J.J. Redick out as starter

J.J. Redick 's four-game run as a starter for the Orlando Magic is over. Coach Stan Van Gundy said after Monday's shootaround at Staples Center that he will start Keith Bogans in Redick's place at shooting ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
marko

Oviedo, FL

#28 Dec 9, 2008
i've always was a big jj fan..but it just is not happening with him in orlando..i think in the right system,this kid will thrive in a positive direction..he needs to learn to be productive off the bench for a team first..for some reason,he gets good looks at the basket..but the ball is not dropping through the net for him in orlando yet...
hey you

Altamonte Springs, FL

#29 Dec 9, 2008
Maybe this will put to rest once and for all that Redick is nothing more than an NBA backup. The above comment about him going to Denver is interesting, considering the Magic has been talking to them about Atkins. If Atkins ends up being all the Magic can get for him, that tells you everything you need to know about what the NBA thinks of JJ. Sorry, Redick fans. I got nothing against the guy, but you have to face it ... he ain't a superstar. He ain't even a starter. He has his place in the NBA, but it's on the bench.
eric

Seattle, WA

#30 Dec 9, 2008
re: "he gets good looks at the basket..but the ball is not dropping"

Good looks? The Magic were 4-0 with JJ in the starting 2G position. But he had no more than 5 attempts in a single game and he played in app. 30-minute stretches. I think the magic need 2 balls.
Tony

Charlotte, NC

#31 Dec 9, 2008
eric wrote:
re: "he gets good looks at the basket..but the ball is not dropping"
Good looks? The Magic were 4-0 with JJ in the starting 2G position. But he had no more than 5 attempts in a single game and he played in app. 30-minute stretches. I think the magic need 2 balls.
The priority for the Magic is to win not to get jj shots...The only shot he can take is a wide open jumper and there just arent' that many of those available in the NBA...his inability to create his own shot is a huge factor in his limited attempts. Face facts he is not a nba player
LMAO

AOL

#32 Dec 9, 2008
SUPERMAN wrote:
You give Dukies a bad name, punk.
<quoted text>
You cant walk and chew gum at the same time. You barely graduated from High School, knocked upaho, dumber than a wall, PooperMan Punk.
Michael in Ocoee

Apopka, FL

#33 Dec 9, 2008
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant walk and chew gum at the same time. You barely graduated from High School, knocked upaho, dumber than a wall, PooperMan Punk.
PooperMan?! Ex-marines don't say PooperMan. It's just wrong.

Since: Oct 08

Debary, FL

#34 Dec 9, 2008
marko wrote:
i predict this is jj's last year in orlando.he will be traded...the magic need a top notch hi first round pick for the very best 2 gaurd posion!we need a top notch guy who can light it up,run the floor,slash to the whole,play defense..the whole package! then we can win a championship..nobody is scared of orlando in the playoffs because we lack that great two gaurd who can do it all..we invested to much into the point gaurd position.we need a 6'6 to 6'8 two gaurd who can give other tema probelms alond dwight howard!
Uh ever heard of Pietrus?
LMAO

AOL

#35 Dec 10, 2008
Michael in Ocoee wrote:
<quoted text>
PooperMan?! Ex-marines don't say PooperMan. It's just wrong.
Da-mn! Sc-rewed up again.
:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.J. Redick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA notebook - Dec. 1 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lois 1
Keep JJ at home with the Magic, please (Jan '13) Jan '13 Lois 1
Updating the Top 100 NBA Players at the First Q... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lois 1
Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
J.J. Redick has some peace of mind about his un... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
Nine key questions the Orlando Magic will face ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Lois 1
More from around the web