Gina Marie Incandela is a good-luck c...

Gina Marie Incandela is a good-luck charm the Orlando Magic bel...

There are 75 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 10, 2009, titled Gina Marie Incandela is a good-luck charm the Orlando Magic bel.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

She has won over Magic fans everywhere with her booming voice, but admit it. You really like Gina Marie Incandela because the Magic are 7-0 when she sings the national anthem before each game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Super Shaq

White House, TN

#65 Jun 12, 2009
So much for the good luck charm, LOL.
pending calamity

Richardson, TX

#66 Jun 12, 2009
Wow.
I can't believe the uproar over letterman and Palin and the 18 year old mommy daughter, and you people are punishing a 7 year old????
Susan Boil

Apopka, FL

#67 Jun 12, 2009
pending calamity wrote:
Wow.
I can't believe the uproar over letterman and Palin and the 18 year old mommy daughter, and you people are punishing a 7 year old????
The "punishment" is for those who have to
hear her sing
and also for the child
being indulged and exploited
by her parents
the media
and the Magic.

Her family is not satisfied
to have merely a "normal' child.
pending calamity

Richardson, TX

#68 Jun 12, 2009
Susan Boil wrote:
<quoted text>
The "punishment" is for those who have to
hear her sing
and also for the child
being indulged and exploited
by her parents
the media
and the Magic.
Her family is not satisfied
to have merely a "normal' child.
I don't know where your musical tastes lay, but if she was not extremely talented she would not have sang for the Magic 8 times and all the other venues.
She had a version of autism for years and was able to overcome it through music...She is an inspiration to millions. Have you watched the players reactions to her?

I would love to see all you people repeat your comments directly to the parents or the 7 year old herself...
Susan Boil

Apopka, FL

#69 Jun 12, 2009
pending calamity wrote:
<quoted text>

I would love to see all you people repeat your comments directly to the parents or the 7 year old herself...
Incandela family,

You are exploiting and abusing your child.
a
You are teaching her she can have whatever
she wants.

You are not making her consider that
OTHERS want to sing the Anthem.

Be grateful she is functioning.
Praise her for singing
but enough is enough!

Get a life!
pending calamity

Richardson, TX

#70 Jun 12, 2009
Susan Boil wrote:
<quoted text>
Incandela family,
a
she wants.
Praise her for singing
but enough is enough!
Get a life!
Send another one of these with the same gusto, different subject to Sarah Palin for her exploitation and continued front row seating of her family issues.....
Susan Boil

Apopka, FL

#71 Jun 12, 2009
pending calamity wrote:
<quoted text>
Send another one of these with the same gusto, different subject to Sarah Palin for her exploitation and continued front row seating of her family issues.....
Well...I agree with you!
Gator

Oviedo, FL

#72 Jun 12, 2009
Susan Boil wrote:
<quoted text>
Incandela family,
a
she wants.
Praise her for singing
but enough is enough!
Get a life!
Oh the sheer irony of your nonsense, "Boil." You spent nearly the last day and half bashing this blessed family in several forums just to make some prideful positions against an autistic child who is overcoming life challenges and celebrated at these games. Then, you have the audacity to tell someone else to "get a life"....talk about projection. How sad.
Susan Boyle

Apopka, FL

#73 Jun 13, 2009
Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the sheer irony of your nonsense, "Boil." You spent nearly the last day and half bashing this blessed family in several forums just to make some prideful positions against an autistic child who is overcoming life challenges and celebrated at these games. Then, you have the audacity to tell someone else to "get a life"....talk about projection. How sad.
Day and a half= 36 hours, dummy.
In reality I spent 15 minutes.
On the other hand, think how many hours
her "media savvy" parents
have spent driving her to games
( and not just Magic!).
They are doing PSYCHOLOGICAL DAMAGE to this child. It's disgusting.
The media? It's just another story
for them to fill the space and time.
This is a CHILD!
The parents have made her into a brat.

p.s.
Add 3 minutes to the "day and a half"
Susan Boyle

Apopka, FL

#74 Jun 13, 2009
Yes.
Due to abuse
I've changed the spelling of my last name.
Gator

Oviedo, FL

#75 Jun 13, 2009
Susan Boyle wrote:
<quoted text>
Day and a half= 36 hours, dummy.
In reality I spent 15 minutes.
On the other hand, think how many hours
her "media savvy" parents
have spent driving her to games
( and not just Magic!).
They are doing PSYCHOLOGICAL DAMAGE to this child. It's disgusting.
The media? It's just another story
for them to fill the space and time.
This is a CHILD!
The parents have made her into a brat.
p.s.
Add 3 minutes to the "day and a half"
Your 'course' of time started at the beginning of this thread and has sadly continued even to other forums. Perhaps you might do some research on autistic development. These amazing kids may have challenges in certain aspects of their lives, but studies are showing other stimuli having a positive effect on their learning capability. It might be a musical instrument, singing, horseback riding, etc.

With Gina, it appears the discovery/gift of singing has allowed her voice to develop. That's the real charm in this story and to the millions of people who have been fortunate enough to experience this incredible story with her and her family. IMHO, it's worth celebrating Gina excelling past life challenges at any of these events. Let her sing.
annoyed

West Covina, CA

#76 Jun 14, 2009
once is enough.
Media Maven

Orlando, FL

#77 Jun 15, 2009
Doesn't matter whether the kid has autism or not. She can't sing worth a darn and few people dare to admit it because it's not politically correct. Sad case of parents trotting out the trained monkey (and not an especially talented one) for their 15 minutes of fame and fortune.
pending calamity

Richardson, TX

#78 Jun 15, 2009
Media Maven wrote:
Doesn't matter whether the kid has autism or not. She can't sing worth a darn and few people dare to admit it because it's not politically correct. Sad case of parents trotting out the trained ****(and not an especially talented one) for their 15 minutes of fame and fortune.
Way to kill the feel good story of the year..
Autism Advocate

Orlando, FL

#80 Jul 21, 2009
Those who have commented that this child is being exploited obviously have no direct knowledge of this child or this family. It's sad that they see a child on tv and claim "exploitation" on that basis alone. More pathetic is the fact that all this child has accomplished is overlooked. The fact that she is loving what she does and that it has helped her is also overlooked. Some people have so much hatred and misery in their life they must find a way to project that onto everybody else. It's not wrong for parents to encourage and support their child to exceed. It's not exploitation because she is popular and on television. It's not her fault she is so well liked that stadiums across the country are in line for her performances.
There may be children who are exploited, but this is not one of them. If you don't know her personally or her family then you shouldn't make such a baseless accusation. The kid is happy and she's a nice little girl. Sad that you would spread such ugly rumors about a little kid and a nice family. Really, really sad.
But, on a brighter note...Gina will continue to shine, succeed and overcome obstacles and inspire others, despite the opinion of a complete moron or two along the way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.J. Redick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA notebook - Dec. 1 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lois 1
Keep JJ at home with the Magic, please (Jan '13) Jan '13 Lois 1
News Updating the Top 100 NBA Players at the First Q... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lois 1
News Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
News Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News J.J. Redick has some peace of mind about his un... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News Nine key questions the Orlando Magic will face ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Lois 1
More from around the web