Missed FT allows Pacers to survive la...

Missed FT allows Pacers to survive last-seconds scare

There are 67 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 28, 2007, titled Missed FT allows Pacers to survive last-seconds scare. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A questionable foul by Mike Dunleavy in the final seconds nearly cost the Indiana Pacers Tuesday night's game at Denver.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Sarah

United States

#43 Nov 28, 2007
Yay Pacers!
Risk Prof

Las Cruces, NM

#44 Nov 28, 2007
Josh McRoberts has played ONE MINUTE this season? I guess the money's nice, but wouldn't being the Big Man On Campus at Duke be more enjoyable? It doesn't look like Duke is missing him though.
IPS graduates 52 percent

West Manchester, OH

#45 Nov 28, 2007
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL wow that was funny. Gordon is a guaranteed high lottery pick, probably top-5 in the draft, and future multiple-time All-Star. The Butler guys you mention are great college ballplayers but probably won't even crack an NBA roster. Graves is a phenomenal shooter but is too small for most NBA teams and couldn't hold his ground against opposing guards.
Actually by all accounts, Mike Green will be in the NBA.
JO 4 sale

Indianapolis, IN

#46 Nov 28, 2007
I say trade J.O. for the guy holding out in Cleveland. I can't think of his name but he's 6'10" and hustles. He is not looking to be an All-Star or "be the man", he just plays team ball and tries to win.
McR Hater

Indianapolis, IN

#47 Nov 28, 2007
Risk Prof wrote:
Josh McRoberts has played ONE MINUTE this season? I guess the money's nice, but wouldn't being the Big Man On Campus at Duke be more enjoyable? It doesn't look like Duke is missing him though.
Making smart decisions has never been his strong suit
REALITY Hits

Duncan, OK

#48 Nov 28, 2007
Jeff from Delphi wrote:
I thought Tinsley and Daniels played pretty good defense on Iverson along with the interior "D" when AI penetrated. Too me that was the key to the game, Iverson never really got on a roll shooting and distributing the ball. But again too many fouls, 1/2 of AI points came at the strip.
Agreed the ref's were terrible. Was it Adams(#47) that made the bad call on Dunleavy. I've seen him ref some terrible games at Conseco.
It's all RIGGED FOR BOSTON TO WIN...The Refs are being paid off; don't waste your time going to games or watching them..The Pacers may win 30 games...
lol

Indianapolis, IN

#49 Nov 28, 2007
Mrs Clause wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa, please bring Mikie a new TV for Christmas, he's not getting the picture at all.
lmfao! no kiddin. what game is that guy watching? jo does not fit into this tempo style and he disrupts everything. the longer he sits out the better the pacers will be. get rid of this guy!
lol

Indianapolis, IN

#50 Nov 28, 2007
Risk Prof wrote:
josh who? lmfao. its a waste of breathe and effort to pronounce his name.
little birdie

New York, NY

#51 Nov 28, 2007
Is Bird just waiting for Donnie to tap his shoulder to tell him to trade JO? What are they waiting for?
Pacer Pontiff

South Bend, IN

#52 Nov 28, 2007
It's rare that there is such unity in a forum regarding JO. Yes, there are still those who defend him, but there seems to be consensus among most fans about the team playing better when he has less of a role if any.

Of course, it's all meaningless given we have no control over anything, but it's still interesting that so many fans seem to agree on this.
Glenn

Woodstock, GA

#53 Nov 28, 2007
I am just glad the Pacers could win one on the road against a quality team like the Nuggets.. Oh, wait a minute, JO didn't play.. NO WONDER!! Perhaps it is time to deal for this dude, they are playin beautiful ball in his absence and should have won that game against Cleveland, but you win some and you lose some, but with JO, you lose some and then you lose more!!!!
Fantasy BB world

Richmond Hill, NY

#54 Nov 28, 2007
Jermaine, you are really messing up my Fantasy world because I own both Murphy and Williams. Every day with this 'game time decision' crap. I sat Williams last night and missed out on a bunch of points! Cut it out, man!

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#55 Nov 28, 2007
Was Tim Donaghy a part of the officiating crew? Wait, no, he's probably hiding in a spider hole somewhere!

The NBA needs to get a handle on the officiating. I don't care how they do it, but last night's officiating was a turn-off for the game itself. Forget about makeup calls. The crew needs to get it right the first time everytime, or use video replay to assist.

The calls against Harrison, Daniels, and Dunleavy were very questionable. The call against Dunleavy could have cost us the game, and the Pacers were obviously the better team!
Plainfield Putz

Indianapolis, IN

#56 Nov 28, 2007
Memo to JO: take all the time you need. Need 6 months to heal? It's yours. Love, Larry and Donnie
refs

Italy

#57 Nov 28, 2007
REALITY Hits wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all RIGGED FOR BOSTON TO WIN...The Refs are being paid off; don't waste your time going to games or watching them..The Pacers may win 30 games...
Please shut up..the Celtics lost last night and the refs seemed to be against them. Fixed? yeah right. It's just that officials suck, that's all. Heck, even Lakers fans (I mean, Lakers fans!!) complain about refs being horrible.
dude listen

Italy

#58 Nov 28, 2007
Lets go Hoosiers wrote:
<quoted text>
You got into a Pacer game deep enough to scream at the TV?
I usually reserve that for Colts or IU games.
You don't seem to care about the Pacers, so why are u reading the comments about a Pacers game? Do you even have a life since you waste your time reading stuff you don't care about?
And I don't understand what's the problem if the person you quoted get into Pacers games deep enough to scream at the TV. I do the same thing. Why? Because I love them more than anything else. Go back to watch the Colts please.
Also, it's really a shame that some people on here have to act like complete ##### upsetting Pacers fans and bashing the Pacers even when they actually play great and win games. Gosh, I hate trolls like you.
SLee

North Judson, IN

#59 Nov 28, 2007
JO 4 sale wrote:
I say trade J.O. for the guy holding out in Cleveland. I can't think of his name but he's 6'10" and hustles. He is not looking to be an All-Star or "be the man", he just plays team ball and tries to win.
You took the words right out of my mouth...Anderson Varejao
rick

Jackson, MS

#60 Nov 28, 2007
Bennie Adams may be the only official worse than Violet Palmer and that's pretty bad 'cause she SUCKS. I didn't think anyone could make worse calls than Miss Violet. Nice job Bennie. Send the video to the league office(?), what a joke. Stern has quotas on the number of defensive 3-second calls officials are required to make, and get repremands if they don't call enough. Stern and Co. need to go, they are ruining the NBA. I nearly did not renew my NBA League Pass this year because of their B-S. They probably are asked to try and make the Pacers lose if the truth were known. I applaude Jim O'Brien for finally getting a technical foul. I don't see how he doesn't get so mad he gets thrown out of every game!!
JO Blows

Utica, KY

#61 Nov 28, 2007
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL wow that was funny. Gordon is a guaranteed high lottery pick, probably top-5 in the draft, and future multiple-time All-Star. The Butler guys you mention are great college ballplayers but probably won't even crack an NBA roster. Graves is a phenomenal shooter but is too small for most NBA teams and couldn't hold his ground against opposing guards.
As far as I'm concreaned Eric Gorden is unproven. He may look good now, but he isn't one and done for college with college b-ball if he wants to play in the NBA, because in the NBA he is going to have to learn to play PG and in college he will be a Shooting Guard. Also don't forget the fact that IU has had a few Indiana native bust like T-Town's Steve Hart. Also keep in mind that AJ graves can bench 280 LBS and both him and Pete Campell will unlike Gorden will be able to keep their positions in the NBA.

But for the record, next year I see
Pete Campell (A Reggie Miller clone with a better 3 pointer) going about 11th-17th over all in this years draft. And what a quencidence in 1987 Reggie Miller was drafted 16th by the Pacers. As for graves, well he could crack the top 20, but I honestly see him going top 5 in the second round. And as for the Pacers season, I see them finishing teh season with a draft pick any were from 11th-14th.
Larry Bird

Utica, KY

#62 Nov 28, 2007
Eddie Bird wrote:
Hey brother Larry, i ain't the gm but I can see JO needs to go. I don't care you if you get a fathead of Magic Johnson and some of you sweet wine you make. Come on bro, can't you see our team chemistry is just like Indiana State and Springs Valley without JO. It is like them muskrats down in Paoli when JO is in there. Trade him or cut him. All pacer fans don't care no more!!!
I am perfectaly aware that in the past JO has been on fire, but not any more, because he doesn't fit coach O'Brien's system. Before this season started I tried to trade JO to the Lakers for Lamar Odem and Kwamie Borwn, but then when I held out for Andrew Binum in the deal, they just told me "Odem or Binum one or the other, not both". Then I receiently spoke with coach Jim O'brien and we both agreed to offer the Lakers JO and David Harrison for Andrew Binum and Kwamie Brown. But even with out Harrison in the trade, it put them over the cap and they told us that although they would love to see the trade go though we were going to have to take some guy from over sees with 5 years left on his contract (about like Tinsely's) in the trade in order for it to go through. So since I didn't want to make the mistake of overpaying someone a fifth time to play for my team, I had no choice but to back out of that one. However, as of now I am strongly considering either trading JO to the Bulls for Ben Gorden & Ben Wallace, JO and David Harrison to the Kings for Ron Artest and Brad Miller, or just JO to the Rockets for T-Mac. But for these trades to go through, I'm going to need the approval of Jim O'brein and one of the other franchises.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.R. Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2015 NBA Finals: Quick Takeaways From Cleveland... (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 7
What does J.R. Stand for? (Aug '08) Jul '14 junior 6
News Knicks fire coach Mike Woodson, rest of staff (Apr '14) May '14 bigtool 5
News Best Potential Point Guard Trade Targets for Ne... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Knicks suck 1
News New York Knicks Rumors: Will Toure Murry make t... (Oct '13) Oct '13 eddie rodriguez 1
News Lichtenstein: Can Kidd Bring Culture Of Sharing... (Oct '13) Oct '13 fonemi 1
News Tim Hardaway Jr. selected by the New York Knick... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Henry O 1
More from around the web