Jameer Nelson closer to getting nod f...

Jameer Nelson closer to getting nod for NBA Finals

There are 106 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 2, 2009, titled Jameer Nelson closer to getting nod for NBA Finals. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Orlando Magic point guard Jameer Nelson looks to be closer to playing in the NBA Finals against the Los Angeles Lakers as observers said he was flying down the floor, running with the second team in Tuesday's practice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Life's a Beach”

Since: Dec 07

Cocoa Beach

#109 Jun 3, 2009
LMAO wrote:
The more playing time they give Jameer the sooner the Lakers can get the series over with.
PLAY JAMEER!
:)
Get lost loser. You said we wouldn't make the playoffs, then you said we wouldn't get through the 1st round, then you said we couldn't beat the Celtics, then you got lost for a while, but I'm sure you were thinking we can't beat the Cavs...now guess what you show up again to say we are going to lose to the Lakers. Get a life loser!

Your basketball IQ is in the high 20's.
Madonna Wayne Gacy

Los Angeles, CA

#110 Jun 3, 2009
LMAO wrote:
The more playing time they give Jameer the sooner the Lakers can get the series over with.
PLAY JAMEER!
:)
Don't you mean JJ?
Madonna Wayne Gacy

Los Angeles, CA

#111 Jun 3, 2009
Mamba24 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all Cleveland is over rated. I picked Orlando to beat the Cavs. To say they are the best team is wrong. For one they play in the weak Eastern Confrence. For two KG went down so who knows if they would have beat them out of the east. For the Lakers to almost have the same record as the Cavs playing in the western confrence and having Bynum lost for half the season is amazing. So the best team in the regular season based on body of work to me was the purple and gold. You bragging about beating a KG less Celtic team? Come on now. Also defeating the MVP of the current season is not new. The last time the MVP of that same season won the title was Duncan when they beat the Knicks. Ever since then the MVP has not won the title. The Cavs are a bunch of midgets with stiff at the center position. Your Magic will be playing against a more longer, athletic and skilled team now. I don't see how the Magic can be tougher than the Nuggets. The Nuggets had Billups and his leadership, an elite scorer in Melo and a guy that could have easily be the 6th man of the year that can get 20 off the bench in a flash in JR Smith. Orlando is a good team. I just think Denver was the toughest team they will face.
This is the problem I have with these kind of posters. KG was out...Powe was out...(Insert players name here)was out. Just because a player is out does not mean the rest of the team has forgotten how to play the game of basketball. BTW....Jameer was out. They still have to preform at the same level they were playing at when that player went down. The Magic had to do it in Philly to close the series out. That's what seperates good teams (Cleveland) from great teams (Orlando).

That dead whipped horse is rotting in the Florida sun. Boston lost and we are on to the Finals. Next year when all the Boston players are healthy and they lose again, you can use the excuse of the team was tired after the overtime round with Chicago this year and they never recovered.

Magic in 6 and Dwight is the Finals MVP...once again denying Kobe the award and 4th ring.

GO MAGIC!!
Madonna Wayne Gacy

Los Angeles, CA

#112 Jun 3, 2009
L.A. Lakers = Over rated, Over hyped, under preforming.

Kobe is the best player on the team (and in the NBA. There is no Kobe/LeBron debate). D Fisher, P Gasol, and (please don't make me laugh )Bynum/Odom can not match the Magic. Too many 3's will be your reward if you try to shut Dwight down.(please use the "Hack a Dwight plan) Dwight has been hitting his free throws and will get his points that way too. I will say that Kobe is going to get his. There is no way to stop him from doing it. The rest of the Laker team has to be shut down, and Orlando should be able to do that with no problem. Lakers fans should not take this Finals lightly. You are finally going to see the best kept secret in the NBA when the Magic hit the floor Thursday night.

To quote Ryan Seacrest..."Lakers Out!"

I look forward to an entertaining finals and may the best team (Magic in 6) win!!!!
Luis

Richardson, TX

#113 Jun 3, 2009
Mamba24 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the best offensive team you will face so why not let Howard score 40? When he did you guys barely cracked 100. The Lakers crack 100 on the regular so I like those odds buddy. Yea I want to see Pietrus make some smart decisions when driving to the hoop. I seen more Pietrus than you guys living in the bay area watching a ton of Warriors games and Kobe chews him up for dinner. Lebron made dude look good lol. Lebron still got his points. The problem with Bron Bron is he is not as good a jump shooter as Kobe so Pietrus give Kobe that jumper like you was giving Bron.
Lol the Lakers being the best defensive team... LMAO,,, We averaged like what 107 ppg against the Lakers during the regular season... probably the best defensive team we faced in the playoffs was the Celtics,,,,, Kobe won't be able to drive to the lane like he did after Yao Ming went down,,, which we should be facing Houston not LA
chad edwards

Austin, TX

#114 Jun 3, 2009
Luis wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol the Lakers being the best defensive team... LMAO,,, We averaged like what 107 ppg against the Lakers during the regular season... probably the best defensive team we faced in the playoffs was the Celtics,,,,, Kobe won't be able to drive to the lane like he did after Yao Ming went down,,, which we should be facing Houston not LA
Luis, read closer there, mamba actually said lakers best OFFENSIVE team, not defensive. As far as we should be facing houston??? What?! Lakers beat Rockets fair and square, then they went on to get through denver alot easier than i expected. Lakers to me are a much more mature, offensively polished and bigger team than cleveland, so Id by lying if i said i didnt have my concerns going in, but thats why we play the games. GO MAGIC. This is a very winnable series, cant wait for tomorrow night, but Im nervous as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jameer Nelson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should Maurice Harkless Still Be a Part of Orla... (Jan '14) Jan '14 edward 1
News NBA notebook - Dec. 1 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lois 1
News 2013 NBA Draft: Analyzing Orlando Magic's Best ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 willkill 1
News Garrett Temple helps Wizards break routine (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sandra J 1
News Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
News Reports: Magic start interviews for head coach;... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Lois 1
News Schmitz' Take: Magic's new 30-year-old GM bette... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Lois 1
More from around the web