancouver, Canada

#10 Jun 3, 2009
Northern Rebel wrote:
I've been moving from NY to Ct., so I haven't had the chance to say how happy I am for you Magic fans.
You took down the King!
I almost felt sorry for him. He is a class act. I can't wait to see him in in my beloved Celtics green!(wink) ;o
If you can succeed in playing KoMeMe man to man for long periods, Superman can contain Gasol inside, and all they got are threes, and you guys do that better than them.
I wish those guys all the success they are willing to work for, and that you fans get to feel the ecstasy of supporting the World Champions.
IT IS A SWEET FEELING!
Besides, I'm a Celtic fan, so you know how I feel about the Fakers.
Annoy the NBA! Good luck, and enjoy!
i don't think you are happy for magic fans, you are more the laker hater type. deep down inside, you feel the pain of losing to a deserving magic team in 7 games. the magic are a way better team than you and deserve to be in the finals. having said that, i wish my lakers were facing the celts in the finals again. while we admire the magic, words can't express what a laker fan feels towards the celts. it would be inappropriate to express that sentiment here. see you in the finals again 20 years later, which seems to be your new trend.
Jimmy

Orlando, FL

#11 Jun 3, 2009
Northern Rebel wrote:
Jimmy:
Wasn't whinin' dude.
No putdowns or immaturity here. You qualified the Magic victory. I was qualifying the Celtics loss. I guess I have to put a little :) my posts so people won't think I'm being mean.
Big_T

Apopka, FL

#12 Jun 3, 2009
right on jimmy tell that northern rebel whatsup. As for Mike from Burnaby Canada, first of all where the hell is burnaby. And ray from orlando says your a douchebag and is shocked that kobe hasnt given you a ring for sucking his slong so hard. hey.
Jimmy

Windermere, FL

#13 Jun 3, 2009
Northern Rebel wrote:
Jimmy:
Wasn't whinin' dude.
In your defense, Waterbury is the home of the great Happy Gilmore. Congratulations.
Joe Comment

Mount Dora, FL

#14 Jun 3, 2009
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, wait a minute. i thought u magic fans were smarter than that. do not make the mistake of putting the lakers in the same basket as the old celtic team or the cavs. the celts had a fat baby faced center who couldn't do anything to stop howard, the cavs really don't have a center, and a center isn't someone whos about 7 foot tall, but someone like howard who can pounce the boards. now, with the lakers, howard is in a war. bynum matches up very well with howard. of course howard is the best center in the league, but noone put a body on him throughout the playoffs so far, that will change with the lakers. howard will have to work his tail off for everything, and the lakers are gonna front him, he is not going to catch the deep ball in the paint. if it happens even once, phil will call a timeout and end that in a hurry. lakers are going to attack howard right down the gut, there is no way that by half time howard doesn't get at least 4 fouls. remember also, that the cavs never used defence much. laker excruciating defence will paralyze the magic. if jr smith and chauncey billups and carmelo couldn't get their shots, turkeyloo (who we know very well from sacramento days) and lewis (from the old sonics) won't get nothing done. let's not get carried away here orlando. u don't wanna wake up after a quick sweep and wonder what happened.
Dude your still counting on Bynum. Firstly, you know he plays soft. Every Laker fan hopes they finally get something out of him. Dwight has beaten better and Bynum is recovering from Knee injury and he's supposed to run and battle the beast for 7 games. Secondly, Dwight runs to be first underneath the basket on both ends and also cleans up missed shots. Turk and Lewis will use their experience to their advantage this time around.

If the Lakers lose their season is a disapointment. For the Magic , this is an opportunity of a lifetime. The Magic are going to be a tough out.
Jon

Orlando, FL

#15 Jun 3, 2009
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, its good to see Lakers fans over confident as usual. Bynum matches up well with Howard? You must be joking. Last time they played Howard had 20 rebounds to Bynums 3. And Turk and Lewis are 6'10. Who is going to keep them from getting their shots? I know youre from Canada, but try to have a little sense.
Jon

Orlando, FL

#16 Jun 3, 2009
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I was too easy on that post. Mike, tht was actually the dumbest post Ive ever read as far as basketball knowledge goes. Stick to hockey aaayyy.
michael

Orlando, FL

#17 Jun 3, 2009
I personally think that if jameer plays it will take away from what the magic is already accomplishing. With that being said, remember dwight making a comment about certain players being on the floor(enough said!)I also think it's more jameer wanting to come back than the team,don't get me wrong the team will welcome jameer with open arms, but i think in the back of jameer's mind he is looking and thinking about his future with the magic.The magic cant continue to pay him 6 million a year if and when they win the nba championship without him. GO MAGIC!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jameer Nelson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should Maurice Harkless Still Be a Part of Orla... (Jan '14) Jan '14 edward 1
News NBA notebook - Dec. 1 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lois 1
News 2013 NBA Draft: Analyzing Orlando Magic's Best ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 willkill 1
News Garrett Temple helps Wizards break routine (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sandra J 1
News Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
News Reports: Magic start interviews for head coach;... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Lois 1
News Schmitz' Take: Magic's new 30-year-old GM bette... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Lois 1
More from around the web