Magic Coach Stan Van Gundy opts for J.J. Redick, continuity in ...

In a Game 7, there is little room for a misstep. Coaches have to go with their instincts and trust in them. Full Story
Solar Bear

United States

#1 May 17, 2009
Against the Cavs, I think Lee will be back in the starting lineup.
derek

Philadelphia, PA

#2 May 17, 2009
I thought Pietrus and Turkoglu were the biggest Celtics Momentum Stoppers, and Pietrus all series long. Way to look good MP, I was so happy when Magic signed him away from GS this year, and now look what MP did to help the Magic get into the ECF against LeBron and Cavs. It wont end there I think either.
The rock

Merritt Island, FL

#3 May 17, 2009
MP was huge this entire series. Thank you Kyle for actually pointing it out. Please put JJ back on the bench and lets roll over the Cavs. MP and Turk were the stars tonight.
Kyle

New York, NY

#4 May 18, 2009
You guys have no chance over the cav. i am calling a sweep
The rock

Merritt Island, FL

#5 May 18, 2009
Kyle wrote:
You guys have no chance over the cav. i am calling a sweep
I guess you were not watching during the regular season when we took care of the Cavs! LeBrick is going down.
Aron

Orlando, FL

#6 May 18, 2009
Boy did MP need last night's game to boost his confidence. I hope his hot streak continues because he has been bitterly cold shooting the ball. MP definitely gives us an advantage in the next series however.

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#7 May 18, 2009
Can you say peaking at the right time?
MP was huge and playing so free...
Ummm...if this continues...holy crap....
Ouch bench just got more stronger and stronger....
Also...no matter what the critics say, I just love how the ball moves when JJ in on and his passes are simply fluid.
MP was awesome, TURK made this one much easier!
Paul

Bethlehem, PA

#8 May 18, 2009
I hate to admit this but the saddest story of the night was Redick-he has to go back and watch the tape of this game-he was a mess. Everybody knew once Ray Allen came to life it would be all over for him, then he was afraid to shoot-he needs to watch the half time show-even the guys all stated that he was playing scared-I think he needs to take a long hard look at his NBA job-any other job he would have been fired by now.

Since: Mar 09

United States

#9 May 18, 2009
It's great when his three point shot is on but I love it even more when he drives. The guy is fearless going to the basket.

“Life's a Beach”

Since: Dec 07

Cocoa Beach

#10 May 18, 2009
His 7' wingspan makes him a very good defender and the guy can jump through the roof! Glad he's healthy at the right time!

Go Magic!

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#11 May 18, 2009
Paul wrote:
I hate to admit this but the saddest story of the night was Redick-he has to go back and watch the tape of this game-he was a mess. Everybody knew once Ray Allen came to life it would be all over for him, then he was afraid to shoot-he needs to watch the half time show-even the guys all stated that he was playing scared-I think he needs to take a long hard look at his NBA job-any other job he would have been fired by now.
I have no idea waht you are talking about...
JJ did his job this series.....Yes, CLEE/Peitrus are better than him and are shooting better but JJ did VERY well against Ray allen.
There is a reason he started all these games and started tonight.
He blanketed Ray Allen as well as anybody could have done. JJ's shot selected were perfect adn his assists were crisp.
What else do you want from a guy who's shot is off right now.
JJ's confidence shooting wise is very low but everything else is just what this team needs.
When he is on the floor the ball movements is at its best.
I know he has been a disappointment from what we all expected of him shooting wise but lately he has been great doing other things.
S van gundy

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 May 18, 2009
i'm a reading the quotes and don't forget I am the BOSS. I told howard who runs the show and if he listens to shaq's comment he would be gone next year !!!!!
shaq now is SHACK as in Jack as in JACK MAYOFF !!!!!!!!!!
magicact07

Lake Alfred, FL

#13 May 18, 2009
O-MAGIC wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea waht you are talking about...
JJ did his job this series.....Yes, CLEE/Peitrus are better than him and are shooting better but JJ did VERY well against Ray allen.
There is a reason he started all these games and started tonight.
He blanketed Ray Allen as well as anybody could have done. JJ's shot selected were perfect adn his assists were crisp.
What else do you want from a guy who's shot is off right now.
JJ's confidence shooting wise is very low but everything else is just what this team needs.
When he is on the floor the ball movements is at its best.
I know he has been a disappointment from what we all expected of him shooting wise but lately he has been great doing other things.
Well said O-magic. I couldn't agree with you more. How's that old saying go? "Defense wins championships"? JJ's "D" on rayray was huge in helping the Magic move on. He may have struggled at what we fans expect him to be great at, Shooting the ball, but what his TEAM needed of him this series was great defense on one of the most prolific shooters in NBA history, and he came through for them. Hats off to JJ. Despite what others may say, I say job well done. Go Magic!
d12rocks

Newnan, GA

#14 May 18, 2009
Kyle wrote:
You guys have no chance over the cav. i am calling a sweep
love the in-depth so if that is all it takes. orlando magic 2009 nba champions.GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!
d12rocks

Newnan, GA

#15 May 18, 2009
sorry typo. i mean't in-depth analysis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.J. Redick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA notebook - Dec. 1 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lois 1
Keep JJ at home with the Magic, please (Jan '13) Jan '13 Lois 1
Updating the Top 100 NBA Players at the First Q... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lois 1
Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
J.J. Redick has some peace of mind about his un... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
Nine key questions the Orlando Magic will face ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Lois 1
More from around the web