Magic, Stan fail at basics

Magic, Stan fail at basics

There are 117 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 12, 2009, titled Magic, Stan fail at basics. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

If and when L.A. closes out the Magic to win the NBA championship, it will be portrayed nationally as the grand restoration of the storied Lakers, the coronation of Kobe Bryant as one of the greatest champions the game has ever known and the crowning of Phil Jackson as the most decorated coach in NBA history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
blue white ignite

AOL

#107 Jun 13, 2009
USC Marshall Alum wrote:
<quoted text>
Orlando is the sixth most dangerous city in America. Congrats! I am happy you enjoy living in Orlando!
I love Orlando..No Burning cars, no rapists on our team. Love it.
Kobe cheats ask his wife

AOL

#108 Jun 13, 2009
If the Magic can hang on and win game 5. All the pressure is back on the rapist.
USC Marshall Alum

United States

#109 Jun 13, 2009
blue white ignite wrote:
<quoted text>
Orlando is the sixth most dangerous city in America. Your probably one of the criminals living there. Have fun! Orlando sounds amazing!
rob67

Los Angeles, CA

#110 Jun 13, 2009
Kobe cheats ask his wife wrote:
If the Magic can hang on and win game 5. All the pressure is back on the rapist.

So original! I heard the same crap when Houston and Denver's ships were sinking. Don't cry too much on Sunday!
USC Marshall Alum

United States

#111 Jun 13, 2009
The whole Lakers team has "raped" the Orlando Magic on the court. Yup, I guess you can call them "rapists"
rob67

Los Angeles, CA

#112 Jun 13, 2009
blue white ignite wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, only mothers who kill there little girls and claim kidnapping!

You must be so proud!
Kobe cheats ask his wife

AOL

#113 Jun 13, 2009
USC Marshall Alum wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole Lakers team has "raped" the Orlando Magic on the court. Yup, I guess you can call them "rapists"
Nope, didnt call "them" rapists.. Just 24.
Water Boy

Fullerton, CA

#114 Jun 13, 2009
<quoted text>
Well Just think, The NBA is about to crown #24 the Finals MVP.... A Rapist... Way to go kobe, You deserved it Buddy!

If you want to win a championship, cheat on your wife like Kobe & Michael Jordan!
USC Marshall Alum

United States

#115 Jun 14, 2009
<quoted text>
The Lakers have "raped" the Orlando Magic on the basketball court (see previous posts). I know you singled out a "member" of the Lakers, a.k.a. rapist. Kobe, a member of Lakers, is a "rapist" and the Lakers collectively are "rapists."

“ JUSTICE CON'T”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#116 Jun 14, 2009
I agrede with usc the laker hae raped the orlando magic on the course,
Miguel Esteban

Orlando, FL

#117 Jun 14, 2009
Plastering "Stan Van Goofy" across the front page of the Slantinel the day before the last home game of the Finals was disgraceful & shows how disconnected your newspaper is from our community. When will Tribune Media shutdown this podunk city paper? Y'all have more advertisements than stories & are a cheerleader for everything mainstream without a critical eye toward anything except when you pull BS like this!
Terry

Cedar Hill, TX

#118 Jun 14, 2009
blue white ignite wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do people feel the need to make this comments? I know losing hurts as a fan, but personal remarks on a city is uncalled for whether you live in Orlando or California. Let's act like adults people.
Terry

Cedar Hill, TX

#119 Jun 14, 2009
Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Just think, The NBA is about to crown #24 the Finals MVP.... A Rapist... Way to go kobe, You deserved it Buddy!
If you want to win a championship, cheat on your wife like Kobe & Michael Jordan!
AGAIN....how does this relate to basketball? I'm not defending Kobe, but his play on the court is exemplary. Judging him off it has NOTHING to do with his level of skills.
Terry

Cedar Hill, TX

#120 Jun 14, 2009
What ever happened to GOOD sportsmanship? People who masquerade as fans feel the need to make derisive comments about specific athletes or the cities they play in. These comments are often stated when their favorite team LOSES. As a fan it hurts, but exuding a level of maturity and class separates adults from children. Some people have referred to Kobe as a rapist, and yet he wasn't convicted of the allegation. That's not my Laker bias talking, that's a fact. If you don't like him as a player that's fine. You are entitled and have that right. But people go sporting events to see athletes perform. We analyze the player...not person.

In victory I didn't hear any fans refer to Kobe as the rapist, but in defeat some have called him that. I'm not defending his actions off the basketball court. But tonight's game was a chapter in his professional life...not personal.
Water Boy

Fullerton, CA

#121 Jun 14, 2009
Terry wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN....how does this relate to basketball? I'm not defending Kobe, but his play on the court is exemplary. Judging him off it has NOTHING to do with his level of skills.
You didnt read into my post, I was fffucking with that guy..here, join in on the fun...

http://www.topix.com/forum/nba/los-angeles-la...
Terry

Cedar Hill, TX

#122 Jun 14, 2009
bettyboop wrote:
<quoted text>
I say it was a fluke because they wouldn't be here if KG was not injured. The 2 regular season games where Bos beat Orl, was with KG. The 2 games Orl won, were without KG. Cleveland matches up with Bos better. I don't think Lakers would have swept Cle, but I do know now, the size advantage they have would definitely have resulted in Lakers winning.
My father said the same thing about the Lakers size being a significant factor.
Big time Laker fan

Dublin, CA

#123 Jun 16, 2009
You guys are such a bunch of whiny babies. Just like the Kings fans earlier this decade when the Lakers dominated them. They blamed Adelman for this, Bibby for that, and Webber for this. You know, Fisher DID hit that three pointer, right? If he missed, you wouldn't mind so much that Jameer didn't close in... or that Howard missed the free throws... or that SVG didn't call the right defensive scheme. Please. You keep saying, "Fish is a clutch shooter! How could you let him shoot?" Well, Fish was 0 for 5 from the arc up to that point. And Fish hasn't been clutch since 2004 (the 0.4 shot). Don't get me wrong... I love Fish... but you guys talk about him like he's Robert-freaking-Horry. Give me a break. The Lakers were just the better team and that's all there is to it. Leave SVG alone. He took your sorry @$$ team to the Finals when they weren't suppose to get past the Celtics, much less the Cavs. I guess you going to go cry to mommy that Turkoglu is going to leave you ungrateful fans. Maybe to join Lebron? That would be one Cavs team I'd like to see the Lakers beat in the Finals next year. Better yet, with KG back, time for the Lakers to get their revenge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jameer Nelson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should Maurice Harkless Still Be a Part of Orla... (Jan '14) Jan '14 edward 1
News NBA notebook - Dec. 1 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lois 1
News 2013 NBA Draft: Analyzing Orlando Magic's Best ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 willkill 1
News Garrett Temple helps Wizards break routine (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sandra J 1
News Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
News Reports: Magic start interviews for head coach;... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Lois 1
News Schmitz' Take: Magic's new 30-year-old GM bette... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Lois 1
More from around the web