The Orlando Magic's tall task even to...

The Orlando Magic's tall task even tougher in Game 3 without st...

There are 82 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 7, 2009, titled The Orlando Magic's tall task even tougher in Game 3 without st.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

T he Orlando Magic have ratcheted up the degree of difficulty on their dive into the deep end of the playoff pool against the reigning champion Boston Celtics .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Magic Fan Mark

Deland, FL

#1 May 7, 2009
I was actually pretty disappointed in Rafer for doing this. Dwight doing it was understandable since he is a kid still at 23. Rafer is a vet and he knows what it means to lose your cool like that. Oh well, it's not like Rafer was lighting it up anyway.

I think AJ will do fine replacing. The only real negative here is that Hedo will be running the offense more which can only be a bad thing based on the way he has been playing.
David Stern

Lakeland, FL

#2 May 8, 2009
The NBA is a joke, if that was Lebron or someone else they would have gotten a 25k fine. Fisher should be out for at least 2 games, and Kobe's foul was worse than Alston's. The NBA doesnt want to see the Magic in the finals, Boston or Cleveland would make alot more money. Seminole Country Rules.
power corrupts

AOL

#3 May 8, 2009
Rafer got what he deserves. This isn't the playgrounds, and that was a bad example of what basketball is about. Message to Rafer...Grow up
Joel

United States

#4 May 8, 2009
power corrupts wrote:
Rafer got what he deserves. This isn't the playgrounds, and that was a bad example of what basketball is about. Message to Rafer...Grow up
I agree!... the Cs are a physical team... and we are in the playoffs... if you can't take the pressure, sit on the bench

or you can slap Rondo on the back of the head and have an excuse to sit on the bench.
David Lee

Orlando, FL

#5 May 8, 2009
It will be tough tonight but I still think we can get it done. We have too much talent to lose these games. If CLEE is back in a guarantee a win. He probably won't shoot much, but his quick defensive pressure will be just what we need. I think Dad can get it done tonight, he's got some legs. Lue is a great backup too, so I am not too worried about all of that. HOWARD HAS TO GET WORKING!!! It's almost as if he dissappeared in game 2. I think he needs to block a lot more shots in the paint to win this game. Even if they are goaltendings, it sends a message to not come to my hoop with that weak crap. I didn't any effort towards that for Dwight in game 2. Hopefully the home crowd will give the adrenaline, and boost we need to outrun these guys. And come on Lewis, you can't get around a 300 pound dude? I can't see a continuation of game 2 happening again. GO MAGIC!!!!
alwaysright

United States

#6 May 8, 2009
Alston out hurts. It will be tough tonight. We need to take it to the HOLE against this team. They have 2 bigs, Perkins and Big Baby. Thats it. They are as depleated inside as we are in the backcourt. Why have we not taken it to the hole more? Jacking up 3's is what they want us to do. If we take the ball inside, get some fouls on those guys, the threes will be open later. Hey Turk, WAKE UP and show some intensity. It's more how hard you play than how well. Go Magic.
BostonTopShotta

Bridgeport, CT

#7 May 8, 2009
Where is the realpunk????

It's over. Period. End of story! Tonight's game.....Celtics 110 Mickey Mouse 92....

Lebron we're coming for YOU!!!!!

ps....ya'' are gonna get smashed!!!!!
voncracker

Christmas, FL

#8 May 8, 2009
Aggressive defense? It is downright thuggery and I hope someone on the Magic grows some and takes care of business tonight. The Celtics get away w/murder and the whole thing is fixed! The Commish doesn't want the Magic in the Finals.
Right

Scottsmoor, FL

#10 May 8, 2009
Whatever. Boston has been lucky the refs are swallowing there whistles because the league wants Boston in the next round.

Stop acting like the wanna-be thugs you are, keyboard gangstas!!!

Note to Raefer: Next time just punch him in the mouth and draw blood, or throw him into the scorers table. You should be good to go then.

Bottom line, we already took home court from the C's. All your hot air wont mean a thing when we head back up their to close out the series, up 3-1!!!
ORLANDO IN 6

San Antonio, TX

#11 May 8, 2009
is that ebonics? sounds like it to me BOS will lose tonight ans Sunday and I be there watching the payback......keyboard gangsta hahahahaha thats hilarious
Stu Jackson

Orlando, FL

#12 May 8, 2009
So, Rondo intentionally whacks Brad Miller in the jaw while not attempting to go for the ball, which by NBA rule is a 1 game suspension since it's above the shoulders, but he got no fine and no suspension. Alston gets suspended for tapping House on the back of the head. Rondo then throws Hinrich off the court, no fine. Kenyon martin shoves Dirk slightly, nothing compared to what Rondo did and gets a $25,000 fine. Pretty easy to see the NBA wants the Boston to meet the Cavs in the ECF. The NBA knows Orlando would beat the Cavs in a series and they have to have Lebron vs. Kobe in the finals, so they are trying to set them up with a team the Cavs can beat. Sad!
Steve

United States

#13 May 8, 2009
you know i do think alston should have been suspended for that but keep it consisten. freakin Rondo clearly did worst fouling Brad Miller on that drive enough so to draw blood.
celtics are old

Winter Springs, FL

#14 May 8, 2009
We are going to kill you boston turds tonight! Get ready bean town... god I hate boston fans.
Neme

Orlando, FL

#15 May 8, 2009
Dwight and now Rafer, what this tells me is the Magic lose their composure. WHY? I think Stan freaks out all the time and it affects the players. Stan is passionate which is great but support your players more. Don't freak out all the time, it affects the players to the point they are getting suspended.
jar jar binks

Winter Springs, FL

#16 May 8, 2009
Yes, the Celtics are turds.
Aron

Sanford, FL

#17 May 8, 2009
Jeeeeezzzzzuuuuuus, DO NOT PLAY TY LUE!!!!!!!!!!

For the love of god, play Lee when AJ goes out of the game to rest at PG!!! Use the combo of Lee and Turk to handle the ball while AJ is resting.

Damnit I can see it now... AJ is going to be walking the ball up the court and getting us set in our offense with about 14 seconds left in the shot clock all game long... Lee had better be taking the ball up court this game or we're sssscrreeewww.
jar jar binks

Winter Springs, FL

#19 May 8, 2009
I agree, AJ takes WAY too long to get the ball up court. Stan Van Gundy would be a quicker PG.
Aron

Sanford, FL

#20 May 8, 2009
BostonTopShotta wrote:
(((Sorry, I must shout. Therefore, I am.)))
YOU BUNCH OF $@#!$#q!@#$. YOU PUNKS WITHIN THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN TALKING ALOT OF @#!@# SINCE GAME ONE. RIGHT!!!??? WHERE ARE YOUR #$@%@#% NOW!!!??? NOT SO TOUGH, EH!!!!???
CURRENTLY, ALL YOU LADIES DO NOW IS CRY, LIKE @#$$#$.
PICK UP YOUR SKIRTS....GRAB YOUR #$@$!# AND PLAY SOME BASKETBALL!!!!
WE NEED TO PRATICE FOR CLE. DO YOUR JOBS YOU HERBS.....
hehehe
Boston’s days at the top are numbered tough guy. Don't be fooled by the anarchy that is the NBA and David Stern. Next year it’s going to be the same story, older veterans wearing down and getting hurt toward the end of the season. Just be happy you guys made it this far because the Bulls should have beat yawl.

And I have to agree with the fellow Magic fans on here... The NBA knows what they want and are going to try and get what they want be dictating the way the games are called. I just wish our GM Otis Smith would openly say something in the national media. You know if it was Mark Cuban he would have been all over this crap.
Reality Bites

Orlando, FL

#21 May 8, 2009
Dwight needs to STEP UP BIG!!! if the magic wanna go anywhere in this series.

His 20 plus rebounds don't mean crap if the Celts keep getting key offensive boards.

We also need him to post big and score 25 plus and please if the hooks are'nt going in DUNK THAT SH*T.....if big fat baby davis and kendrick perkins are getting in your face just give them the facial they deserve!
Aron

Sanford, FL

#22 May 8, 2009
BostonTopShotta wrote:
Before you country clowns start making personal attacks- educate yourself first. Learn to spell Orlando 6...and no, it's not ebonics, it's your moms- she's taking in every drop.
Right, sorry you're wrong. No wanna be here- you must be the herb who cannot get a date. So you're the wanna be tough guy on orlando.com More power to you. There was no reference to gansta here- but since you brought it up, I'm more gansta than you'll ever want to be. Don't talk about the streets unless you are from the streets. All I am doing is talking trash to you bunch of jerks. Sorry, if that is all you punks can come up with. Sorry, you guys sound like you flunked community college.
Now, back to the main issue....
....YOUR TEAM $!@#$#@$@!
LOL, how are you going to get into a debate about whose "hood" is tougher than another cities hood?
P.S. I doubt you would survive in Crime Hills otherwise known as Pine Hills and/or any other variance of "our hood."
LOL, GTFO of here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.J. Redick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA notebook - Dec. 1 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lois 1
Keep JJ at home with the Magic, please (Jan '13) Jan '13 Lois 1
News Updating the Top 100 NBA Players at the First Q... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lois 1
News Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
News Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News J.J. Redick has some peace of mind about his un... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
News Nine key questions the Orlando Magic will face ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Lois 1
More from around the web