Orlando Magic trade guard Keith Bogan to Milwaukee Bucks for Ty...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Tyronn Lue of the Orlando Magic drives to the basket during the game against the Los Angeles Clippers on November 15, 2003 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

Comments (Page 7)

Showing posts 121 - 129 of129
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Reaper

Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

Aron wrote:
<quoted text>
Well MIL uses Ramon off and on. When Luke Ridnor was hurt Ramon was the starter with Lue playing the backup minutes (Ramon was great in fantasy then too). When Ridnor came back Ramon went back to the backup role and barely played any minutes (which of course is accustom to happening when the starter comes back) only because MIL was using him and Lue during games. I think the coach must be an idiot because when Ramon was starting he was putting up starter/borderline all-star numbers; say around 8-9 assist and about 12-15 points. Ridnor I guess is obviously better, but why would the coach even use Lue when he had Ramon to just back up Ridnor completely? For this reason I believed that we may have been able to land Ramon (they were using Lue as a back PG during games too).
Ramon Sessions stats: 10.7 ppg, 4.3 apg, 1 spg, 24.7 MINÖ Contact:$722,517.
We could have traded one of our low contract guys and or sent cash as we did with Lue and maybe a draft pick. I know it takes two to make a trade, but we could have sent Bogans and more cash. Iím just guessing that MIL didnít want to let him go or Otis didnít want to give up something else.
that would have been jeremy ricardson or gortat. i still wanna know why we are keeping Foyle can any one explain that?
Tampadooshe

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

AAAARRRRGGHH wrote:
REALLY Magic? Tyronne Lue? REALLY? That's the best we could do? He s u c k ed the first time he was here... why would he be better now when he is older and slower.
Your dumb as s should pay more attention to the sucky as s Bucs. Tampa suxs so dam n bad! Is that the sound you make when a pirate enters your behind? Aaargh, it hurts matey.
horrible trade

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
that would have been jeremy ricardson or gortat. i still wanna know why we are keeping Foyle can any one explain that?
Foyle's services will be handy come play off time. Richardson needs to peace on out. Should of offered richardson, Redick and 13 million to the Bucks. And I cannot stand Lue aka Sheryl Swoopes. Gortat? Why would you even mention him??
Wojtek

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

What happened with 3 team trades ? Are they gone now? everybody is talking about our guy for PG ,how about our guy goes somewhere and somewhere sends their guy somewhere else and somewhere else sends us very good PG? doesn't that sound like a better plan?(I can not give you an example because I'm not a GM and I'm not being paid millions for that) but now it's too late... However TL is going to play it really doesn't matter, this team had chemistry with "Mighty Mouse" on the floor. See you next year :o(
nanningbob

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
actually i was willing to bet that...but since none of you magic fans have confidence in your team, nobody wanted to take me up on that offer...plus, the magic are done now and the cavs are 2nd in the east and they have bostons number...looks like a Cleveland Vs Laker final this year...better luck next year Magic fans...
the magic will contend again next year for the whole year if these 5 things happen...
1.) The Midget comes back healthy for the year
2.) The Hurkey Jerkey Turkey Re-signs
3.) THe Magic upgrade at PF (B cook, Battie, and Gortat aint gettin it done)
4.) Lee and Krzyzewski's golden boy improve
5.) Lebron James, Ray Allen, Dwayne Wade, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett all DIE...LOL
You keep getting the formula backwards. We are 8-2 against you guys and 9 of those games were when Jameer was considered a liability. We were a good team back when we had 3 PG. Even with Jameer down you still are going to have a hard time beating us.

“If you say it, back it up”

Since: Jan 08

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
Because somebody else would actually have to want him for us to get rid of him.

“If you say it, back it up”

Since: Jan 08

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Beezer wrote:
The Orlando Magic need to trade Otis Smith for a crash test dummy! What was he thinking? He gave up a quality player and cash for a turnover machine who thinks defense is something he jumps over to get into the neighbors yard! This move will be something we look at after another failed post season and ask why do we support this team? My money is getting tight and I am not sure it is being well spent supporting this kind of rationale. Stand up Magic fans and demand better!!!
What are you talking about? Lue is a good defender. That is the main reason he finds a spot on clubs and in never out of work. Plus, he can hit a wide open 3. This was another good move by Otis. A good serviceable uptempo PG whose contract ends this year. There is nothing logical we could have done to replace Jameer. You don't want any kind of long-term contract for a back-up PG because Jameer will be back next year. Turk is still the best ball handler on this team. We can still go deep in the playoffs if we can get some defense out of the PG position.
Aron

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

JAlbert wrote:
Otis, go after a big man, PLEASE... Jermaine Oneal, Chris Wilcox or Maxiell/McDyess. Whatever happens at the point guard spot doesnt mean squat if the Magic don't get a solid big man to complement Dwight. Teams with solid power forwards (Boston, Detroit) are going to tear us up in the post season if we dont get someone else to body up the Kendrick Perkins and Amir Johnsons of the league (and also provide offense). Gortat is a good sub at center and Battie is OK but he is showing signs of slowing down. We need improvement in this area more than in the PG spot, IMO, just look at our losses this year. All of the teams who beat us had solid 1 or 2 PFs.
Agreed! At least someone else besides Jim see's my point.
Austin

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Well, today we learned why Otis was so quick to pull the trigger on this deal.
Smart move, too.
Ridnour is out for the next month, as it turns out.
Yesterday, all they knew was that he had gotten hurt in practice, so I have a feeling as soon as Otis heard this, he pulled the trigger on the deal before the Bucks found out the timetable for Ridnour's return.
I doubt that the Bucks would have dealt any of their PGs had they known that at the moment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 129 of129
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent J.J. Redick Discussions

Search the J.J. Redick Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NBA notebook - Dec. 1 Dec '13 Lois 1
Keep JJ at home with the Magic, please (Jan '13) Jan '13 Lois 1
Updating the Top 100 NBA Players at the First Q... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lois 1
Joe Johnson scores 22 points; Nets top Magic 98... (Dec '12) Dec '12 pete 1
Magic play host to Suns (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
J.J. Redick has some peace of mind about his un... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Lois 1
Nine key questions the Orlando Magic will face ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Lois 1
•••
•••