Who made out better in their trade, the Pistons or Nuggets?

Full story: Baltimore Sun 14
That's not a knock on Iverson, one of the most remarkable athletes of my lifetime . Full Story
Oh Yeah

Castle Rock, CO

#1 Nov 5, 2008
Come on! Haven't you seen that Chauncey Billups will work perfectly for the Nuggets? He is an amazing player at his position who knows how to get the ball around, which is overall what the Nuggets need, to pass more and get open shots. At the moment we have to many players just driving down and pulling up for jump-shots, we need to swing the ball and start playing like a real basketball team. I realize that the Nugget's are renowned for being a Fast-Break team but I think Chauncey Billups will bring a new aspect to the game for the Nuggets and overall take us further in the playoffs.
Michael from Colorado

Boulder, CO

#2 Nov 5, 2008
I couldn't disagree with you more Kevin. Having lived in Denver for the majority of my life and seeing Chauncey grow first hand into the star NBA point guard he has become. I know for a fact that this was a good deal for the Nuggets. He is a local hero around these parts and that alone strengthens the moral of this team that was desperately needed. And not only does it allow J.R. and even Melo to grow as players. But it solidifies what has been missing on this Nuggets team for years now, and that is a true leader at the point. Though we all are entitled to our own opinions. I caution you to make yours with better judgement and more knowledge of the Denver area and the Nuggets.
Jon

Shenzhen, China

#3 Nov 6, 2008
The Nuggets will be better, the Pistons will probably hold even, assuming they can keep Iverson off the floor enough. The Nuggets needed someone who could turn them into a team, and teams win. Iverson couldn't do it.

Maybe the Pistons are going to use cap space next year. My guess is they'll be wishing they could unload Iverson before the season's over, just to keep the team happy and give Stuckey more PT.

Billups gives Nuggets a solution, Iverson gives Pistons a problem. Good luck to both.
a detroit guy

Detroit, MI

#4 Nov 7, 2008
both of yall bitches wrong... billups always choke when we needed him the most... iverson will gives us that 4th quarter scorer we need.. yall wouldnt pass the first round any!(as usual)!!!!
Pistons Eat Poop

Evansville, IN

#5 Nov 7, 2008
Um lets see here that is so f--ing easy. The Nuggets clearly got the better end of the trade because:

1.Both teams needed youth, and at least the nuggets got one good young player.

2.Denver needed a PG & A center, they got that. While when Detroit needed a F, they got a SG the one position they don't need and gave up a 6th man forward, PG & future starting C in the process.

3.Denver's starting line up vs the Stolen Pistons:
A.Den.
-SG-AI's backup
-PG-Chauncie Billups
-C-Samb
-PF-Kenyon "K-Mart" Martin
-SF-Carmello Anthony
McDyess unless he can play center will be
Denver's 6th man.

B.Det.
-C-Kwamie Brown
-PF-Rasheed Wallace
-SF-Tayshaun Prince
-SG-Richard "Rip" Hamilton
-PG-Rodney Stuckey
AI will be their 6th man who comes off the bench for Rip Hamilton.
Pistons Eat Poop

Evansville, IN

#6 Nov 7, 2008
a detroit guy wrote:
both of yall bitches wrong... billups always choke when we needed him the most... iverson will gives us that 4th quarter scorer we need.. yall wouldnt pass the first round any!(as usual)!!!!
1.Billups really looked like a choker for your stolen team when he got the NBA finals MVP in 2004 when your stolen Pistons won the NBA title.

2.AI A 4th quarter scorer, I thought that title belonged to Rip Hamilton. The guy AI will be a bench player behind since he is too much of a ball hog to play the point.

3.You and your stolen team who turned all their fans into convicts got hosed!!!!!!!!!
Pistons Eat Poop

Evansville, IN

#7 Nov 7, 2008
Jon wrote:
The Nuggets will be better, the Pistons will probably hold even, assuming they can keep Iverson off the floor enough. The Nuggets needed someone who could turn them into a team, and teams win. Iverson couldn't do it.
Maybe the Pistons are going to use cap space next year. My guess is they'll be wishing they could unload Iverson before the season's over, just to keep the team happy and give Stuckey more PT.
Billups gives Nuggets a solution, Iverson gives Pistons a problem. Good luck to both.
1.Kwamie Brown+AI+Rahseed Wallace=Bad Karma=no playoffs for the stolen Pistons=2009 Detroit Pistons=2007 New York Knicks

2.Since AI is a SG same position as rip, it puts the Pistons at a big struggle with their big men (See prev. post).

3.I disagree with you about the Pistons wanting AI to be under the cap next season since 2 season's ago they gave Billups that big contract.+ next seasons isn't going to be a good season for the stolen Pistons to be under the cap since there will be allot of other teams like the Pacers under the cap even more. I think Detroit just wanted AI since he kissed up to them so much.

4.Sadly even though I have nothing for or against the Denver Nuggets and think they clearly got the better end of this trade. I don't think they will make the playoffs this season. I think the West is too tough. If they were in the East prolly. But your entitled to your own opinion.
Pistons Eat Poop

Evansville, IN

#8 Nov 7, 2008
Michael from Colorado wrote:
I couldn't disagree with you more Kevin. Having lived in Denver for the majority of my life and seeing Chauncey grow first hand into the star NBA point guard he has become. I know for a fact that this was a good deal for the Nuggets. He is a local hero around these parts and that alone strengthens the moral of this team that was desperately needed. And not only does it allow J.R. and even Melo to grow as players. But it solidifies what has been missing on this Nuggets team for years now, and that is a true leader at the point. Though we all are entitled to our own opinions. I caution you to make yours with better judgement and more knowledge of the Denver area and the Nuggets.
Well, I guess for me it's kind of too bad Denver got Chauncey Billups in this trade. Because I wanted to see Denver take Jamaal Tinsley off the Pacers hands. But either way I guess as a Pacers fan I'm happy with the trade since Detroit gets hosed and I can say this:

Indiana-Pistons+Detroit+Rahsee d Wallace=stolen team with convict fans-Flip Saunders+new crappy coach+Kwamie Brown-Chauncey Billups-Samb-Antonio McDyess+AI=bad karma=no playoffs this season=2009 Detroit Pistons=2007 New York Knicks
will

Warren, MI

#9 Nov 8, 2008
it seems as if we got alot of haters,after we won in 2004 Chauncey got lazy and never came through in the playoffs on the other hand allen is hungry for a championship hes what we need to beat boston
Pistons Eat Poop

Evansville, IN

#10 Nov 8, 2008
will wrote:
it seems as if we got alot of haters,after we won in 2004 Chauncey got lazy and never came through in the playoffs on the other hand allen is hungry for a championship hes what we need to beat boston
AI, isn't much different then Chauncey Billups in terms of playing well. He is a ball hog on a stolen team that relies allot on passing. And you think AI isn't slowing down, hell the man is 33 already. Personally I would take Billups any day over AI and I think it's a no brainer here Denver got the better end of the trade then the stolen Pistons.
mark c

Canton, MI

#11 Nov 13, 2008
wow i really cant belive that it is a bad trade for both teams both team gained respect for erverone in the nba both teams gave them a better chance for the playoffs and a better 2009
owowowowoowowowoowowowoowowo
Jon

Guangzhou, China

#12 Dec 6, 2008
The Pistons are actually a little worse than I thought they would be when I wrote my first post, and the Nuggets are a little better. Who could've foreseen the magnitude of the Nugget's need to be Iverson-less (though it could have been predicted by taking a non-sentimental look at Iverson's career).

Now that the Knicks have finally decided to face the reality of Marbury (better to have him on the bench than have all the talent on the floor contributing nothing towards winning) we have an intriguing possibility: some idiot might pick up both Iverson and his cousin Stephon and put them on one colossally dysfunctional team. Pack your bags for Dallas boys!!!
Pistons Eat Poop

Evansville, IN

#13 Dec 8, 2008
Jon wrote:
The Pistons are actually a little worse than I thought they would be when I wrote my first post, and the Nuggets are a little better. Who could've foreseen the magnitude of the Nugget's need to be Iverson-less (though it could have been predicted by taking a non-sentimental look at Iverson's career).
Now that the Knicks have finally decided to face the reality of Marbury (better to have him on the bench than have all the talent on the floor contributing nothing towards winning) we have an intriguing possibility: some idiot might pick up both Iverson and his cousin Stephon and put them on one colossally dysfunctional team. Pack your bags for Dallas boys!!!
Speaking of the Dallas Mavericks, David Stern should make them either take Jamaal Tinsley or give the Pacers A first and second round pick for Shawnie Williams since Eddie Jones decided to be A Whiny little bitch about playing for the pacers then retire like A big puss to avoid playing for the pacers. yeah yeah I know off topic.
Pistons Eat Poop

Evansville, IN

#14 Dec 8, 2008
mark c wrote:
wow i really cant belive that it is a bad trade for both teams both team gained respect for erverone in the nba both teams gave them a better chance for the playoffs and a better 2009
owowowowoowowowoowowowoowowo
"both team gained respect for erverone in the nba both teams gave them a better chance for the playoffs and a better 2009" ARE YOU NUTS??????????

The Detroit Lions got a better deal for WR-Roy Williams and that trade even favored the other team by a little!!!!!!!!!!

Denver clearly got the better end of this trade since before the got rid of AI, Denver was below 500. And now that Denver has traded AI for Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess (who was let go), they are about top 10 in the NBA power rankings. While Detroit on the other hand, with out AI and with Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess was undefeated!!!!!!!!!! And with AI, the Detroit Pistons are 500 and asking to go below 500!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.R. Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What does J.R. Stand for? (Aug '08) Jul '14 junior 6
Knicks fire coach Mike Woodson, rest of staff (Apr '14) May '14 bigtool 5
Best Potential Point Guard Trade Targets for Ne... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Knicks suck 1
New York Knicks Rumors: Will Toure Murry make t... (Oct '13) Oct '13 eddie rodriguez 1
Lichtenstein: Can Kidd Bring Culture Of Sharing... (Oct '13) Oct '13 fonemi 1
Tim Hardaway Jr. selected by the New York Knick... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Henry O 1
Scoring punch hard to come by in free agency fo... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The_Solution 1
More from around the web