Scouting report: Magic at Celtics, Ga...

Scouting report: Magic at Celtics, Game 5

There are 7 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 11, 2009, titled Scouting report: Magic at Celtics, Game 5. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

ON THE AIR : TV - TNT; Radio - 580 AM , Spanish-language 1030 AM MAGIC UPDATE : Orlando had a chance to go ahead 3-1 in the series and maintain home-court advantage, but lost Game 4 on Sunday at Amway Arena on PF Glen Davis ' last-second shot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Twist

Clichy, France

#1 May 11, 2009
Just tell me everything will be ok.
Joe Comment

Mount Dora, FL

#2 May 12, 2009
My first comment on Magic this year...

I think it's obvious to everyone that our weakness is at the guard position. We have been overcoming this weakness all season and playoffs with our big guys and team depth. I still think we could get by the Celtics - without Garnet they are good but not great. If we do advance, I think we match up well against anyone. Considering that Labron, Kobe, Chauncey would be a mismatch for any opponent. I think that the pick up of Alston was the best move that could have been made but Jameer is the one who would be making the money 3 balls that would put the dagger in the heart of the opponents.

If we come up short this year - We still finish top 4 in the league and heading in the right direction as long as we can build our team from here and not get messed up by contracts and salary cap stuff. My 2 cents.
Magic in Six

Winter Springs, FL

#3 May 12, 2009
I disagree with the Sentinel writer, the key match up is Rashard Lewis vs. Davis and Scallabrine. Neither guy can cover Lewis, he needs to post up alot and hit near 50% with most of the shots 15 feet and in. These guys foul him half the time he has the ball and he is an 80%+ foul shooter.
Gramps

Spring Hill, FL

#4 May 12, 2009
We get a win in Boston tonight if the officiating is the same "on both ends of the floor". It has not been so far in this series !!!!
GO MAGIC !!
Gramps

Tallahassee, FL

#5 May 12, 2009
I wanna tase boston blood + tacos. ALston play better you bean headed fool. Turk.. uhhh JJ, keep on playing your heart out Jr. Otis, how about a PF? Dwight, you do you. MP nice to see youh ave a decent game every 6 games. geez. Battie... remember whne you used to play? Your trade bait buddy. Gortat, you are gonna make a litlle money next season good for you...to bad you wont be playing in beauitful FL anymore. SVG keep on screaming buddy, i can hear you. Lee lets go back to playing good, no excuses (yes its easy for me to say it, im gramps sucka).... Jameer you doig anything to help u s on the sidelines, whisper your secrets into stubborn Alstons ear. Lets not let that skinny punk Rondo beat us. Pierce is trash unless the refs are giving him calls. Lewis, you are playing good, but i could still use a little more intensity. You just seem so darn soft, you really need to attempt to pull down 5 more rebounds a game. AJ, try not to argue with SVG, your his age but your not the coach,... ok ok, i dont think i have any more messages for the players, now you rat bastard fans.... Cheer your chubby faces off! Let go get'em! Go MAGIC, go rAYS gO bUCS gO usf bulls!!!
Joe Comment

Tallahassee, FL

#6 May 12, 2009
2nd comment, i agree 100% with gramps! Tacos and blood are great togeather!
STAN VAN GUMBY

Kissimmee, FL

#7 May 12, 2009
Twist wrote:
Just tell me everything will be ok.
Now that the Celtics have won, EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY ! RIBBIT !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.J. Redick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA notebook - Dec. 1 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lois 1
Keep JJ at home with the Magic, please (Jan '13) Jan '13 Lois 1
News Updating the Top 100 NBA Players at the First Q... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lois 1
News Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
News Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News J.J. Redick has some peace of mind about his un... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News Nine key questions the Orlando Magic will face ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Lois 1
More from around the web