Time for O'Neal to say goodbye?

Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird's pet phrase is that he will trade anybody if it improves the team. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Ben

Brisbane, Australia

#148 Apr 23, 2007
All are way unrealistic and don't make sence for teams other then the pacers.
Chris

Kokomo, IN

#149 Apr 23, 2007
All your trade options are terrible and prove how overpaid (by the Pacers) and overrated (by you) he is. If Jermaine really wants to help the Pacers, he should take a huge pay cut, because he's not worth $20 million. Then the team could spend some money on bringing in some real help, which they basically need at every position on the floor. When your superstar is really a number 2 or 3 option, and you're paying guys like Dunleavy and Murphy to help you not make the playoffs, the last thing you need is to cook up some terrible trade ideas just because you think you know how to work the cap figures. If the Pacers want to improve, they have to get real about what's wrong with the team. Jamaal Tinsley is not a starting point guard for a successful team. JO is not a #1 nor is Granger a #2. Dunleavy and Murphy are 7th and 8th guys, just ask Don Nelson, who got his team to the playoffs. Since the only one of those guys that is remotely tradeable is Granger since he's not overpaid and still has some upside, then maybe that's the only way to go. Problem is, you can't teach or coach leadership. Darrel Armstrong is their only leader. Guys on the block out there like Maggette, perhaps Odom, Bibby, they aren't real big time leaders either. The Pacers best bet at making the playoffs next year, and it will be a real fight next year, not like this year where everyone backed in to the playoffs, is to some how organize a real team concept, because they don't have one or two guys they can ride into the playoffs. They need to maximize what they have and compensate for weaknesses. But of your five proposals, only the Knicks deal would have half a chance or happening, and why would the Pacers want Frye and Jeffries, who both had awful years? I think they're stuck with Jermaine, which is fitting since they're the ones who paid him too much.
George

United States

#150 Apr 24, 2007
Who cares.
Breyona Vardiman

United States

#151 Apr 24, 2007
I think their will be enough shots to go around among O'Neal,Iverson and Anthony.
girl 10

Michigan City, IN

#152 Apr 24, 2007
I think they should NOT trade O'Neal because he's the real play-maker of the game. You must be stupid to trade O'Neal to any team in the U.S.A!!! I have got to tell you he realy is the best player on the team. I think the team needs O'Neal more than O'Neal needs the team!
Josh

Chester, VA

#153 Apr 25, 2007
Jermaine O'Neal is not that elite for a team to dismantle its roster and developing pieces like Denver, or for the Lakers to give up Andrew Bynum. He's only 19. The Lakers need to do something fast. It is sad to watch Kobe struggle with little help.
Mike Floren

Indianapolis, IN

#154 Apr 25, 2007
Great assessment of the possible trade options. The key is to trade him! Although he is talented, he is not a team player. He is selfish and has zero leadership ability. The Pacers will not win a chanpionship with him.
DAVE MASON

Evansville, IN

#155 Apr 25, 2007
Long over due thought he should of left first year he was there never have seen him do anything when it meant anything and he likes sitting on the bench more than playtng
pacers fan

United States

#156 Apr 29, 2007
Trade O'neal to Knicks. it doesn't matter if the other team goes to the playoffs, what really matters is the pacers going to the playoffs.
DOMINIQUE

United States

#157 May 1, 2007
O'Neal ($19.7 million) to Washington for antawn Jamison,Brendan HAywood.
Tey Sure

Torrance, CA

#158 May 9, 2007
option 3 is good
tatianna

Charlottesville, VA

#159 Nov 19, 2007
2 tell u da trouth I don't think dat O'Neal is really helping da Miami Heat. I mean the fella is helping in on rebounds and all but I mean every time he get's the ball in da paint, he misses those small little easy shots I mean come on now ify our going to play center then u need to make dem shots and help your team out. I mean O'Neal is a good player it is just dat he can't make is foul shots and he can't make his small easy shots like layups in the paint. I mean I am going to give him some props though he can dunk.........
melendez

Wasilla, AK

#160 Nov 30, 2007
why trade your only superstar and your leading rebounder and scorer
SEE YA JO

Indianapolis, IN

#161 Nov 30, 2007
It would be nice to see him go if he promises to close that thug-magnet of a club "7". I blame that for the rise in crime in Broad Ripple as much as I blame Bart and his lack of management of the police.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.R. Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What does J.R. Stand for? (Aug '08) Jul '14 junior 6
Knicks fire coach Mike Woodson, rest of staff May '14 bigtool 5
Best Potential Point Guard Trade Targets for Ne... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Knicks suck 1
New York Knicks Rumors: Will Toure Murry make t... (Oct '13) Oct '13 eddie rodriguez 1
Lichtenstein: Can Kidd Bring Culture Of Sharing... (Oct '13) Oct '13 fonemi 1
Tim Hardaway Jr. selected by the New York Knick... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Henry O 1
Scoring punch hard to come by in free agency fo... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The_Solution 1
•••
•••

J.R. Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••