Missed FT allows Pacers to survive last-seconds scare

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

A questionable foul by Mike Dunleavy in the final seconds nearly cost the Indiana Pacers Tuesday night's game at Denver.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of67
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Train

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Another JO-less win for the Pace. Good job. Keep it up. JO, keep sitting.

Since: Jul 07

Bloomington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

What a BS call against Dunleavey at the end. Thankfully it turned out alright.
Old Roy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

O'Neal, you left the oven on. Fly back and miss the road trip.
special ed

Walton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Maybe the Pacers ought to be offering JO to the Bulls? Heinrich or Ben Gordon, anyone?
Screaming at the TV

Independence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

What a horrible job of officiating. Harrison swings and misses and gets called for the foul. Anthony swings and takes out Harrison's arms and NO foul called. Was it just me or did we start losing the lead and mometum due to one sided Refs? The number of offensive fouls against us was bizzare. I have DVR and I rewatched it and all I can say I hope this film is turned into the league for review because it almost cost us a game. Think the refs had money on this game? LOL
mmurray

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

anybody check the Vegas odds? Maybe the Pacers weren't supposed to win. This league is so bogus!
Maxx

Elnora, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

It's time that the NBA institute a coaches challenge system like the one in the NFL.
They can't get the calls right everytime. And bad officiating can easily cost a team a win when the game is close.
Time for Czar Stern to get off this golden throne and do something about it.

“Hoosier fan in Tarheel land”

Since: Oct 07

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

anyone know what their record is now for the year with vs. without JO?
Lets go Hoosiers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Screaming at the TV wrote:
What a horrible job of officiating. Harrison swings and misses and gets called for the foul. Anthony swings and takes out Harrison's arms and NO foul called. Was it just me or did we start losing the lead and mometum due to one sided Refs? The number of offensive fouls against us was bizzare. I have DVR and I rewatched it and all I can say I hope this film is turned into the league for review because it almost cost us a game. Think the refs had money on this game? LOL
You got into a Pacer game deep enough to scream at the TV?

I usually reserve that for Colts or IU games.
Pete Mason

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Screaming at the TV wrote:
I totally agree! During the first half, the bad calls were going both ways. But after half time, it drastically went down hill. It was somewhat odd in the discrepancy of foul calls, and the last [BOGUS] foul on a three-point shot w/ less than five seconds left ... c'mon!!
Oh well, way to go Blue and Gold! Keep pullin in W's! Last nite's game, while aggravating, was actually FUN to watch!!
Kyle

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Mike in NC wrote:
anyone know what their record is now for the year with vs. without JO?
4-1 when he didn't play at all (including a win over Dallas and road wins over NO and Denver)

3-3 when he logged less than 30 minutes of playing time

0-4 when he plays 30 or more minutes
Pacer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

What a good game! Go Pacers....
supercolts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
4-1 when he didn't play at all (including a win over Dallas and road wins over NO and Denver)
3-3 when he logged less than 30 minutes of playing time
0-4 when he plays 30 or more minutes
I cant believe the Pacers are better without JO, its weird how an supposed all star makes the team worse but the stats dont lie.I am really enjoying watching the pacers for the first time in a couple of years. Maybe the injury is whats hurting JO and I hope it is cause if they get him back healthy and the usual 20-9 guy then look out. Go Pacers!!!
asdf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

JO is just not healthy and it took a handful of unproductive games to realize that. When he is 100% he's a good player but the odds of getting him at 100% throughout a season are very very low.

Last nights game was awesome - I love how we have a different hero each game (Granger, Tinsley, Dunleavy).

We just need to make out free throws and we would have locked Denver out.
Plainfield Putz

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

When Jermaine is in there, he expects the ball to go through him first. When he is out, there are 5 options, all just as capable or better of hitting a shot. Seems when he is not in there, they look for the best option rather than straight at him. Tinsley is a different player, being able to create oppurtunities and running the floor like a true point guard. We have listened for years to JO's whining and dealt with his multiple injuries. I think we should take what we can get for him and move on.
Mike

Bellville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Always good to see the pacers play with that kind of energy. It looked like they pushed the tempo of the game and played hard at both ends of the floor. My Take on J.O.-He's the best player on the team, he just needs to get healthy.
SLee

Martinsville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

The Pacers are obviously better off with out Jermaine. We play a fast paced up tempo game and even IF he EVER gets to 100% he wouldnt be able to keep the pace. We need to trade him asap while we can. At the end of the year he will opt out and we will be left with nothing. The thing is it doesnt seem that any other team wants JO. The Pacers really played well last night when they pushed the tempo and got fast break points. We need to work on our defense however. Get what you can now for JO though...GO PACERS!
supercolts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Keep it up Tinsley, I guess a new coach and a new system was just what he needed. He is a difference maker and his effort is 100% better this season. Tinsley wants to play for Obrien and it shows on the court. Im glad the Pacers kept Tins, and I cant believe I just wrote that!
Brickyardd

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Mike wrote:
Always good to see the pacers play with that kind of energy. It looked like they pushed the tempo of the game and played hard at both ends of the floor. My Take on J.O.-He's the best player on the team, he just needs to get healthy.
JO our best player? Why is it we continue to win with him oit of the lineup? I agree with other posters here...we are BETTER without him in the starting lineup. When he is in the game, the offense goes through him. Everyone else just stands around watching. When he's gone, we have 5 players in double figures. The same thing happened every time he was missing last year...bring him off of the bench if he has to play.If anything, make him the highest paid 6th man in the league...at least we will win some games.
Mrs Clause

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Mike wrote:
Santa, please bring Mikie a new TV for Christmas, he's not getting the picture at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of67
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent J.R. Smith Discussions

Search the J.R. Smith Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What does J.R. Stand for? (Aug '08) Jul 17 junior 6
Knicks fire coach Mike Woodson, rest of staff May '14 bigtool 5
Best Potential Point Guard Trade Targets for Ne... Feb '14 Knicks suck 1
New York Knicks Rumors: Will Toure Murry make t... (Oct '13) Oct '13 eddie rodriguez 1
Lichtenstein: Can Kidd Bring Culture Of Sharing... (Oct '13) Oct '13 fonemi 1
Tim Hardaway Jr. selected by the New York Knick... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Henry O 1
Scoring punch hard to come by in free agency fo... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The_Solution 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••