Magic slip past Grizzlies

Magic slip past Grizzlies

There are 52 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 8, 2009, titled Magic slip past Grizzlies. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

If you wanted style points --- a lot of points, for that matter --- Amway Arena was not the place to be.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lou to the Rescue

Clermont, FL

#1 Apr 8, 2009
Very ugly win but a win nonetheless. 2 more until 60. NEXT!!!!
nanningbob

Dublin, Ireland

#2 Apr 8, 2009
Well, that was ugly but we win. Great defense the 2nd half. 2 left until 60. NEXT
Sleeper13

United States

#3 Apr 8, 2009
I will take a win but.....wow what a ugly one. I understand that Tyronne Lue is rusty but he has had very poor shot selection the past two games. Come back soon AJ.
OneAndDoneTragic

Kings Park, NY

#4 Apr 8, 2009
Wow..I'll be surprised if the Magic win 2 games in the FIRST ROUND....
lorenzo

Winter Garden, FL

#5 Apr 8, 2009
OneAndDoneTragic wrote:
Wow..I'll be surprised if you get laid 2 times in ur life....
alex

Yorba Linda, CA

#6 Apr 8, 2009
turk needs to step up his three point shooting. four straight games without a 3 point make
Tstorm

United States

#7 Apr 8, 2009
haha, he's probably the real life 40 yr ol virgin. He probably counts sleeping with his sister tho.
Magic Fan Mark

Clermont, FL

#8 Apr 8, 2009
This was a strange game. Only 2 guys in double digit scoring. Hedo had 20 and Dwight had 14. Nobody else even scored 10 points.

30 points from the bench was nice.

I wish we got Courtney Lee just a bit more involved in the offense. Some nights he disappears. 4 points on 1-6 shooting. I would like to see him find another way to score.

Not sure what happened to Rashard. 6 points, 2 rebounds and 0 assists is pretty weak.
Jon

Orlando, FL

#9 Apr 8, 2009
Sleeper13 wrote:
I will take a win but.....wow what a ugly one. I understand that Tyronne Lue is rusty but he has had very poor shot selection the past two games. Come back soon AJ.
Agreed. Thats been the difference the last 2 games. Also, some lazy defense. I think the guys are looking ahead to the playoffs and are slacking a bit. AJ was alot more important than I thought after seeing TLue these last 2 games.
neighb

United States

#10 Apr 8, 2009
lorenzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow..I'll be surprised if you get laid 2 times in ur life....
.....by a girl.

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#11 Apr 8, 2009
I TELL YOU GUYS,
Getting a "W" this last 2 weeks is like pulling a tooth.
Our boys look tired and bored.
With the exception of the Cavaliers game we just have gone through the motions.
I truly believe that you will see a totally dedicated team during the playoffs.
Kudos to Turk and JJ for their performance tonight in the 4 quarter.
Lets move on to the Knicks.
nanningbob

Dublin, Ireland

#12 Apr 8, 2009
Magic Fan Mark wrote:
This was a strange game. Only 2 guys in double digit scoring. Hedo had 20 and Dwight had 14. Nobody else even scored 10 points.
30 points from the bench was nice.
I wish we got Courtney Lee just a bit more involved in the offense. Some nights he disappears. 4 points on 1-6 shooting. I would like to see him find another way to score.
Not sure what happened to Rashard. 6 points, 2 rebounds and 0 assists is pretty weak.
After the game SVG told the reporters that he asked why Lewis wasnt shooting some open shots and he said Lewis replied that he didnt have any legs under him. The Magic are playing like a tired team right now. Good thing are schedule is soft down the end.

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#13 Apr 8, 2009
Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Thats been the difference the last 2 games. Also, some lazy defense. I think the guys are looking ahead to the playoffs and are slacking a bit. AJ was alot more important than I thought after seeing TLue these last 2 games.
This could be a blessing for us AJ needed a good rest and he is getting it.
At the same time Lue needed some workout just in case he is need during the playoffs.
nanningbob

Dublin, Ireland

#14 Apr 8, 2009
OneAndDoneTragic wrote:
Doesnt take much to get you excited, HUH??
nanningbob

Dublin, Ireland

#15 Apr 8, 2009
I see the Magic shot 19% on 3 pointers and then I looked at Memphis and they shot 9% so it works both ways at the end of the season. Both teams are tired.
Nozar

Gainesville, FL

#16 Apr 8, 2009
the difference between this magic team and years past is simple: in previous years the magic would snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory... now we do it the other way. A win is a win. I can't wait till we get 60.
Bobller

Palm Coast, FL

#17 Apr 9, 2009
neighb wrote:
<quoted text>
.....by a girl.
Snap! And the winner of the lame troll put down contest is our old friend from the great bear state: neighb
Van Gundys Mustache

Orlando, FL

#18 Apr 9, 2009
Go Magic!!!
marko

Oviedo, FL

#19 Apr 9, 2009
magic gotta tighten things up fast!!! way to close to the playoffs to play like they did last two games!!! get it right....attitude and all!!
marko

Oviedo, FL

#20 Apr 9, 2009
''lue'' did need some playing time...but he should be playing better than what he did.i expect he will improve a lot upon this after this game..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.J. Redick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA notebook - Dec. 1 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lois 1
Keep JJ at home with the Magic, please (Jan '13) Jan '13 Lois 1
News Updating the Top 100 NBA Players at the First Q... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lois 1
News Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
News Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News J.J. Redick has some peace of mind about his un... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News Nine key questions the Orlando Magic will face ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Lois 1
More from around the web