Time for O'Neal to say goodbye?

Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird's pet phrase is that he will trade anybody if it improves the team. Full Story
Adam

United States

#21 Apr 20, 2007
Lets leave JO where he is and then think of others to compliment him.
We have lost a lot through trading this year, namely the flow of the game.
It takes most players awhile to come in and learn their new teams game plans.
I have and idea! Lets see what we can get out of Tinsley. He is the trouble maker in Indy, not JO.
All those options suck

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Apr 20, 2007
AAll those options suck
Will

United States

#23 Apr 20, 2007
This article is just ridiculous. Everyone of these potential trades is not going to happen. what a waste of time. I wouldnt give up much of anything for Jermaine O'Neal. The Kevin Garnett idea is the most ridiculous of the bunch. Kevin Mchale should be fired on the spot if he made that trade
lickety split

Martinsville, IN

#24 Apr 20, 2007
all the deals sound bad.... does anyone really want to watch Jamal Crawford gunning away all night or L. Odom trotting down the court all season? get 8 no names that want to run and play defense, now that I would pay to see.
ptinindy

Louisville, KY

#25 Apr 20, 2007
Uhh, somebody tell me why in the he11 we would want Nene??? OR Camby? OR J.R. Smith???
But, then again, who wanted Murphy and Dunleavy...besides Bird?
This actually sounds like a Bird trade to me.

I actually think Mike Wells is Larry Bird writing in alias!!
True Pacers Fan

Poolesville, MD

#26 Apr 20, 2007
Much as you so-called fans complained this year and forced management to make another dunb trade . How would u so called fans sit through a rebuilding year. Jo is a good as it gets a pf no doubt about it. None of the trade for other pf with similar stats will help the team. Walsh used to make only good deals steal in fact, leading me to believe Bird is the cancer to the team. Not JO not coach. U guys bitched for a trade now you are complaining about the results. We should have waited to the off season to make any moves and we would be in the playoffs (GState wouldn't)atleast a6th seed with the possibility of beating anyone. So please be cautious of what you ask four. Artest complained about coaches style but hasn't put up them type of numbers since leaving. Coach would have won with Detroit but Rasheed came the next year. So if we trade one of our greatest 12 players in team history, get ready for some tough times.
Troubled Pacer Fan

Roachdale, IN

#27 Apr 20, 2007
Lets go Hoosiers wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant cut people in the NBA. This isnt the NFL. If they kicked these guys to the curb, another team would pick them up and the Pacers would still be paying their salaries. How much sense would that make? None.
THe Lakers deal is not ever going to happen. They wouldnt trade Bynum for JKidd, so they arent going to move him for Tinsley. O'Neal cant play the triangle in Phil Jackson's offense either, so nix that right now.
Why would you want to cut Diogu anyway? That guy is going to be a stud at center or PF if O"neal leaves. He was really the centerpiece of the deal that sent Big Al and Jackson out to GS. Dunleavy is a good six man and Murphy brings a change up at Center with a guy who can knock down shots. Neither should be starting, but Diogu should be. Either way, dont cut anyone. You never know when a dumb team will come calling for them. That is if there are any other dumb teams besides the Pacers.
Correction. Players CAN be cut in the NBA. I don't know how it is for other teams, but the Pacers have a FanJam and there is a team scrimmage. Pretty much the next couple days they make cuts on the guys they don't want. Nice try.
Let Dungy take over

Greenfield, IN

#28 Apr 20, 2007
Here's what the Pacers' front office will do: Trade JO for NBA players that are considerably less talented, athletic, but grossly overpaid.

Oh wait, they already did that when they gave Austin Croshere a deal big enough to buy Texas after the 2000 playoff run and dealing away Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington, who consequently are playing out-of-this-world basketball right now for Golden State.

I think the entire state of Indiana has COMPLETE trust in Donnie Walsh and Larry Bird.(by the way, that was sarcasm)
Troubled Pacer Fan

Roachdale, IN

#29 Apr 20, 2007
So, we're trading O'Neal and Tinsley to the Clippers for a guy that had a possible career-ending injury? Way to go. Might wanna rethink that one. Didn't we do that in our last trade?
itsalldownhill

Lima, OH

#30 Apr 20, 2007
it's not going to happen, BUT if that denver trade did happen the nuggets would be NASTY!
Marvin Mann

Marion, IL

#31 Apr 20, 2007
At one time I believe the Pacers could pull off a good trade involving JO. Now, I'm betting we get rid of him in a great deal for the last two Knicks players off the bench and Isiah Thomas straight up.
mark from lafayette

West Lafayette, IN

#32 Apr 20, 2007
Trading with the East makes no sense what so ever - period. Instead of getting everybody's problems, how about getting a couple first round draft picks. At least the first and second this year. No need to talk about this until the lottery is settled though. I love the idea of the Clippers trade too. Makes alot of sense, and I would like to see Brand and Maggette here.
I see retarded people

AOL

#33 Apr 20, 2007
So I guess everyone on here is smarter than Mike and a better writer. OK, why does he have a job you all would give ur left nut for. There is so much ignorance in these replies the Star must wonder why the hell they even give us a chance to spew our dumb thoughts on their website. This was a very insightful and informative article. How many of you knew exactly what possibilities there are out there? Its not like he said one of these is definately going to happen. They are POSSIBILITIES!
Sean Durham

Indianapolis, IN

#34 Apr 20, 2007
If the Pacers have the chance to get Elton Brand, they must take it. Marcus Camby is a great defensive player but has some offense. Garnett is too old. Brand is a phenomenal player and would make this team great!
CRE3

Glendale, CA

#35 Apr 20, 2007
"O'Neal and Garnett can opt out of their contracts next season. Garnett is also older and has more wear and tear."

Are you nuts? Garnett may be older, but there is no way he has more wear and tear on his body than O'neal. I can't ever remember the last time J.O. played an entire season. Garnett has missed maybe 10 games his whole career due to injury.
CRE3

Glendale, CA

#36 Apr 20, 2007
Playa wrote:
If Bird wanted to improve the team, he would not have gave golden state a ticket to the playoffs! He would fire his boy and he would retire!
Amen!
a guard parent

United States

#37 Apr 20, 2007
Double T wrote:
You may not like Jermaine but at least he hasn't been in the news for being in a bar involved in altercations. Get rid of Tinsley; keep Carlisle. He just needs respectable guys to work with.
Yes he has
Let Him GO

Lebanon, IN

#38 Apr 20, 2007
It is about time the team made a good decision and cut their losses. Jermaine and all the other Pacers need to go, a bunch of thugs, who can not play basketball. Whatever happened to the Reggie Miller era, when basketball was fun to watch, well it was taken over by a bunch of young street thugs who have no idea what the game is about or how to act professional. Maybe if we get to trade some of the Pacers the crime will also go down in Indy, or at least reduce the fights in the bars.
a guard parent

United States

#39 Apr 20, 2007
Is it always about players?Don't get me wrong,I think the world of Rick C.,but if we're rebuilding,how do we get Larry Brown back?
CRE3

Glendale, CA

#40 Apr 20, 2007
True Pacers Fan wrote:
Much as you so-called fans complained this year and forced management to make another dunb trade . How would u so called fans sit through a rebuilding year. Jo is a good as it gets a pf no doubt about it. None of the trade for other pf with similar stats will help the team. Walsh used to make only good deals steal in fact, leading me to believe Bird is the cancer to the team. Not JO not coach. U guys bitched for a trade now you are complaining about the results. We should have waited to the off season to make any moves and we would be in the playoffs (GState wouldn't)atleast a6th seed with the possibility of beating anyone. So please be cautious of what you ask four. Artest complained about coaches style but hasn't put up them type of numbers since leaving. Coach would have won with Detroit but Rasheed came the next year. So if we trade one of our greatest 12 players in team history, get ready for some tough times.
Carlisle, is that you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.R. Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What does J.R. Stand for? (Aug '08) Jul '14 junior 6
Knicks fire coach Mike Woodson, rest of staff (Apr '14) May '14 bigtool 5
Best Potential Point Guard Trade Targets for Ne... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Knicks suck 1
New York Knicks Rumors: Will Toure Murry make t... (Oct '13) Oct '13 eddie rodriguez 1
Lichtenstein: Can Kidd Bring Culture Of Sharing... (Oct '13) Oct '13 fonemi 1
Tim Hardaway Jr. selected by the New York Knick... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Henry O 1
Scoring punch hard to come by in free agency fo... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The_Solution 1

J.R. Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE