Face it, Orlando, we're lucky to be here

Face it, Orlando, we're lucky to be here

There are 77 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 14, 2009, titled Face it, Orlando, we're lucky to be here. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Sports fans are spoiled rotten little brats. I say that in the nicest possible way.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Get A Clue

Wilmington, DE

#2 Jun 14, 2009
Stick to what your city does best: amusement parks.
Nope

Orlando, FL

#3 Jun 14, 2009
Get A Clue wrote:
Yesterday you guaranteed a win.
Today you make excuses for them and basically say they don't even deserve 2nd place.
Make up your mind, you rucking fetard.
I can't believe the Sentinel pays their sportswriters for publishing such complete
S
H
I
T.
LOL!
Go away, loser! You're just an a-hole on every thread, on every topic. Nothing but a troublemaking [email protected]
Nope

Orlando, FL

#4 Jun 14, 2009
Oh, im case the **** confuses you, that was a-z-z-(w)-h-o-l-e.
BigFishInLittleP ond

Carrollton, TX

#5 Jun 14, 2009
What a MORON!!!!! Make up your mind!!!!!
soldier

Richardson, TX

#6 Jun 14, 2009
Get A Clue wrote:
Won the East Conference. Haha...we will stick to what we do best
soldier

Richardson, TX

#7 Jun 14, 2009
Gr8t job for a young team...NBA record East Conf Championship...we'll be back..Gr8t Job Magic!
No Doubt

Merritt Island, FL

#8 Jun 14, 2009
I respect your articles and contributions normally, but I must disagree with you this time, Mr. Diaz. This was a series that the Magic could have won and if you are a Magic player and don't think that way then you should play for the Clippers.

The Magic, as a team, gave up in this game and I am embarrassed for them. It is obvious from the televised team huddles that they tune SVG out. That's a shame because he got them to this point. Who do the players think could have taken them further? I am not in the locker room and the practices so I can't really pinpoint the exact problem. What seems apparent to me however is that for whatever reason, players that should be playing, are not. Gortat should have gotten more minutes. His energy and production are evident every time he is out there. Although they have somewhat different skill sets, Lewis and Turk duplicate themselves out there. Because of the size of the contract, I would trade Lewis (Houston?) and take back a tradional PF and future draft picks to ease the cap number. I would re-sign Turk and Gortat. Point guard would require more than a couple of organizational meetings. The PG position should be your leader.
I was struck by the lack of energy and focus tonight by the Magic. Were they aware they were in the NBA finals? It sure didn't seem like it. It seemed like they were content to let LA win. I'm sure tomorrow I will have more thoughts on this but the Magic wasted an opportunity for a title and they didn't even seem to care. There was no sense of urgency at all.
Get A Clue

Wilmington, DE

#9 Jun 14, 2009
soldier wrote:
<quoted text>
we will stick to what we do best
CHOKE.
You're the best at it!
Psychoriasis

Bethesda, MD

#10 Jun 14, 2009
George, you have to realize that the series was over when DFish hit that game-tying 3 in Game 4. Game 5 was just a formality.

The Magic had a great run. The Lakers deserve this one.
dan

Orlando, FL

#11 Jun 14, 2009
i hope the orlando sentinel fires this writer " were just lucky to be here" dude with the amount of news papers going out of business "your just lucky to have a job"
magic janitor

Vancouver, WA

#12 Jun 14, 2009
can some one help me clean all this champagne in the visitng locker room
Phil Jackson

United States

#13 Jun 14, 2009
magic janitor wrote:
can some one help me clean all this champagne in the visitng locker room
What kind of a loser Laker's fan has time to read the orlando sentinel online and make posts from California?? Are you really ugly, fat, play world of warcraft with a crap job and lots of free time? sounds like it.
nobody

Daytona Beach, FL

#14 Jun 14, 2009
Well, I'm sure the magic will get another shot at it, in about 14 years.

P.S. These commentaries are of poor quality. I think they should take more time to gather their thoughts, as well as run a grammar check. Making a tongue-in-check assertion that Sports fans are "spoiled rotten little brats," just seems like poor taste.
Terry

Cedar Hill, TX

#16 Jun 14, 2009
As a Lakers fan I want to congratulate the Orlando Magic on a competitive series and a class organization. I hope the Magic can reflect on the success this team had. I know losing hurts as a fan (last year's loss to Boston stung), but your team exceeded expectations. With a healthy Jameer Nelson and possibly resigned Hedo Turk, Orlando should be back in the thick of things.
Terry

Cedar Hill, TX

#17 Jun 14, 2009
soldier wrote:
Gr8t job for a young team...NBA record East Conf Championship...we'll be back..Gr8t Job Magic!
Spoken like a true fan :)
bocaG

Delray Beach, FL

#18 Jun 14, 2009
Get A Clue wrote:
And what exactly does your city do best?
What is the point of Delaware. If it were gone I wouldnt miss it. Would anyone, I doubt it. I propose Delaware become part of Pennsylvania, or Maryland, or any state, it doesnt really matter. Fourty Nine states is plenty, and we wont have to waste out time worrying about delaware. I cant even name a single thing in Delaware. A person from Delaware? I dont think so. They dont even have TV stations, and that sucks.
downtown resident

AOL

#19 Jun 14, 2009
Win or lose, always be a magic fan as long as I live in Orlando.
Jimi Streets

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#20 Jun 14, 2009
Thought you guaranteed a victory, Senor Diaz?! This series was simply a case of a better coached, more talented, better executing team figuring out then dismantling a good team. If the series was best 7 out of 13, the Lakers would have won each succeeding game by ever widening margins because they had found the Magic's weaknesses and exploited them, basically figuring the Magic out. As long as the Lakers remain intact the rest of the league will always be looking up at them...
Jimi Streets

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#21 Jun 14, 2009
No Doubt wrote:
I respect your articles and contributions normally, but I must disagree with you this time, Mr. Diaz. This was a series that the Magic could have won and if you are a Magic player and don't think that way then you should play for the Clippers.
The Magic, as a team, gave up in this game and I am embarrassed for them. It is obvious from the televised team huddles that they tune SVG out. That's a shame because he got them to this point. Who do the players think could have taken them further? I am not in the locker room and the practices so I can't really pinpoint the exact problem. What seems apparent to me however is that for whatever reason, players that should be playing, are not. Gortat should have gotten more minutes. His energy and production are evident every time he is out there. Although they have somewhat different skill sets, Lewis and Turk duplicate themselves out there. Because of the size of the contract, I would trade Lewis (Houston?) and take back a tradional PF and future draft picks to ease the cap number. I would re-sign Turk and Gortat. Point guard would require more than a couple of organizational meetings. The PG position should be your leader.
I was struck by the lack of energy and focus tonight by the Magic. Were they aware they were in the NBA finals? It sure didn't seem like it. It seemed like they were content to let LA win. I'm sure tomorrow I will have more thoughts on this but the Magic wasted an opportunity for a title and they didn't even seem to care. There was no sense of urgency at all.
The reason the Magic appeared to mail it in was because the Lakers had succeeded in ripping their hearts out. They were no doubt trying their utmost, but they simply were out coached and out played by a superior team...
Jimi Streets

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#22 Jun 14, 2009
Phil Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of a loser Laker's fan has time to read the orlando sentinel online and make posts from California?? Are you really ugly, fat, play world of warcraft with a crap job and lots of free time? sounds like it.
Spoken like a bitter loser. Try not to beat up your wife or kids tonight...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jameer Nelson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should Maurice Harkless Still Be a Part of Orla... (Jan '14) Jan '14 edward 1
News NBA notebook - Dec. 1 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lois 1
News 2013 NBA Draft: Analyzing Orlando Magic's Best ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 willkill 1
News Garrett Temple helps Wizards break routine (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sandra J 1
News Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
News Reports: Magic start interviews for head coach;... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Lois 1
News Schmitz' Take: Magic's new 30-year-old GM bette... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Lois 1
More from around the web