Magic thump Bulls to end 2008

Magic thump Bulls to end 2008

There are 35 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 31, 2008, titled Magic thump Bulls to end 2008. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Magic had more energy than they did in a loss in Detroit and were sharp at tip-off to squash the Bulls.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nanningbob

Nanning, China

#23 Jan 1, 2009
Mike in Tampa wrote:
The Magic have so far only proven to be a really good regular season team but I have my doubts about the playoffs. The game against Detroit was an important measuring stick and at least for now the Magic don't measure up and Detroit is more vulnerable than they have been in years.
What the Magic lack the most is team toughness against an experienced physical team that plays good defense. In the playoffs even marginal teams step up on D and the game becomes much more physical. Until they can beat the Detroits and Clevelands and perhaps Boston on their home court they will continue to exit in the second round.
Ahhhhhhhh.......... ahem but the Magic did have winning records against Cleveland and Boston last year. The Magic are also a better team this year. Even though losing to Detroit was frustrating and I would have rather lost two or three other games and win this one. The Magic record however, speaks for itself. It is only a matter of time now before the Magic turn the corner on Detroit. It still comes down to late game expereience and the Magic are growing in that area. Once they get that under their belt then Detroit will be a past, however bad, memory.
ham sandwhich

Titusville, FL

#24 Jan 1, 2009
we are only going to get stronger. you have to love svg, and his pursuit for perfection.
LMAO

AOL

#25 Jan 1, 2009
Jim wrote:
Does anyone else here think that (Tiffany) is actually LMAO in disguise ?
The dude has actually gone over the edge in his lovefest for J.J. by posing as a teenage girl.
Back off Boogaloo!
Tiffany is Dwights cheerleaderho and the mother of his baby.
Besides she dont like the white boys like JJ. She be into those diamond studs in the ears of those big bad crack lovin dudes.

Anyway, once again I have been totally correct the last few games. Pistons proved that again the Magic are still soft.
I love seeing Dwight throwed down like that, LOL. Whatta big sissy. Now way back I said Miami would rule the Magic this year. Let's find out if finally made a prediction that was wrong!
:)
JJ to the KNICKS! Puhleeze

Gramps

United States

#26 Jan 1, 2009
I think we give Detroit too much respect and I believe the officials are afraid to upset Wallace, SO, they let him get by with murder.

Thanks to Bright House for "sealing the deal" and now we will see more of the Magic games. YEA !!!
Magic Man 4 Life

Asheville, NC

#28 Jan 1, 2009
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Back off Boogaloo!
Besides she dont like the white boys like JJ. She be into those diamond studs in the ears of those big bad crack lovin dudes.
Anyway, once again I have been totally correct the last few games. Pistons proved that again the Magic are still soft.
I love seeing Dwight throwed down like that, LOL. Whatta big sissy. Now way back I said Miami would rule the Magic this year. Let's find out if finally made a prediction that was wrong!
Haven't you learned your lesson about predictions? You finally get one right and the first thing you do is run your mouth about.
What about your call of Utah beating us? Spurs? Lakers?
Picking about 20% of the games you call right (if that) makes you horrible at this. Find something you're better at. You are embarrassing yourself with your lack of bball knowledge.
they cant get it done

Dallas, TX

#29 Jan 1, 2009
Mike in Tampa wrote:
The Magic have so far only proven to be a really good regular season team but I have my doubts about the playoffs. The game against Detroit was an important measuring stick and at least for now the Magic don't measure up and Detroit is more vulnerable than they have been in years.
What the Magic lack the most is team toughness against an experienced
physical team that plays good defense. In the playoffs even marginal teams step up on D and the game becomes much more physical. Until they can beat the Detroits and Clevelands and perhaps Boston on their home court they will continue to exit in the second round.

Dont forget Atlanta. The Magic cant beat any of this teams in a playoff series.
DetroitScum

Winter Haven, FL

#30 Jan 1, 2009
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Back off Boogaloo!
IF, and its a big IF, the magic lose itll eb because of the defensive liability that your daddy jj is (w/ bogans and pietrus out). sorry but u and jj are the WEAKEST LINK
robertohenry

San Josť, Costa Rica

#31 Jan 1, 2009
Enough of the Magic loss to Detroit!!!
Cleveland blew one against the Heat and Boston also fail against Portland.
Any team can falter in the NBA and off night for a good team and a lucky night for a bad team and you have a upset in the making.
Yes, we hate the Pistons they are a pain in our AXX, but trust me put a fork in them.... they are done.
Lets not forget the Magic victories against the Lakers, spurs and others.
With all that said here comes the Heat.

“Life's a Beach”

Since: Dec 07

Cocoa Beach

#32 Jan 1, 2009
Amazing the Sentinel hasn't run a story on the Fox/Brighthouse deal finally coming through.

Fox Sports will now be on channel 50 on Brighthouse Network. That means we pick up 29 more games that we woulnd't of seen without going to the local bar.

I'm looking forward to the Magic/Heat game tomorrow now!

Go Magic!
Jim

West Monroe, LA

#33 Jan 1, 2009
Cocoa Beach Fan wrote:
Amazing the Sentinel hasn't run a story on the Fox/Brighthouse deal finally coming through.
Fox Sports will now be on channel 50 on Brighthouse Network. That means we pick up 29 more games that we woulnd't of seen without going to the local bar.
I'm looking forward to the Magic/Heat game tomorrow now!
Go Magic!
Dude they already ran the story. There has already been like 50 posts on it so far.
OrlandoMagicUNO

Kailua Kona, HI

#34 Jan 1, 2009
Maybe Brighthouse will bring bad luck to the Magic!
The team has done better since they dropped the Magic games.
OrlandoMagicUNO

Kailua Kona, HI

#35 Jan 1, 2009
Remeber the Heat when they couldnt get past New York? Even when the Heat were 1st on the conference and NYK were 8th and they still lost the series.Just like Phoenix cant beat San Antonio.
Sometimes this happens.T-Mac cant make it past the 1st round.
Orlando unfortunetly has the same issue with Detroit.
Other teams in the league has similar issues.
Like Utah and the LA Lakers.
Tiffany

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#36 Jan 1, 2009
dwight howard and tony battie gonna make 2009 a good year.we gonna go to the playoffs and hopefully the finals.the magic are a defensive team and they got a team full of rebounders,blockers,and sharp shooters
Deezworld

Rockville, MD

#37 Jan 1, 2009
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Back off Boogaloo!
Has a black person done something really bad to you, to make you so racist? What the hells wrong with you LMAO?
Tiffany

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#38 Jan 1, 2009
oh my god,just because i like dwight howard dont means yall gotta be racist.even though im not,but i'll be honored to be his cheerleader,not ho.and tony too,i'll be his cheerleader,they're both sexy as hell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.J. Redick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA notebook - Dec. 1 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lois 1
Keep JJ at home with the Magic, please (Jan '13) Jan '13 Lois 1
News Updating the Top 100 NBA Players at the First Q... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lois 1
News Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
News Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News J.J. Redick has some peace of mind about his un... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News Nine key questions the Orlando Magic will face ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Lois 1
More from around the web