Face it, Orlando, we're lucky to be here

Sports fans are spoiled rotten little brats. I say that in the nicest possible way. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Basketball Fan

Los Angeles, CA

#66 Jun 15, 2009
The Magics mailed it in last night. Howard did a good post game interview and handled it like gentlemen unlike the self proclaimed "King".
Red in Denver

United States

#67 Jun 15, 2009
In Dwight Howard's post-game press conference after the Sunday fiasco, he indicated "We know what we need to do" in response to a question about next season.

We've heard that same response after losses in these playoffs; and my quesion is: "DO YOU??"

The Magic, as a team, seem to be manic-depressive. They play their butts off in a game; then in the next game, play as if they would rather be laying on the sofa, watching the game from afar.

It's hard for me to understand their lack of intensity and physicality in Sunday's game -- knowing that they would be watching the Laker's celebrate winning on the Magic's home court floor.

Really sad and incomprehensible.
GO MAGIC

Winter Park, FL

#68 Jun 15, 2009
dan wrote:
i hope the orlando sentinel fires this writer " were just lucky to be here" dude with the amount of news papers going out of business "your just lucky to have a job"
Couldn't have said it better myself...
Observer

United States

#69 Jun 15, 2009
When your expectations are low, anything above them is great. Right, Diaz? The writer needs to go back to writing political editorials.
Pnut

Lake Mary, FL

#70 Jun 15, 2009
Actually I did predict a Lakers-Magic Finals in October. With a healthy Battie, and acquiring underrated little used Petrius from GS. I figured that the starting five were going to be Dwight, Battie, Shard, Hedo, Jameer. That way we would have the height and strength with Petrius coming off the bench with possible 6th man implications.

C. Lee hadn't been displayed yet, so I didn't know how great he was going to be.

But yeah, I actually predicted this Finals. Just didn't know it was going to take a whole other path to get there.
george diaz

Cocoa Beach, FL

#72 Jun 15, 2009
for those of you who engaged in a genuine conversation about the game and my opinion, w/o some of the usual nonsense that goes on on these blogs, here's the update column that I wrote with about an hour to think things thru. The magic played like crap at times, but the better team won. And the guarantee is all part of the good-natured fun of writing on sports. I was wrong, but my world did not come down crashing down. I got to sleep this morning. HO-RAY!
thanks

if you can't get the link the update one that should have been posted thsi morning is now up

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-spo...
prince

Tuskegee Institute, AL

#73 Jun 15, 2009
did this guy really just start this article with a random quote off of someone's facebook page?....i dislike sportswriter and "analysts" more and more each day.
kman

Orlando, FL

#74 Jun 15, 2009
To Get A Clue: stick to what your city does best: looting and burning personal property. You and your city are an embarassment to your championship team.
Steve Callas

Long Beach, CA

#75 Jun 15, 2009
The Magic beat the hated Celtics and the Cavs. The are a good playoff team but the ran into a Championship Team. I read on the blog during the Cavs series a fans said" Whoever wins the East will be champions because I cant imagine the Nuggets or the Lakers beating the Cavs or my Magic. All I can say is 'Can you imagine it NOW?" This Championship was just Magical!
Terry

Plano, TX

#76 Jun 15, 2009
PJO wrote:
Ah man this stings! The second quarter took all their fight out of them I am afraid. So many errors in two games that coulda and shoulda been theirs.
We've been through more than our share of heartache in the 20 years the Magic have been here. BUT...with this team things did turn the tide and hopefully they can return next year.
LA has a great organization full of tradition and pride. So congrats to them. To have appeared in 30 Finals and won 15 of them...wow. They are a good team...and definately have the best in the biz in Kobe. So...(gulp) hats off the the Lakers.(I just wish their fans weren't so frikkin obnoxious)
TY Magic for a great season. You went waaaaay beyond what anyone dreamed. Now build on it and get back to the Finals next season.
Not all Lakers fans are obnoxious. I know some of us can be insufferable, but I congratulated the Magic on a superb season. Fans like you are what makes sports rivalries enjoyable ;)
Terry

Plano, TX

#77 Jun 15, 2009
Rob Maxwell wrote:
Typical cynical sentinel. Bianchi contributes but this guy feels the need to always take the negative road. Too bad for him. As a reader pointed out, he's lucky to have a job--so maybe he sould embrace his community. I'm proud of the Magic. They had one heck of a year. Each year since we drafted Dwight, we've gotten better. This was just the next natural step. Lakers lost in the finals last year--this year they won. We're on the same path.
This guy is TOTALLY incorrect. The Magic EARNED the right to play for a title. Orlando can learn from the Lakers. The Lakers were beat by a hungrier team in the Boston Celtics (though I hate them SO much). Orlando can get back to the NBA Finals with hard work and belief in themselves.
Terry

Plano, TX

#78 Jun 15, 2009
Magicred4u wrote:
Has everyone forgot that we are the Eastern Champions? Does anyone believe that this is the end? If so go away we don't need you. A year ago the Lakers were licking their wounds after being trounced by the Celtics in the Finals. What did they do? They worked hard, earned the support of their fans, and won the trophy that eluded them a year prior. O.K team and fans...lets do it too in 2010!
Well said.
Rockstar Matt

Hermosa Beach, CA

#79 Jun 15, 2009
"This was a series that the Magic could have won and if you are a Magic player and don't think that way then you should play for the Clippers."

Dude no! Not even I, a Laker fan, would condemn anyone to play for the Clippers!

Anyways, ignore these relentless, obnoxious Laker Fans. I hate it when our fans do this. Why can't our fans let our game do the talking? We won and we're Champs, but we should leave it at that. We shouldn't relentlessly let them know about it.(Except for fans who just hate the Lakers just because. But not the classy fans. But Laker Haters. Go Right ahead..) Don't we remember how crappy we felt after we lost last year?? I think we should and celebrate with class because, for the most part, Magic fans have been nothing but class. From what I've seen and read, nothing but class. So I credit you guys. I know exactly how you feel having gone through the same thing last year.
LTV

Riverside, CA

#80 Jun 16, 2009
Phil Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of a loser Laker's fan has time to read the orlando sentinel online and make posts from California?? Are you really ugly, fat, play world of warcraft with a crap job and lots of free time? sounds like it.
Watch it, you're getting tears in your milk...now turn off mommy's computer and stfu.
LTV

Riverside, CA

#81 Jun 16, 2009
kman wrote:
To Get A Clue: stick to what your city does best: looting and burning personal property. You and your city are an embarassment to your championship team.
Now now...relax and take a deep breath. Lawbreakers are in every city, and you shouldn't make assumptions based on the actions of a few idiots. At Wednesday's parade you'll see what true Laker fans like to do best...celebrate yet another championship in style and honor the team that others just love to h8.
chico santana

Florham Park, NJ

#82 Jun 17, 2009
hey george lopez you are wrong because the magic were robbed by corrupt paid off refs and the nba fixed the games. I know you wont say a peep about the refs cause your scared for your job but i will. The refs decided this series and they tried to rob the magic vs the cavs. the magic just stuck to their rotations you know that guy named AJ? the refs robbed the nuggets so the lakers were not even suppossed to be in the finals. Talk about playing on house money. the lakers were the nba's big money ticket and they cashed in. Who is gonna question the nba fixing games? Politcians? Wall street, the law? their all corrupt too. This series was paid off and the nba lost even more respect from fans worldwide again. The true fans know the nba is crooked and the rig games. the press needs to show like a spec of courage and write about it.

cowards
john

Deland, FL

#83 Jun 24, 2009
Steve wrote:
Face it Orlando, without one man named Walt Disney, no one would even hear of this town. We owe it all to Walt, and no one but Walt.
You're such an idiot. Well let me point this out to you Captain Obvious. Without celebs then LA is just another Mexico City polluting our air. How about that? Your Disney LAND is a joke. I can walk and ride on every ride in that park before someone can finish taking a dump in the bathroom. Sure Lakers would probably be the same team but no one goes to LA, let alone other cities, to watch a NBA game. People go there because of the celebs. That's it.

And by the way, we have more than just Disney World. We have Universal and Islands of Adventure and Sea World. That's more attractions LA can ever have besides celebs watching.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jameer Nelson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Maurice Harkless Still Be a Part of Orla... (Jan '14) Jan '14 edward 1
NBA notebook - Dec. 1 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lois 1
2013 NBA Draft: Analyzing Orlando Magic's Best ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 willkill 1
Garrett Temple helps Wizards break routine (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sandra J 1
Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
Reports: Magic start interviews for head coach;... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Lois 1
Schmitz' Take: Magic's new 30-year-old GM bette... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Lois 1

Jameer Nelson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE