First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#21 Jun 11, 2009
Ryan Blanco wrote:
Seriously, what are you people watching? Jameer has struggled, but it is not like AJ was lighting it up. AJ is a PG who doesn't handle the ball. When AJ is in the game, Hedo handles the ball 90% of the time. Just because the Magic are struggling in the playoffs does not mean this is a cause and effect situation. The Lakers are a FAR superior team to Cleveland. Maybe that is part of the problem.
Real fans know the truth, Jameer. And watch, if he has big game, all of these fickle fans will change their mind in two seconds.
he's just being a ballhog

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#22 Jun 11, 2009
marko wrote:
magic will win game 4 and 5!!!
and then the pressure is all over the lakers!!!!
i hope so
Gigi

Delray Beach, FL

#23 Jun 11, 2009
The Magic were playing great and winning without Jameer Nelson. If he was in fact a class act and not so selfish, he would have told the coaches he will sit out the finals and not play. Anyone can see he is not the same as before the injury. When he is in the game the team looks "off" and they lost their rythm. He missed two big free throws in the 4th quarter of game two. I pray he doesn't play the rest of the series, because if he plays more minutes the Magic will lose.
Gigi

Delray Beach, FL

#24 Jun 11, 2009
XeroX wrote:
The team that won those play off games should finish this tremendous run... for some reason Nelson is a better passer to the other team than to his own....
Amen -- in the few minutes he has played he has made costly mistakes. Just not worth it (playing him for his ego).
marko

Oviedo, FL

#25 Jun 11, 2009
go magic!!! if magic win game 4 and 5...lakers will panick!!! oh yes they will!!
Forrest Trump

Orlando, FL

#26 Jun 11, 2009
I'd still stick with Jameer for 1 or 2 more games. Just on potential alone triumphs AJ.
marko

Oviedo, FL

#27 Jun 11, 2009
i say start alston!!! and bring jameer off bench,then see who has hotter hand!! go with that guy!!
but turk is the playmaker most time anyway,the guy draws a lot of attention,and can create!!!
Travis

United States

#28 Jun 11, 2009
I agree Beetlejuice (AJ) needs to go back to being 2nd string and Jam should be the 3rd emergency pg. Beetle is a pro's pro and a solid veteran, he will perform just fine when called upon.
marc steven Etienne

Nashua, NH

#29 Jun 11, 2009
The magic should stop acting like their just glad to be there!!They should stop being in aw of the fakers.Stop falling for their "where the mighty lakers" head games.Play the same game that got you there!!and then KICK THEIR LA LA LAND BUTTS!!!!!
George

Los Angeles, CA

#30 Jun 11, 2009
Are you Magic fans smoking your socks? Talk about a collective low basketball IQ, jeez Louise! It's obvious Jameer Nelson should be in the starting line-up and playing 48 minutes, plus overtime minutes as needed. After all, he's an all-star. Sit that lousy Rafer Alston down immediately! Give Nelson three or four more games to shake off the four-months worth of cob-webs and he'll be just fine. While you're at it, give J.J. Redneck some more minutes as well. Come on people, get a clue.

By the way, you're all invited to the Laker Victory Parade in Los Angeles. Stan Van Dummy will be receiving a special coaching award during the parade ;)
Wojtek

New Port Richey, FL

#31 Jun 11, 2009
SVG should've played Johnson and I hope he will play him, he still got it and so many times he provided with more than just a spark. Play HIM!!!
George

Los Angeles, CA

#32 Jun 11, 2009
Jeez, I can't believe they censored J.J. R.e.d.n.e.c.k
ADD

United States

#33 Jun 11, 2009
At least he's not complaining about being benched if that's what Van Gundy decides to do. The only thing I worry about is I don't think AJ would do much better in the game than Jameer. AJ is not as good of a ball handler, and can't physically keep up with either of LA's point guards, Fisher or Farmer.
ADD

United States

#34 Jun 11, 2009
codmuffin wrote:
<quoted text> he's just being a ballhog
No, he's actually doing what a PG is supposed to do when in the game. He directs the offense. That requires him to handle the ball. Any good PG does this. This is why you see him dribble into the paint. He's trying to break down the defense to create either an assist to open player or his own points. That's what a PG does. The reason you think he's a ball hog is becuase AJ really isn't a PG cause when he's in, Turk handles the ball more than him mostly. And the only move Alston has is when he drives into the paint for one of his schoolyard shots. Nelson is the only true PG on this team, he's just coming back from an injury. He shouldn't have been in this series. Otis should have stayed with his words before. But if he plays, I hope he does well, cause when he does well so do the rest of the Magic.

GO MAGIC!!!
Magic Fan

Saint Cloud, FL

#35 Jun 11, 2009
I like the way Jameer is handling this. It's not Jameer's decision to play. It's ultimately Van Gundy's decision. If there's a person to point fingers at about all this, it should be at SVG. Limit Jameer's mins and get back to the Alston/AJ combo. AJ is a really SOLID backup and he has the size to match up to LA's PG's. Nelson was just so undersized compared the the lakers backcourt
Taz-man

Austin, TX

#36 Jun 11, 2009
I bet he comes out one of these games and carries us....
Jameer is pure heart and solid play.
He'll keep pushing and pushing and never stop.
I was his biggest critic and wanted him traded.....but he kept doing the same thing and came out an All star...
Simply amazing.
LMAO

AOL

#37 Jun 11, 2009
Typical loser. I dont care if I play or not attitude.
Everyone was on JJ's buttwhen he wanted to play and said so... now Nelson can care less. I dont see Otis coming out and making his "all good players want to play" speech. Plaus, it's more fun to watch Jameer and Ty Lue tell each other jokes on the bench while the magic are losing the game.
:)
Gator

Merritt Island, FL

#38 Jun 11, 2009
Fortunately, Gundy has the opportunity to choose between three amazing players. Jameer is a returning all-star; Alston has been red hot; and AJ has proven solid performances. If any one of them turns cold, Gundy can rotate the other two to keep the position strong. I trust his judgment...SVG knows how to make the right adjustments.

GO MAGIC!!!
Laker-guy

Orlando, FL

#40 Jun 12, 2009
Jameer? he is the best point guard PERIOD ! Remember?

hahahaha awwwhahaha

toma, toma loooosers

he was, is, and always will be just a scum.

Magics went to playoff because he was out. loosing now because...he is playing more than 1 minute.

hahahaha .. time will give the reason, always works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jameer Nelson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should Maurice Harkless Still Be a Part of Orla... (Jan '14) Jan '14 edward 1
News NBA notebook - Dec. 1 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lois 1
News 2013 NBA Draft: Analyzing Orlando Magic's Best ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 willkill 1
News Garrett Temple helps Wizards break routine (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sandra J 1
News Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
News Reports: Magic start interviews for head coach;... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Lois 1
News Schmitz' Take: Magic's new 30-year-old GM bette... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Lois 1
More from around the web